What is the worst golf purchase you've made this past year....

SLDR S 12*, tried like crazy to make it work, but 3 months later it was retired for my old RBZ and completely finished when I got a R15.

Was just never please with it, but I suppose that's what I get for not thoroughly trying one out before buying. Was also the first and last fixed hosel I'll get, thought it'd be fine since the RBZ's best spot for me was neutral, never again.

Seems that so many had a difficult time with the original SLDR driver heads. (Very difficult to hit well on a consistent basis).

Tis a real shame it took TM so long to get the SLDR Driver right, but as previously posted, (See Post #152 above), they finally did so with the new for 2015 SLDR C-Series line.

:act-up:

Last edited:
I won't say "worst" but I will say "dumbest" purchase of the year. I bought a set of J15 CBs just days before I was gifted a professional fitting by my head pro to the best fitter in Washington. As the fitting was a gift, I couldn't turn it down. Of course, I was fitted into irons that weren't the J15 CBs so I had to buy the irons I was fitted into. Right?? :banghead:

So I now have a basically brand new set of J15 CBs sitting in my garage. Sometimes, golf just makes me dumb.

So many had a difficult time with the original SLDR heads...Hard to hit well consistently...Tis a shame it took TM so long to get the SLDR line right, but as previously posted, they finally did with the 2015 SLDR C-Series....

And as previously posted, you must be one of the three people that have a SLDR C. Never understood TM's thinking behind that line.

58* PM grind, I couldn't get out of a bunker to save my life with it!

And as previously posted, you must be one of the three people that have a SLDR C. Never understood TM's thinking behind that line.

You'll find plenty of C-Series users if you look beyond this forum. It's a solid line of products from TM, that has flown beneath the radar here.

It appears People still don't understand why TM didn't promote the C-Series more, but the reason is because it came out well AFTER the R15 and AeroBurner were already in Retail stores. TM chose to keep their marketing budget focused on those "new release" products rather than promote this "addition" to the older SLDR product line. No new technology was announced in the C-Series, so really nothing much for TM to brag about as being "new technology", but the lower profile heads are completely different than the original SLDR's.

The C-Series was actually "in the pipleline" before the R15/AeroBurner, but held for awhile due to those "new release" lines. Because it offered the consistent performance the original SLDR's had lacked, TM finally decided to bring out the C-Series anyway, (late). The thinking at the time was that the SLDR name still had enough marketing "buzz" to carry it without further promotion, especially if these new models were priced right. The decision to announce just prior to Father's Day 2015 was a strategic decision as well.

No doubt, TM's timing for the C-Series announcement must have appeared very curious and quite confusing for a whole lot of people, not just you.

Nevertheless, the C-Series is a solid product line from TM that is well worthy of consideration before all are gone. One of the best looking lines ever too in the new (gloss black) color. Let's hope this isn't the last classic (bonded) Titanium Driver ever from TM, but well, you just never know...

I won't say "worst" but I will say "dumbest" purchase of the year. I bought a set of J15 CBs just days before I was gifted a professional fitting by my head pro to the best fitter in Washington. As the fitting was a gift, I couldn't turn it down. Of course, I was fitted into irons that weren't the J15 CBs so I had to buy the irons I was fitted into. Right?? :banghead:

So I now have a basically brand new set of J15 CBs sitting in my garage. Sometimes, golf just makes me dumb.

I feel your pain man hahaha

You'll find plenty of C-Series users if you look beyond this forum. It's a solid line of products from TM, that has flown beneath the radar here.

It appears People still don't understand why TM didn't promote the C-Series more, but the reason is because it came out well AFTER the R15 and AeroBurner were already in Retail stores. TM chose to keep their marketing budget focused on those "new release" products rather than promote this "addition" to the older SLDR product line. No new technology was announced in the C-Series, so really nothing much for TM to brag about as being "new technology", but the lower profile heads are completely different than the original SLDR's.

The C-Series was actually "in the pipleline" before the R15/AeroBurner, but held for awhile due to those "new release" lines. Because it offered the consistent performance the original SLDR's had lacked, TM finally decided to bring out the C-Series anyway, (late). The thinking at the time was that the SLDR name still had enough marketing "buzz" to carry it without further promotion, especially if these new models were priced right. The decision to announce just prior to Father's Day 2015 was a strategic decision as well.

No doubt, TM's timing for the C-Series announcement must have appeared very curious and quite confusing for a whole lot of people, not just you.

Nevertheless, the C-Series is a solid product line from TM that is well worthy of consideration before all are gone. Let's hope it isn't the last classic (bonded) Titanium Driver from TM, but well, you just never know...

I thought the SLDR C was a "Made for Dicks" release... I guess not.

Sold in many Retail Stores, Golfsmith, Edwin Watts, PGA SuperStore, etc. etc. as well as through many online stores.

Definitely not a "Made for Dicks" product!

I thought the SLDR C was a "Made for Dicks" release... I guess not.

I never even saw one at my local DSG. But after my first failed SLDR attempt, I wouldn't own anything by the same name.

Looks like the SLDR-C is a re-purposed original SLDR but without the adjustment options?

Looks like the SLDR-C is a re-purposed original SLDR but without the adjustment options?

Check out the SLDR thread, lots of headache, er, info in there on it.

I never even saw one at my local DSG. But after my first failed SLDR attempt, I wouldn't own anything by the same name.

The original SLDR Driver sure put a bad taste in a lot of mouths, but for those who can get past that, the SLDR C-Series Driver is a completely different head shape, and nothing like the originals. Lower profile, wider from heel-to-toe and very forgiving with no need to "loft up". Still very much an SLDR due to low and forward CG, and low spin, but a much-improved launch angle. Note also that the C-Series has the "speed pocket", not found on previous SLDR Driver models.

The head shape and sole design of the SLDR C-Series Driver appears to have been taken from the (260cc) SLDR "S" Mini Driver, but obvously "blown up" into a much larger size, (460cc) and with lower lofts, (9.5*/10.5*/12*), with a longer (45.5") shaft. Available in both LH and RH too!

Note the SLDR "S" Mini Driver sole pic attachment below for comparison purposes.

sldr c sole.jpg

Attachments

• s-l225 (1).jpg
    s-l225 (1).jpg
    10 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Who left the door open?

2 bad purchases for me TaylorMade Project A balls and Callway chrome soft balls, I gave both dozens away and the person I gave them to gave them away lol.

2 bad purchases for me TaylorMade Project A balls and Callway chrome soft balls, I gave both dozens away and the person I gave them to gave them away lol.

You didn't like the chromesofts? Too soft feeling for you or spun too much?

Too soft, they felt mushy and the flight was too weird for me, it seemed too high or too low, I couldn't pin it down.

Too soft, they felt mushy and the flight was too weird for me, it seemed too high or too low, I couldn't pin it down.

That's frustrating for sure. The only thing I've noticed with them is they really spin a lot, so you have to adjust your landing spots with them or you'll come up way short.

I guess it would have to be my Sun Mountain Sync cart bag. I chose it specifically because the deep putter head recess protected by that ridge provides exactly the protection I need to permit me to play without my putter headcover during a round. The bag itself is great and indeed protects my uncovered putterhead wheter on the pushcart or riding. The real problem is I'm at the range 4-5X as often as on the course so I'm better served by a stand bag.

Nope...completely different head entirely...

Let's not rehash the SLDR-C in this thread. Bump the original if there is a need to discuss it further.

Nike Vapor Speed irons... I couldn't hit those things to save my life!

I have honestly never even seen a SLDR C?!

What is the worst golf purchase you've made this past year....

It's not worth it. It's a made for retail head and that is coming straight from the company on our last visit.

It's not a new release, but some can't let it go.

Now back to this one on topic

Hmmmm probably my Sun Mountain 4five bag. It doesn't fit on my Clicgear well at all and it's storage is much less than I had anticipated.

Callaway chrome soft....Just way too mushy.

Hmmmm probably my Sun Mountain 4five bag. It doesn't fit on my Clicgear well at all and it's storage is much less than I had anticipated.
Exactly why I literally threw mine into the attic.

Back