What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would like Tampa then Gasman. Tons of great Cuban places.

Im jealous, there is only a handful of Cuban restaurants around here, and they are not all that great. On the other hand, we do have a lot of great mexican and Argentinean restaurants.

first date tonight with a special lady, heading up to the north end for some quality Italian

first date tonight with a special lady, heading up to the north end for some quality Italian

Ahhhhh, Beantown's North End. Which spot, DD?

I'm having homemade chili and cornbread. Cold up north!

Steak and Baked Potato.

Ahhhhh, Beantown's North End. Which spot, DD?

I'm having homemade chili and cornbread. Cold up north!

Never mind dinner. We want to hear about what happened afterward. :love:

I'm doing a roast tonight, with mirepoix, finished with a whiskey-cream sauce. I'll oven roast some potatoes along with, and worry about the vegetables at the line of scrimmage.

Thinking of which, I need to go get that started.

I'm doing a roast tonight, with mirepoix

I have a question for you Claire. Im kind of worried that my Turkey for Thursday might not fit in my rack for my roaster. Do you think if It doesnt, a miripoix in the pan could hold up the weight of a turkey once they start to get soggy?

I have a question for you Claire. Im kind of worried that my Turkey for Thursday might not fit in my rack for my roaster. Do you think if It doesnt, a miripoix in the pan could hold up the weight of a turkey once they start to get soggy?

No clue, but that would take a LOT of mirepoix!

No clue, but that would take a LOT of mirepoix!

Well i wouldnt give them a fine dice or anything, just rough cut it,plus im only getting a 15 pound bird.

You're too classy for this forum, lol...

Unless the quality Italian he was talking about is the girl and he's taking her to McDonald's!
chickendance.gif

In which case, he's as slimy as the rest of us!

We went to Cantina Italiana, I had a wonderful Pollo Saltamboca and afterwards a coffee and canoli at Mikes Pastry... went pretty well

We went to Cantina Italiana, I had a wonderful Pollo Saltamboca and afterwards a coffee and canoli at Mikes Pastry... went pretty well

Haven't been to Cantina Italiana, but might have to the next time I'm heading to the North End.

You can't go wrong with Mike's canoli, however.

Haven't been to Cantina Italiana, but might have to the next time I'm heading to the North End.

You can't go wrong with Mike's canoli, however.

The canoli was more for her... I'm not much of a dessert guy myself. It turned out well but the North End is never a cheap date. I was nervous she would think it would be a little to much for a first date but she seemed pleasantly surprised by my choice.

:clapp:

The canoli was more for her... I'm not much of a dessert guy myself. It turned out well but the North End is never a cheap date. I was nervous she would think it would be a little to much for a first date but she seemed pleasantly surprised by my choice.

Trying new places in Boston is my favorite hobby. We try to go someplace new every time we're in the city, but these places keep drawing us back:

Sibling Rivalry
28 Degrees
Hammersley's Bistro
East Coast Grill (Cambridge)
Vox Populi
Mike's Diner (best breakfast in the city, bar none)

I don't think you can ever do "too much" for a first date (unless it was maybe a limo or 36 red roses or something) ... unless you talk about how broke you are/gasp/cry when the bill comes.

I didnt mean to much in terms of dollars, more the romantic factor. Anyways, it went well.. she won't stop texting me! (it's annoying haha) but it's better than her calling me because I don't do phone calls

the food was delicious though!

Anyways, it went well.. she won't stop texting me! (it's annoying haha) but it's better than her calling me

Sounds like wife material to me, DD!

I didnt mean to much in terms of dollars, more the romantic factor. Anyways, it went well.. she won't stop texting me! (it's annoying haha) but it's better than her calling me because I don't do phone calls

the food was delicious though!

So I guess that answer my question about the after dinner part of the date. :kissing:

Sushi tonight.

McLobster!

men's dating rule #37:

-wait at least 3 days before you return her text message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back