what is your sports car?

Just imagine how I felt after this happened like 4 years ago!

463c0b70deffa723f013154dc9a63293.png

729430b6158f8a1aed90f4275e19c386.png

What did you hit? At what speed? Holy smokes. Going with Holden badges for repair was a good idea. Have thought about changing White Lion's emblems to the Holden emblems.

What did you hit? At what speed? Holy smokes. Going with Holden badges for repair was a good idea. Have thought about changing White Lion's emblems to the Holden emblems.

I steered too hard to avoid an animal that darted in front of me (was so quick I thought it was a kid) and over steered back too hard to correct. Car ended up sliding sideways jumped the curb and plowed into a stone wall at about 30mph (surprisingly, the airbags never deployed. It took all of 5 seconds for all that to happen. My son and I were wearing our seat belts so other than some slight redness/bruising where the seat belts held us we walked away. Like most accidents we were only running to the corner store 2 minutes from the house when it happened.

Your car would look sick with Holden badges!

It hauls golf clubs...and a**.

11263120_10152733047187032_1900691147479699161_n.jpg

My daily driver is an 02 Mini Cooper S, I put 60 miles on it six days a week and it's a blast to drive!

It's a great car JimBetts. I like "unique" cars and this one certainly qualifies.

It's very fast, 0 - 60 in 5.6 seconds as it comes from the factory. I've included a few upgrades that gives it about 80 to 100 horsepower...nothing major, fresh air intake and wider diameter exhaust and a few computer tuning tricks.

It gets great gas mileage and I can pack the kids and take them to grandma's house no problem.

The RT option not only includes the 5.7 liter engine, but also a sport suspension and wide lower profile tires, this combo makes this car an Interstate monster as it climbs the hills and takes the curves here in Montana like a beast. It's also an All Wheel Drive model so the snow is no problem either.

This is a 2008, the last year of the Magnum, you can tell by the SRT style front end, different from the 2004 - 2007 models. Only 205 RT's with AWD were made in 2008, so like I said...I like unique cars :)

Also, I'd love to get behind the wheel of that Mini Cooper S...I heard they are a blast to drive!!

It hauls golf clubs...and a**.

11263120_10152733047187032_1900691147479699161_n.jpg
LOVE these! Such cool, unique cars with some really good power. I test drove one a few years ago and loved it. Unfortunately my wife didn't feel the same.

I know for most that don't live in warmer climates, we have a few months before we break out the summer rides. But I have been acquiring some parts for my S2000, grabbed a CT Engineering intake:
q9lbMmvl.jpg

and bought all new tires, since my rears were shot. Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 (re-branded Bridgestone Adrenalin R003):
u6ofge.jpg

Can't wait to fire her up again!

Favorite sportscar I've ever owned was my '81 Camaro Z28. The year before the IROC style redesign.

Wish I had pics but mine was formerly a show car bought off a buddy. Black with red striping, red interior, functional chrome roll cage, t-tops, Crager centerline chrome rims, worked 350. No idea how many horses but that thing got up and went!

Favorite of all-time is probably the '69 Camaro. My brother still has his since probably 1984 but he's let it go to crap.

I know that makes two Chevys and two Camaros but I love most of the old muscle cars. Challenger, GTO, 'Cuda, 'vette, 442... sign me up for any of 'em!

Love lots of the modern rides too. Even though my wife's G37x is a sedan, that darn thing moves. 330 horses, if memory serves, but a very efficient use of them. Extrememly strong acceleration and it's a well balanced car with exceptional handling.

All of which is completely lost on her as she drives slower than my mom. ?

My current owned fun car is a 2005 E46 M3

Have owned various types in the past, this is tops so far. Next will be a 911. But will have to wait a few more years.

It's looking like I'll be moving in to a new sports car this spring. My dad bought a new Plum Crazy Purple Challenger and needs to unload his 07 Corvette convertible. He's offering me a hell of a family discount, to the point that I can't really pass on it. It's looking like my Challenger will be gone this year.

2000 Acura 3.2TL. This vehicle is a joy to drive. Also, this one is the most airodynamic (lowest drag co-efficient) of any production vehicle sold over the last 30 years.
2000_acura_tl_3_2tl-pic-40715-1600x1200.jpeg

My oldest son and I do our "car thing" together. It helps smooth over my spending with the wife and allows my 27 year old to race with the older guys. We just sold his C5 Corvette that we built to race in the runway events and picked up this almost mint Viper to build up to do the same.
IMG_0336.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
viper.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's looking like I'll be moving in to a new sports car this spring. My dad bought a new Plum Crazy Purple Challenger and needs to unload his 07 Corvette convertible. He's offering me a hell of a family discount, to the point that I can't really pass on it. It's looking like my Challenger will be gone this year.
Corvette's always have a special place in my heart, that will most likely be my next summer car (probably an '03 Anniversary one) or the current gen. Mustang GT350's are just so sexy.

Also my dad is a big vintage car guy, over the past few years he bought this Bentley:
DNLbZI1l.jpg

and also owns a Replica Allard J2X w/a 392 Hemi in it.
He is currently looking to import a mint cond. Nissan Figaro too:
Nissan%20Figaro%20(6).jpg

Last edited:
My oldest son and I do our "car thing" together. It helps smooth over my spending with the wife and allows my 27 year old to race with the older guys. We just sold his C5 Corvette that we built to race in the runway events and picked up this almost mint Viper to build up to do the same.
IMG_0336.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
viper.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm freaking jealous! The Corvette has been my favorite car ever since I was a little kid. However, the Viper is my dream car! I remember when the first model came out I became obsessed with it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someday there will be one in my garage. Very nice man!

2000 Acura 3.2TL. This vehicle is a joy to drive. Also, this one is the most airodynamic (lowest drag co-efficient) of any production vehicle sold over the last 30 years.
2000_acura_tl_3_2tl-pic-40715-1600x1200.jpeg
We had the similar 1999 3.2 TL. Loved that car but being that it was the first year of the redesign, tranny problems. Honda extended the warranty on the tranny but wouldn't ya know it, ours took a dump 7k miles beyond. 2 rebuilds later, we moved on.

Issue was fixed before the release of yours though. 225 horses if memory serves but man, it felt like more. That car moved. Loved the highway ride, insulated, quiet and smooth.

Very accidentally found out that it's great in the snow too. Snow storm that wasn't forcasted hit us while driving home from a wedding 100 miles away. That thing plowed right through it with barely a slip.

We had the similar 1999 3.2 TL. Loved that car but being that it was the first year of the redesign, tranny problems. Honda extended the warranty on the tranny but wouldn't ya know it, ours took a dump 7k miles beyond. 2 rebuilds later, we moved on.

Issue was fixed before the release of yours though. 225 horses if memory serves but man, it felt like more. That car moved. Loved the highway ride, insulated, quiet and smooth.

Very accidentally found out that it's great in the snow too. Snow storm that wasn't forcasted hit us while driving home from a wedding 100 miles away. That thing plowed right through it with barely a slip.

Actually, the early 2000 model still had the automatic transmission design defect. I've been told it's a fluid passage that gets plugged that is way up there inside the tranny. My mechanic knows these things inside/out. He says the best antidote is a slightly different blend of transmission fluid and changing the fluid often. I've got over 100K miles on the current transmission and no signs of a problem. Knock on wood.

My first trip with this car was through the snow over Tioga Pass around Yosemite, so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Made me fall in love with the seat warmers and TCS (Traction Control System), as well as how beautifully this car handles.

Yes! That TCS was awesome. My cousin was with us and he had a Suburban. Early on he was lamenting that he didn't bring it but like I said, the bad weather caught us all by surprise. After the stuff got heavy though and he saw the difficulty other cars and small trucks were having, he changed his tune as our car plowed through with ease.

Kinda funny I guess that I now have a Suburban. ? Best of luck with the tranny. The 3.2 TL was my wife's car and she loved it as much as I did, we never would've unloaded it hadn't it been for the problems.

But on the positive side wrt to your ride, a buddy of mine has a 2000 and he has over 250k miles on it. Was the family car for a while and then he used it for his daily 50 mile commute. Never an issue with his. All the best!

69 Camaro for me, and 69 Camaro for my wife....currently in the middle of an LS swap in hers :popcorn:

Took delivery last October...not the best for transporting clubs and a Clicgear around, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

2017 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe

3675bf181a25934f5725993d1dd5e11e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took delivery last October...not the best for transporting clubs and a Clicgear around, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

2017 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe

3675bf181a25934f5725993d1dd5e11e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is beautiful!

I don't own a sports car, but WHEN I win the powerball....BAM! :bananadance:..........since my wife doesn't golf, bag will be strapped in the passenger seat.

lambo.PNG

Silver 04 Chevy Impala

Back