What one thing would you eliminate from golf

If you are prone to hit out of bounds it doesn’t matter what tees you play.

I think you’re missing the point.

In the trees + 140 yards away is going to take longer to play compared to in the trees and 70 yards away.

Those guys who shouldn’t be playing from the tips have a near zero percent chance of hitting the green from the first scenario. At least they have a shot of punching out onto a green if they’re closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any group that is not a foursome, yet feel entitled that they shouldn't be paired up with enough players to create a foursome.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

LOL! It's an obsession "trade-off". But really? Laser check from 60 yards?

I have a much better chance of hitting the yardage exactly in the 30-80 yard range compared to outside 150. I laser 60 yard shots all day long

I have a much better chance of hitting the yardage exactly in the 30-80 yard range compared to outside 150. I laser 60 yard shots all day long

So do I. Then I get mad I’m at a partial distance I don’t practice. Why couldn’t I leave myself at 77 or any full wedge distance?

Women only tees get re-rated and all tees and handicaps then become gender neutral. Without looking up the distance adjustments there is no easy way to play the wrong sex tees. Aside from the blatant sexism, I fail to see why different rating systems need to exist. It doesn’t exist in bowling where mixed leagues have been held.

At my home course they don’t even list it as men/women ratings. The reds are just rated higher, but we all know why. Technically, anyone who established their handicap from the reds would be giving up strokes from the whites since the ratings aren’t listed for genders.

I think the whole not grounding your club in the sand trap is a little stupid.

So do I. Then I get mad I’m at a partial distance I don’t practice. Why couldn’t I leave myself at 77 or any full wedge distance?

Women only tees get re-rated and all tees and handicaps then become gender neutral. Without looking up the distance adjustments there is no easy way to play the wrong sex tees. Aside from the blatant sexism, I fail to see why different rating systems need to exist. It doesn’t exist in bowling where mixed leagues have been held.

At my home course they don’t even list it as men/women ratings. The reds are just rated higher, but we all know why. Technically, anyone who established their handicap from the reds would be giving up strokes from the whites since the ratings aren’t listed for genders.

Thank you! You definitely stated it more eloquently/succinctly than I could! And I might add, gender and age neutral - let's ditch the seniors tees whie we're at it.

1. Stroke and distance penalty
2. If your ball lands in a divot after your tee shot, you should be able to "roll" the ball to just outside that divot
3. Allowing groups of 2 out in between 2 4somes - just gums up the course
4. Iron headcovers (kidding) :p

Snobbery and elitist behaviours at PUBLIC courses.

I love the lasers. They're extremely helpful on layups for me and then of course from the fairway. If I'm sitting at 50 yards, but visually it only looks like 30 to me, I have that laser to make sure there's no doubt in my mind. Doubt is a bad thing when standing over a shot.

Lasers make what was a time consuming process of walking off distances and considering where the pin was on the green, a few second process. Walking it off is a FAR more time consuming process. I did plenty of it as a caddie. Lasers came in and made the experience more enjoyable for the caddie and the player. And I believe it continues with the average player getting his own distances.

Laser finders...OMG that drives me INSANE! One guy lasered a 30 yard pitch shot...ARRRGGHHH. Like 99% laser 153.7 then hit it 138.3 into water. Stop with the lasers. Walk off the distance from the markers or from sprinkler heads to the center of the green. Every big step = 1 yard.

I mentioned this thread to my wife just now who played a +5 hour round today. She asked me a general question: "Why does golf have to be completed in 4.5 hours? What other recreational activity that really is about hanging out and having fun has a timer?"

I agree with all that you said about gender neutral. They actually had some professional bowling events in Europe where women got 4 or 5 pins a game. This was after the PWBA had folded before it came back so the women had nowhere to play ect and they were just trying to get more entries. Just thought I would throw that out there

I mentioned this thread to my wife just now who played a +5 hour round today. She asked me a general question: "Why does golf have to be completed in 4.5 hours? What other recreational activity that really is about hanging out and having fun has a timer?"

Bowling, tennis, ice skating all rent lanes by the hour ect.

Rounds over 4 hours...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Golfers without integrity and/or courtesy

Last edited:
Fivesome who won't let a threesome play through....and the marshal just drives RIGHT BY!

I agree with all that you said about gender neutral. They actually had some professional bowling events in Europe where women got 4 or 5 pins a game. This was after the PWBA had folded before it came back so the women had nowhere to play ect and they were just trying to get more entries. Just thought I would throw that out there

Learn something new everyday. That’s pretty cool. I didn’t know they did that on a professional level.

Golf carts! EVERYONE should walk!

I vote the opposite, eliminate walking, everyone should ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for me the difference is that everybody on the course behind you is forced to play at your pace, so it's a really selfish approach to take. If there's nobody behind you, then nobody cares what pace you play at.
By no means am I advocating for speed golf everywhere but I subscribe to the idea that no round of golf at a standard course should take more than 4h for a foursome. If it does then somebody in the group is d*ck*ng around far too often.

I think the one thing I'd like to eliminate is players lining up short putts.

I'd make it a rule that you can't mark and read any putt inside a flagstick unless it's your first putt. It sounds drastic but I just played two tournament rounds over the weekend at 5.5h and 6h, and I'm telling you that almost all of that is guys absolutely grinding over tap-in putts for minutes at a time.

Back