What part of your game is keeping you from reaching that next level?

My head keeps me from getting there. Golf is a mental game if your heads not in it then stay home.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Probably 1/3 of it is off the tee, and 2/3 of it chipping and putting.

It's a combination of the driver and being a head case. If the driver isn't on, i'm a wreck on the front nine. The worst part of it is, a poor tee shot will often carry over into my second shot, even if i have a good lie. I can usually save face from 100 yds in as chipping and putting are my strong suits.

When i finally get fed up with the driver (usually takes about 9 holes) I will pull out the 13* strong 3 and try and salvage my round.

Short Game and Mental.

I am a consistent putter, but find I am constantly leaving myself too long of a first putt.

Mentally - I have a hard time putting a mistake behind me. If I have a blow up hole, I just can't shake it.

I have the exact same miss that I fight, if I can keep it in check, my scores show improvement, when it rears it's ugly head, my game can go south quickly!
My kids golf coach says I don't stay back behind ball long enough, and that I am athletic enough to not slice... So I make a strong effort to slow tempo and stay back on tee shots

Short game/putting and sand play. Invariably I leave a few strokes on the table this way - last round it was pancaking a 3/4 wedge and taking two strokes to get out of a bunker. The bunker shot was tucked up against the lip due to a stupid rake, but I still need to at least get the freakin ball out. As far as putting, my scores kind of live or die by how good or bad it is. It's much too volatile - I'm improving, but I just need it to consistently happen. Did a good job of it last round, need to keep it up.

to me its the tee game, by far

Medium to long approach shots. If I could get those more accurate, I think my game would definitely move to the next level.

Start of the year was my game off the tee with any club. I worked this out (was mental thing).

Now my issue is inside 50 yards and on the green with putts over 20 feet. I'm the guy who gets on a par 5 in 2 shots and then 3 or 4 putts. I can't read the break and I can't lag putt and I can't chip with any "feel".

To fix this, I have been using different lofts of clubs for chipping so I have 3 swings per club that get me different shots. For putting I learned about the fall line, and I'm practicing lag putting to try and figure out what works.

Medium to long approach shots. If I could get those more accurate, I think my game would definitely move to the next level.

I read an article that says the elite players on the PGA are the players who have the best stat in this category. Even above short game stats. It used to be Tigers strength.

For me, its all about the irons. Short and long. If I can dial those in I will drop a good 6-8 strokes off my HCP.

Last season it was definitely the 150 yds and in shots that hurt my scores the most. Wasn't really missing by much, but enough that I was fighting for pars too often after being in good position after the tee shot. Bunkers and I have never really been that good of friends either ...

Consistency with my irons, sand game, and putting.....I will practice more this year to see how much it helps

Mine is distance. Longer irons on par 3s = harder to control. And I've only ever hit 1 par 5 in two shots in my life.

1) Having a semi-repeatable swing
2) Knowing what distance I can hit each iron

The short game is what I plan on working on the most, because that should bring the biggest payoff. Knowing what to hit from 120 yards & in.

From 50 yards in, all the way to the cup.

It make me sick to drive the green on a 245 yards par 4, and then 4 putt.:at-wits-end: :bicker: :banghead: .

At home we can practice driver, fairway woods, irons, but no putting.

I can read the break of the green. Judging speed and distance blow my mind.

The green was fast when I chipped up on it, now, my putt sticks like velcro.

Maybe it is the dead greens. There are bare sand spots and brocolli sprouting in some areas.< (they play like plywood )

No matter it sucks , and I suck at putting.

I am looking at putting in an astro-turf outdoor green.

Jackal

Tee shots is my weakness. If I am getting off the tee well then I will be in the 70s. If not then mid 80s. Penalty strokes are a killer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This past weekend excluded, partial wedge shots. I'm having trouble lately judging where I am in the swing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From 50 yards in. I know I'll be on or around most greens in regulation (save the occasional pull hook and subsequent chip out from the trees). I need to improve my short pitches and chips to give myself a chance at par or easy bogey when I miss the green in regulation.

My game is like whack-a-mole. Every time I have a problem licked, something else pops up. Last season, I conquered my slice of the tee and was booming drives straight down the middle, oft times with a slight draw. As soon as I had that, though, I started slicing my long irons. I've never sliced long irons before. Got that under control and suddenly my fore swing is FUBARd. Try to fix that and then I start skulling shots. I long for the days when it was just my slice off the tee...at least then I could just aim REALLY far left. Now I never know what's going to rear it's ugly head.

Personally I think everyone here should write down short game. Unless you're the guy with less then 27 puts per round and a driver that constantly puts you OB. ;)

Short game for me, to be more specific: bunkers. I'm just terrible in bunkers the last weeks. If it wasn't those it's the 20-30m pitches and putting :)

I will list 3...I could list more

1. Green side bunkers
2. Half Swing wedges
3. Driver accuracy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Putting and chipping/pitching around the green. If I can leave my pitches and chips in a better position to 1 putt, my handicap will plummet.

Off the tee (slice still pops up from time to time) and 50 yards in. I'm somewhat OK putting, but it's chipping/pitching the ball onto a good spot on the green that adds far too many strokes for me.

Back