What is the worst golf purchase you've made this past year....

The new for 2015 SLDR C-Series Driver is way better!

(Same applies for SLDR C-Series Fairways and Rescue Hybrids!)

Took them awhile, but with the C-Series, TM finally got the SLDR lineup right! All are easy to launch with a solid feel and want to go dead straight!

No longer the "sleepers of the year", these are selling out fast now!

Bobcat I admired the fact that you hung in there and opined very favorably on how the Sldr C and SLDR C fairways work for you. I really enjoyed catching up on this thread in general and the banter from a few, about your Sldr C posts, for unknown reasons stood out. Maybe it stood out because I thinned the herd a little more today by selling my 460 cc original SLDR.

I don't think I have ever heard of the SLDR C or maybe I just forgot it exists. I knew there was an S and a mini. It is very obvious that there is not a lot of love here for any driver with the letters SLDR in the name. Let me be the first to say enjoy those SLDR C'S, you found clubs that work great for you, thats what it is all about. Thanks for educating me on the SLDR C. Would I buy one? No , but thanks.

That's frustrating for sure. The only thing I've noticed with them is they really spin a lot, so you have to adjust your landing spots with them or you'll come up way short.

very interesting. when I run out of cs or grab something else out of the bag when I sh1t the bed on a hole, I always lose distance. cs has been the best ball I can ever remember for my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the worst golf purchase you've made this past year....

Surprisingly, the Ping Gmax Iron Set. I bought it for my back up bag, but ended up not liking them. For some unknown reason, I cannot get along with Ping Irons.
On the other hand, the Callaway XR irons were mind blowing.

Last edited:
I have to add an honorable mention for TrueLinks Motion shoes. They are crazy comfortable shoes and I'll happily wear them in the summer. But they have 100% sucked in terms of (not) being waterproof.

Last edited:
Adidas Tour 360 X shoes.

My two worst golf purchases would be Winn Dri Tac grips. I have used them for years, but they just wear out to quickly. The last straw being in had them installed in my Big Bertha irons in October and must of them already need to be replaced. Gotta go with something different next time.

The other was my SeeMore Corona Del Mar X4. I so wanted to love this putter, but I just don't like they way it feels at impact.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Adidas Tour 360 X shoes.

Crazy talk. I have the white/sil and blk/red versions, both with the BOA system, and I love them. I got them both on clearance too.

I've had the white version since March and haven't had any issues. I did have to get them in the wide versions, but they fit like a glove. I just got the black version for under $100 from Gmamasgolf. What didn't you like about them?

All my #9 style putter purchases. I love the look, but a plumbers neck currently works better for me.

My two worst golf purchases would be Winn Dri Tac grips. I have used them for years, but they just wear out to quickly. The last straw being in had them installed in my Big Bertha irons in October and must of them already need to be replaced. Gotta go with something different next time.

The other was my SeeMore Corona Del Mar X4. I so wanted to love this putter, but I just don't like they way it feels at impact.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Same issue for me with the Dri Tacs. Tried them for the first time in September on my driver and hybrids. Just loved em at first but I will have to replace them already. My 3 newest grips wore out the soonest.

14' bounce PM SW. Haven't played a bunker this year where ( thought I was going to - story for another time ) I needed a high bounce club like that. Plus, I thought the feel would grow on me - it didn't - and I knew the looks never would.
Is that the one you bought in Pittsburgh?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

PING i25 Driver - after reading the reviews and specs, I thought it would be perfect for me. I've never felt a more alien driver in my life...

Has to be the Exotics CB ProH irons for me. I wanted something to lower the moon balls I hit with the D200s, but they were a club to a club & a half shorter. Especially in the long irons where I need the most help.

Too bad because I loved the way they looked & they were very accurate.

Surprisingly, the Ping Gmax Iron Set. I bought it for my back up bag, but ended up not liking them. For some unknown reason, I cannot get along with Ping Irons.
On the other hand, the Callaway XR irons were mind blowing.

Funny you say that, I bought a Gmax iron set and don't like them as well. There is just something about them that I can't get comfortable with. May end up on EBay.

Mizuno jpx ez forged irons. I've played 4 sets of mizuno irons and loved them all and they all performed amazing but these for some reason I was 2 clubs shorter with every club. I was fit for them too at golfsmith but a different guy fit me for my new srixon z545/z745 combo set and I'm back to my normal distances and longer on some clubs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Every iron set I have tried to buy to replace the J15. So that is like 5 or 6 haha but all were a mistake. More because the j15 is just so solid for me nothing to do with the other equipment

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bought a titleist adaptor tip off eBay from Hong Kong... It obviously didn't work. I really should've guessed.

Scotty futura x5. Got intoxicated by Scotty ownership and just bought without extensive trying. Thought I'd be as good a putter with that as the #7. Found out I wasn't. Got sold real quick. Dropping putts with the #7 now

Srizon z745 irons, one of the best irons I have gamed. Perfect blend of consistency and distance

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Srizon z745 irons, one of the best irons I have gamed. Perfect blend of consistency and distance

how is that the worst purchase you ahve made?

how is that the worst purchase you ahve made?
Haha darn it's early. Didn't read the worst part

Haha darn it's early. Didn't read the worst part

Skimming the thread title? That must be a first :alien:

Skimming the thread title? That must be a first :alien:
I have learned the lesson,no sleep responding

Footjoy Hyperflex shoes. The toe box is too narrow for my feet. Shoes felt good in the store but didn't like them after 14-15 holes (I usually walk).

CF16 Irons with Recoil 110 shafts. Sounded like a winning combo, the head weight, shaft weight, swing weight, offset. Everything about it was wrong to me. Sold it without taking it out on the course once.

Back