what is your sports car?

Just a little 1989 BMW 325iC I built. Hot motor, matched trans, limited slip diff, road race suspension, manual big brakes, light wheels, and really sticky tires.

Untitled by Erik, on Flickr

Found out one of the guys we work with (basically my boss in another location) has a McClaren.... I think it's not the best investment in our climate but wow...

Until recently I had this, a Mercedes 190E. Originally a 1.8 automatic, I dropped a 2.6 6-pot and a manual box in it, and then started using it as a weekend only car when petrol hit £1.30 a litre...

So I bought this to use as a daily, 300D, 3 litre straight 6 diesel automatic. It was cheap, but with 258k miles it was pretty tired. Still really nice to smoke around in...

But now with a wedding to pay for and a caravan to pull I sold them both and bought this for £250, 8 months later it's needed nothing doing to it and it does 50mpg+ without even trying, but it's very, very boring. Peugeot 406 diesel...

Once the wedding is over and done with, I'm going back to an old Mercedes and buying my mates W124 300CE coupe, but that's a year away :(

Sweet E30, I've got a few co-workers who are really into them. Its got me in ponder mode for a someday project car if I dont want to put a bunch of money into and void the warranty on my Focus ST.

White Lion is hybernating for winter. See you in the spring big cat!

5ca612990c99247923074f6e59d66ab6.jpg

Found out one of the guys we work with (basically my boss in another location) has a McClaren.... I think it's not the best investment in our climate but wow...

that is one sweet ride! Too bad no pics of his car. pricey too.

Before the 5.0 I was driving a SWEET 2013 six speed Ford Focus ST that was all loaded out...looked JUST like this.

10-vw-gti-ford-focus-st-comparison.jpg

Here is my work ride. Yes, this is my "demo" for work. lol After 8 years, into my 9th, I'm finally getting a sweet ride for work! lol

2014 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 V8

Here's my "Garage Queen". I've owned this car for almost 10 years!

2000 Chevrolet Corvette hardtop in Nassau Blue Metallic. One of only 189 like it in the world (for year/color/model combo)!

Came across this old pic. This was my sleeper that I had back when I was active in autocrosses and HPDE events. I've tracked my 335 as well but it's been years.

autox.jpg

I suppose I should have posted this pic of White Lion before... Just out of pure awesomeness of the pic.

12303605f6123c227069331c97e0ce27.jpg

Man it's going to be a long winter!

Has anyone else stored their sports car for winter? If so, what precautions did you take?

Has anyone else stored their sports car for winter? If so, what precautions did you take?

I have a set of blizzak LM22's on my stock tires....but my 335 doesn't see any snow. It stays nice and warm in the garage while my g35x gets winter duty. That being said I really don't do anything special while it's in the garage from Dec-March. But my Inspection is due in January...so it gets started up and warmed to operating temp, oil change and any other maintenance is done than too. Other than that the only other thing I do is put a battery tender on it.

Awesome car! The wifey says I can buy one when I sell my 1972 Plymouth Duster drag car. Not happening.
I daily my sports car err hatch back. 2005 Vw GTi upgraded turbo making 300whp. Ill get some pics up soon. A lot of really nice cars in here guys.

only pic of the Duster the best part.

attachment.php

If I could afford one, I'd say the Lancia 037.

Last edited:
Before the 5.0 I was driving a SWEET 2013 six speed Ford Focus ST that was all loaded out...looked JUST like this.

10-vw-gti-ford-focus-st-comparison.jpg

Here is my work ride. Yes, this is my "demo" for work. lol After 8 years, into my 9th, I'm finally getting a sweet ride for work! lol

2014 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 V8

Here's my "Garage Queen". I've owned this car for almost 10 years!

2000 Chevrolet Corvette hardtop in Nassau Blue Metallic. One of only 189 like it in the world (for year/color/model combo)!
8d6e9f2f201f5e69bb5597d79e02b974.jpg

I really like my ST, its the loaded ST3 version as well. Someday I'll get into putting some aftermarket mods into it but will most likely wait for the factory warranty to run out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

A project I've had in the works for many years has begun...
Early 90's vintage, sold in the UK, US and Aus and has a terrible reputation...

Guess?

vF1GVzR.jpg

Kaw3nzU.jpg

But you just got to love those hips!

A project I've had in the works for many years has begun...
Early 90's vintage, sold in the UK, US and Aus and has a terrible reputation...

Guess?

vF1GVzR.jpg

Kaw3nzU.jpg

But you just got to love those hips!
Vauxhall Calibra? Or the Holden equivalent of it anyway? I had one, a green 2.0 16v auto with tan heated leather. Bought it for £100 as a temporary car while I looked for something to spend the insurance payout for my Golf VR6 on. Was a lot better than I'd been led to believe! I'll see if I can find some photos....

Edit:

Got it off a lass who'd fitted pink wipers and not cleaned it in 5 years, this is after a good clean that took all day, new wipers and after replacing a ball joint that sounded like it was about to pop out it was knocking so badly!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Coincidence! Was it the same green as mine? It's hard to tell with those grainy pics :snicker:

Anyway here is the inspiration for my build...

SzGqtdZ.png

It's not mine and this immaculate example lives somewhere in the UK.

Back