What is the most difficult shot in golf?

Had a shot in Sunday Singles at #TheKing on 16. I was trying to hit a flop shot from a tight lie over the cart path, not a lot of green to work with, down hill, down grain and water just behind the green. No room for error. I was 2 up at the time and needed a halve to at least secure a dormie.

Landed it just short of pin high, rolled out to about 6 feet, got the halve. Scariest/most difficult shot given the circumstances I've ever hit.

60-75 yard bunker shot

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Long forced carries (200 yards or more) on approaches. For some reason they make my brain do stupid things and I sometimes hit uncharacteristically bad shots in these situations.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Long par 3 or 50-70 wedge into a green are the two shots I find most difficult for my game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Working on that next Sat and Sun! I'll be ready Captain!

I figured as much. If that is the toughest shot for you (and it will be tough for many), then we are in good shape.

I'll go with the drive on long hole with forced carry. Obviously there are a lot of specific holes than can give anyone fits, but #11 at home course is always a challenge. There are four ponds, the 1st just right of the teebox that always seems to have wind blowing right across the box. The 2nd pond is there just left of target line and visually just draws your eyes. The fairway is narrow at first then widens but runs downhill on the left to the 3rd pond which is 150 yards long. The right side of the fairway is safe, but drops down just off the fairway across the cart path into some trees then woods.

Just an imposing tee shot all around...

Fairway bunkers with hard sand for me. The waste areas at true blue gave me some issues.

Ball below your feet is the hardest for me.

Any shot that is a forced carry. Something about those just get in my head and mess me up.

Wet bunker shot, especially when the pin is right above. I actually had that with dry sand and hit it within 5 feet. Wet sand? Could get ugly.

For me it is the short-sided chip or pitch onto the green where I only have 10 or 15 feet to clear the fringe and reach the green. Seems like 30% of the time I chunk it a foot, 30% of the time I blade it over the green, 30% of the time I hit it ok, but way long, and about 10% of the time I can put it within a few feet,

Either the mid long bunker shot, or down hill 3w shot from the rough. I'm finally getting a handle on the 60 to 70 yard shot o the green.

Downhill lie chips or pitches, especially to short sided pins. I hate that shot.

I would say a 30-70 yard wedge shot. My wedges are a little sketchy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Any type of 220+ precise shot is hard- water or OOB or whatever.

After that it is really soft sand. Hard sand I'm great with. But the super soft stuff can be like hitting from inside a marshmellow.

When I master those two shots I'll kill probably 80% of my blow up holes.

Uphill chips/pitches with a downhill lie. So hard to get even remotely close to the hole.

#10 on my home course crosses the Big Sandy River and it has trees to the right that you either fade around or go over, or the 3rd option of long into the 16th fairway. The shot always has wind playing havoc with your ball and it isn't a huge distance but it can ruin your round if not careful. Then you get to take the cart cross the swinging bring to the fairway, always a joy ride.

I don't enjoy having a 40 yard chip over a bunker to a short sided pin.

For me the most difficult shot, is any shot that has a anything interfering with the back swing, for me that has Shank written all over it.

Have to say a down hill lie gives me fits. Not sure why, but I never seem to make solid contact with those shots.

For me its the fairway bunker shot

The NEXT shot after a shank!
I was all set to respond with 'tee shot while 4some who just waived you through stands and watches' but your response brought on a cold sweat:sweat:

Back