what is your sports car?

Man was I digging that BMW i8 on the 11th tee at the BMW Championship - wow!

Went to the Tour Exotics track in Vegas. Drove the 911 turbo, that car is a beast..

I've wanted it for years and my wife has grown tired of me talking about it so I'm just going to do it after I wrap up a few contract obligations over the next few months and settle into full-time retirement.

Since I have gotten old, I guess it is only appropriate that I drive old vehicles. So I have a 2002 Ford Thunderbrid and a 2006 Dodge Ram Night Runner. What I really like about them is that I have owned them for sometime with no payments.

47fab0455f8aef4074ab79ba4ad81a1b.jpg

My dad had a red RX-7 convertible for several years. That was a fun little car. I like the blue!

Owned my '03 Honda S2000 for going on 4 years, have loved every minute of it. Can even fit my golf bag in the trunk, just have to take out my driver and put it in the front seat.
One day I would like to own a newer (past year or two) Porsche Boxter or I always have had a soft spot for Corvette's :0)
8sRsWB9l.jpg

aJkrUXxl.jpg

This was my first sports car with a manual, I had an 87, matte black, eibach springs w tokico adjustable shocks/struts, SAFC fuel controller, 2.5" mid pipe to 3" cork sport cat back, gasket matched the intake and wired open the 5/6 ports. Such a fun car to drive, wasnt the fastest but always was a fun ride. I still love the rotary motor.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

This was my first sports car with a manual, I had an 87, matte black, eibach springs w tokico adjustable shocks/struts, SAFC fuel controller, 2.5" mid pipe to 3" cork sport cat back, gasket matched the intake and wired open the 5/6 ports. Such a fun car to drive, wasnt the fastest but always was a fun ride. I still love the rotary motor.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

You can sure rev the heck out of those rotary engines! My dad's had the manual also and you had to rev it pretty high and drop the clutch to get the tires to burn.

I have all the parts for my mods to "White Lion" (Chevrolet SS). They are getting installed on Thursday and to the tuner on Sat. It will be dyno tuned and will take 4 days to do it. Stay tuned for a before video showing what White Lion sounds like before the install. Will post the video later today. Then after dyno tune will post another to show comparison.

I'm having KOOKS 1 3/4 LT headers (coated), X pipe, High flow Cats and axle back exhaust.

Here are a couple videos before KOOKS mods are installed. Installation starts at 9am tomorrow.

It was a little wet out so I took it easy.

https://vimeo.com/140860913

https://vimeo.com/140861567

https://vimeo.com/140861780

After mods are installed he gets a tune, then White Lion will be roaring louder with over 60 more hp and 50 more torque. 0-60 mph time should drop from 4.2 secs to sub 4 secs. I know doesn't sound like much of a time difference. But the car guys/gals know it's a huge difference.

Thanks for following along with my sports car.

White Lion is under the proverbial knife. Won't be able to drive it until after the tune. Which takes 4 days and I can't pick it up till next weekend. So no fun driving for over a week for me. I'm glad it's getting done now. Just in time to store before winter.

Last edited:
Love the subtle things you did to it.

Love the subtle things you did to it.

Thanks, I changed the side vents from chrome to Phantom Black Metallic. Changed spoiler to Phantom Black Metallic as well from white. Then I also had all them SS and Chevrolet Bowtie emblems painted Phantom Black Metallic. And I ordered Phantom Black Metallic mirror caps too. So all the black is Phantom metallic and matches the front and rear ends. No more exterior mods except maybe doing the roof in Phantom Black Metallic as well. If I do it, it won't be until after my engine mods are done.

I have a WS6 Trans Am that has been fun to play with the past few years, a 03 Cobra before that, 01 Camaro SS, and a few others. My dream is to buy a Gen II Viper GTS one day

White Lion is roaring louder now!

d009b022fe958c4e4db442e3e816b212.jpg

876ec951e36b620ebae2b5b1633563eb.jpg

0d17a59e641a4ae8ddc1bd33b6aa9634.jpg

72b22c4d95ece605ff8a6028ce208ccd.jpg

9a95c6fc0133d6252992f5cf0c342318.jpg

7428022c66aeb06e3c1fafe7fac7db3e.jpg

I will get a video of the sound once it's out of service department. It's a lot louder! Taking to get tuned Saturday.

Last edited:
Here is short sound video. It's windy out but still can hear it roar... So bad arse!! Will get some sound clips driving by as well. No tune yet. Going Saturday.

After having ~ 15 sports cars over 20 years, my sports car now is sadly a pick up truck. That's one of the sacrifices that I've made for the family.

Maybe one day again......

Here is another video with less wind. Will sound a tad different after the tune. Mobile devices don't do it justice.

https://vimeo.com/141172052

I have a WS6 Trans Am that has been fun to play with the past few years, a 03 Cobra before that, 01 Camaro SS, and a few others. My dream is to buy a Gen II Viper GTS one day

Any pics of the WS6? Those are sweet looking cars. I always thought the hood on those was a menacing look. I'm with you on the Viper, blue with white stripes for me.

I've got two sportier cars at the moment.

First is a 1992 Corvette with a 6 speed (Dark Red Metallic). It's got Hooker headers, and custom exhaust from the headers back (no cats). She purrs loud and likes to get up and go.

My daily driver these days is a 2010 Camaro SS (Silver Ice Metallic with Black rally stripes) that I just purchased a few months ago. It's got the LS3 engine (manual tranny), and she's a fast one. It has the GM Performance cat back exhaust and Roto-fab CAI. I used to think my Corvette was pretty fast, but this Camaro has shown me the difference between quick and fast.

White Lion is ready to make the trek north to visit Lidio Iacobelli at Alternative Auto Performance to get him tuned up and release the ROAR that is in him.

5d383fc6e820a79e92761a37568df79b.jpg

I just heard from Lidio at Alternative Auto Performance. I can pick up White Lion tomorrow. He's all finished with the tune. He was really surprised at how much boost in HP/TQ ratings he was able to achieve with me only adding bolt ons. HP at the crank and at the wheels are totally 2 different things. It started from the factory at 415 HP at the crank and 335 HP at the wheels. White Lion is now 480 HP at the crank and 400 HP to the wheels. All this in a 4000 lbs. 4 door sedan! I can't wait to hear what the torque difference is. I'm going to take it to the track and do some runs. I can gain more power by adding a supercharger and a cam. Potentially, Lidio says, I can get it to 500hp at the wheels with adding those. Again... IN A 4 DOOR SEDAN!!! SO IMPRESSIVE.

what is your sports car?

I really like my 2004 VW R32. It's not the fastest thing in the world, but it's awd and handles well. I've never really been a big fan of exotics or the typical "dream car"...but if I had to pick one of them it'd have to be a Porsche 911 993 twin turbo. I always wanted one as a kid.

mine (it fits my clubs in the trunk just fine haha)
f09d72acadf5ece9ebc05e9095ab86b9.jpg

Last edited:
Why is it that the way most sports car are designed makes carrying a set of clubs let alone two an issue? Even with many good size sedans the trunks are either narrow or shallow or both and positioning clubs is a pain in the neck.

My criteria caused me lots of issues and reduced choice to almost nothing - a convertible, able to carry two people and two sets of golf clubs with the top down and a sports car and not touring/comfort convertible..... Only answer that I found was the MB SL550 and I can put two sets in the trunk with the hard top down (previous car for 12 yrs was Lexus convertible which worked ok with second set of clubs in the back seat). Most of my driving is to play golf (by mileage given where the various courses are outside of the city) and much of that is with a second person and second set of clubs. If I couldn't do that, wouldn't be worth buying the car.

A lot of people mentioned the 911 - would have loved to get that but where in the world do you put golf clubs? I would hate having to cover the rear seat area to protect the leather or cover the passenger seat for clubs there when I didn't have a second person in the car. For those who have a 911, what do you do with your clubs? I thought the new Jag convert would be cool but couldn't even hold one set of clubs unless you put them in the passenger seat.

Of course, not a "real" problem but just makes me go hmmm...... I guess being a golfer doesn't line up well with smaller sporty cars.

what is your sports car?

My SS fits 4 sets of clubs and 4 people. Just sayin...

I just realized my picture didn't show up in my earlier post. We got this back in March as my wife's daily driver and already have 13,700 miles on it. It's a blast to drive!

attachment.php

Back