What golf stuff would you do if you won Powerball?

jhtr20

Reaction score
Handicap
With the crazy jackpots in both Megamillions and Powerball, what would you do golf wise if you won?

I know I'd take a couple of folks on golf trip of a lifetime, private jet, 4 star accomodations. Run down a bunch of the top courses "you can play" here in the US, then head to the UK
and Ireland. I would have to find a home on a golf resort somewhere. What about you?

Many many things. Big golf trip with some friends, probably starting in California to get fittings, maybe play the history of early golf. Round at the Old Course, Round at Carnoustie, and a few of the other Morris haunts, back to the US to play some of the early major courses, and then move into the more modern courses, finishing up at Kohler or Chambers Bay maybe. Just a couple of good friends, who'd have to be listed on the payroll as "private security" or similar so they could afford a couple months off to come play golf with me.

-I'd take a yearly or even bi yearly golf pilgrimage for me and 7 other guys to the best courses in the USA and Europe for sure.
-I'd join a few CCs around the US in the "top tier"
-I'd more than likely build out some sort of indoor simulator practice facility in Ohio (where I'm from) it would have multiple Sims, an indoor bunker, indoor putting greens etc
-I'd probably but multiple sets of clubs to keep at the multiple ccs I happen to be a member of
-invest in THP?
-make sure I had enough houses in warmer places than Ohio so i could golf whenever I'd like to

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

I'd buy a membership at rams hill GC in borrego springs, CA then just play golf whenever I like. Of course my bag would be stacked with even more Callaway than I already have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-I'd take a yearly or even bi yearly golf pilgrimage for me and 7 other guys to the best courses in the USA and Europe for sure.
-I'd join a few CCs around the US in the "top tier"
-I'd more than likely build out some sort of indoor simulator practice facility in Ohio (where I'm from) it would have multiple Sims, an indoor bunker, indoor putting greens etc
-I'd probably but multiple sets of clubs to keep at the multiple ccs I happen to be a member of
-invest in THP?
-make sure I had enough houses in warmer places than Ohio so i could golf whenever I'd like to

I laughed at this because you won the powerball and are staying in Ohio (yes i saw the part about other houses).

I laughed at this because you won the powerball and are staying in Ohio (yes i saw the part about other houses).

I would run and run fast if I lived in Ohio

In New England I would not live here from Thanksgiving until May

Maybe pop up for Christmas if we wanted snow

"Staying in Ohio" is relative. I'd keep a house / condo here because its where all of my family is for the most part. The indoor practice facility is for my local golf buddies. But I WOULD NOT stay extended periods of time in Ohio lol. Maybe summers....aka July.

I'd pay for everyone on this site that wanted to go play at the unofficial THP outing in Florida this summer (airfare, lodging, food, etc).

I'd buy a golf course. One that used to be one of my favorites closed last year. An adjacent private university bought it and said after a few years that they were losing money. It's unofficially available for sale. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Beyond that, I'd definitely play wherever I wanted.

What golf stuff would you do if you won Powerball?

I would take my step brother and two buddies on a trip across America to play 50 rounds of golf in 50 states in 50 days. After that, we would take a 6 month trip around the world to play the top courses on each continent. Invest the rest of the money, retire and live off the interest to play even more golf

Yeah I’ve thought about this before haha

An RV and play the top 3 publicly available courses in all 50.
Maybe a donation to just the right person's favorite charity to try and get on Augusta. :clown:

Let a lot of people know how I really feel. lol

Debt free first, then just relax and take a much needed vacation. Should I win the house is already picked out.

Buy Mark Crossfield an M3 and M4 driver for review.

I would be moving to a 12 month a year golf climate immediately! Once settled I'd probably take a trip to Ireland with some friends and hit up all the best courses there. Maybe buy a house at the Hideaway too...:D

I missed that one! I could use that here in MA too.

I would travel to each major in style for life. Gotta bring 3 friends too because we will try to play golf at each course before or after the tournament!

I'd start my own golf club manufacturing company. Fail miserably at it, lose all of the money and back to where I started...

Everything

Twice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would try for every THP event possible, no matter the location, no matter the cost!

I think I'd move to Oregon, Find a nice gated golf community to live in, and play every single day for the rest of my life.

LOL, maybe he would shut up on Twitter...but i doubt it...

I’d take a trip to Scotland and Ireland and pay for 7 of my golf buddies to join me. I wouldn’t change my retirement plans, 6 months in Florida and 6 months in Minnesota. I’d be a member at at least 4 private clubs - I join Old Collier in Naples where they limit membership to 250 and I’d also join Interlachen in Minneapolis although most of my golf would be played at my existing club 10 miles away where all my buddies are. I would buy a home at the Yellowstone Club in Montana which includes membership to their golf club and private ski resort.

Last edited:
I would start a YouTube channel and do equipment reviews for products that are only sold at 3am on the golf channel.

Back