What service do you use to watch your live sports?

I am a cable guy with ESPN+. Too many streaming options right now that cost too much. Some allow you to watch local programming and others do not. If that is a priority for you, make sure you check that part out (I was talking to an older colleague who was amazed how many people don't watch or read local news anymore and don't seem to care what's going on in their community).

I know there is an announced agreement between Fox, Disney/ESPN, and Discovery to offer a combined and bundled streaming service in the very near future. I have colleagues with YouTube TV that like it.

I know there is an announced agreement between Fox, Disney/ESPN, and Discovery to offer a combined and bundled streaming service in the very near future. I have colleagues with YouTube TV that like it.
Announced yesterday yes. I saw an interview with Disney ceo discussing it. He did not have much to add saying it was very early in the process

If it's not on cable channels or free streaming (app/website/YouTube), I don't watch it.

If you can try it hardwired Ethernet it sure makes a difference in speed.
Yeah honestly I've already decided I am going to after reading your post earlier. The router is in the same room as the roku and tv so should be simple. I have 1G fiber service and the up and down speeds are excellent on the wifi as well

For Sports its antenna only. I use a couple streaming services for movies and series but draw the line at sports. Luckily I get a strong signal at my house. Full HD and Dolby digital audio is hard to beat for free.

Just the free ones. ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, and NBC. I don't like paying to watch commercials too.

I can also watch sports reruns on a smart tv hooked up to the internet. The TV came with the Pluto channel that shows the NFL, PGAT and MLB. Also has You Tube to watch other sports.

With around 300+/- channels for $50 bucks a month, there's always something to watch.

A $75 rooftop antenna will get you a shockingly large amount of channels including all the networks in most places. I got a place over 100 miles from the nearest major city and it works great, even get the CW all for $0 a month. Throw in Pluto or FreeTV which also costs $0 and outside of sports you're probably good to go.

Sports is another matter. I pay for Hulu, YT and Prime only so if it's not on those or the networks I'm simply not watching and no way I'm getting yet another sub. But that's not for everyone. Probably need to pony up for all the expensive one-off sports networks if you really need to watch a lot of that.

As nearly all my sport is UK based, I use a slightly murky service.

Lots of YouTube TV above, but they dont offer RSNs and dont have plans to, so if you need those for sports watching, out of luck other than Bally Sports + currently.

We use Directv Stream for that reason and then ESPN+ for NHL coverage.

I'm not even sure what my channels are now. We moved and only good option was Spectrum. Have a bunch of streaming options too thru Roku. Rare I watch live other than golf and a rare football game.

YouTube TV
ESPN+ for early golf mostly, but it's part of our Disney+ bundle otherwise I probably wouldn't have it
Peacock and Amazon on occasion
Bally (we use my parents cable log in so it's free) but that should be ending soon as they appear to be going to Amazon

Lots of YouTube TV above, but they dont offer RSNs and dont have plans to, so if you need those for sports watching, out of luck other than Bally Sports + currently.

We use Directv Stream for that reason and then ESPN+ for NHL coverage.
Haven't even considered direct tv stream as I wasn't even aware of it. Seems the most promising tbh

Yeah honestly I've already decided I am going to after reading your post earlier. The router is in the same room as the roku and tv so should be simple. I have 1G fiber service and the up and down speeds are excellent on the wifi as well

Oh; And the higher your router is the better the wifi reception in the rest of the home will be. Good luck.

Haven't even considered direct tv stream as I wasn't even aware of it. Seems the most promising tbh
If you want RSNs, you either need that or Fubo. We tried YTTV and then Hulu Live. We preferred Hulu Live for the on demand and the ESPN+ built in so we didnt need to change apps.

But with Directv Stream, we get the RSNs and havent looked back. With Diamond Sports in financial trouble, it may move to Amazon Prime, but until then, we stick with the one that offers the channels.

If you want RSNs, you either need that or Fubo. We tried YTTV and then Hulu Live. We preferred Hulu Live for the on demand and the ESPN+ built in so we didnt need to change apps.

But with Directv Stream, we get the RSNs and havent looked back. With Diamond Sports in financial trouble, it may move to Amazon Prime, but until then, we stick with the one that offers the channels.
Yeah I just went through the rsn list and yes and nesn are on there which are the only two I really care about. Verified I can stream it through my roku device also. I think this just jumped to the front. A bit more expensive than the others but it seems to be the closest to having cable without the $150+/mo price tag

Yeah I just went through the rsn list and yes and nesn are on there which are the only two I really care about. Verified I can stream it through my roku device also. I think this just jumped to the front. A bit more expensive than the others but it seems to be the closest to having cable without the $150+/mo price tag

And one day, I bet ya, these streaming companies and the add on apps like Netflix which upped their rate in 2023, HBO MAX ( $15.99) along with getting your internet charge upped by the cents every now and then, soon will cost as much as the cable TV program we all cut the cable from.. Crazy ;)

And one day, I bet ya, these streaming companies and the add on apps like Netflix which upped their rate in 2023, HBO MAX ( $15.99) along with getting your internet charge upped by the cents every now and then, soon will cost as much as the cable TV program we all cut the cable from.. Crazy ;)
Absolutely

YouTube TV. It has more than enough sports.

ESPN +, Peacock, Paramount.

It's starting to add up.

image.jpg

Dusty bunny ears 😂

Back