What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the general consensus on the TW line of shoes? Are there certain year releases to stay away from (keep hearing about them tearing into people's feet).

Curiously, I keep seeing them for cheap prices, wondering if the ones I see are sale are the ones to stay away from.

The 2 pairs of Biofusion Mesh that I have are my favorite golf shoes. To be honest, I don't have a problem with them on the course, even in slightly damp conditions. They are a great shoe for practice because they are very breathable and can be worn off-course as well. I practice at a mats-only range so spikeless is much better for me there, and those shoes are great for that. I think you'd be very happy with them, and the prices that I've seen out there now for those shoes make them a steal.

I looked a pair at Golf Galaxy and I was fairly impressed with the "spike" pattern on the bottom. I liked it much more than FAAS line, which I remember a lot of people struggling with slippage at MC '13. I think I can come across a deal I like, I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair.

I looked a pair at Golf Galaxy and I was fairly impressed with the "spike" pattern on the bottom. I liked it much more than FAAS line, which I remember a lot of people struggling with slippage at MC '13. I think I can come across a deal I like, I'm going to pull the trigger on a pair.

The original Faas Lite mesh wasn't great. The 2.0 version of that shoe is much better. That shoe is my "range" shoe (also use it for simulator practice in the winter), and the Biofusion Mesh are my go to shoes for on-course. I just played 5 rounds in Florida and Texas last week all in the Biofusion Mesh, only had my feet get slightly damp on a very wet course in Texas.

I do like these.

LUNAR-CONTROL-3-704665_003_A_PREM.jpg

Have you tried them on? If not, make sure you do.

Pondering a white pair spiked shoes that are light and comfy.

I have last year's Lunar Controls. I thought they were heavenly.

Last year's are heavenly. After trying on the new ones, I bought two more pair of the old ones.

I have last year's Lunar Controls. I thought they were heavenly.

I couldn't stand the new version. I can buy Nike shoes all day until it comes to golf and then they all fit like crap.

I have 4 pairs of Nike running shoes that I love and all fit the exact same. I just want them to copy the free's that are on my feet right now and add spikes of some kind.

To say the TW line is built off the free platform (at least I thought they marketed them this way) is a total exaggeration IMO. They fit and feel nothing alike.

Pondering a white pair spiked shoes that are light and comfy.

the puma titantour lite are super light and comfy and they are only $99. i tried a pair on over the weekend and they are on my ponder list.

edit: see my pic in above post.

Just picked up these two Bobby Jones polos

BJK_23041_507_B-1150-14978.jpg
and this one
BJK_23010_100_A-1150-15030.jpg

Pondering some Lunar Control 3s or Lunar Commands. Or even last years Lunar Controls. Need me some new black shoes, and like a little gray and white in there, maybe even some volt.

Pondering some Lunar Control 3s or Lunar Commands. Or even last years Lunar Controls. Need me some new black shoes, and like a little gray and white in there, maybe even some volt.

I don't think its any secret how I feel about the '13-'14 Lunar Control IIs, as much as I'd like no one else to buy them and the prices plummet so I could buy them all for next to nothing to hoard, I know that's not going to happen. After trying on the Lunar Control 3s, Lunar Commands and FJ Hyperflexes, I'm convinced the LCII is still the most comfortable shoe out there for me. If you haven't tried on a LCII, just imagine a bunch of angels gently hugging your feet, and that's almost as comfortable as these shoes actually are. The new Lunar Controls seem like the foot was an afterthought to me. Its as iff the upper was just a couple pieces of fabric cobbled together to barely ensure your foot doesn't lift away from the sole completly. While they may claim the base is more stable, your foot on top of the base, isn't.

Pondering this...

nike-639707-494_f2_1.jpg

Or this...

NIKE-VICTORY-BLOCK-POLO-639705_011_A.jpg

Have the bottom one. It runs a bit snug in arm pit area, so order size accordingly.

Have the bottom one. It runs a bit snug in arm pit area, so order size accordingly.

Thanks JB. I've noticed that of the few Nike shirts I have most feel that way. Not something that will completely turn me off to them, but definitely a different fit than I'm used to.

Pink Jimmy!

I need a new belt but can't find one I like. Would prefer reversible, black and white, liking the new adidas style cut to fit, but they're blk/grey or white/grey

I keep going back to these ..
1369443817.jpg

Started pondering some TW15's... Only wish I could get them in white.

I picked up two Adidas Climalite polos, one white and the other light blue. Not super exciting but they were 50% off and they will they will work equally well on the course and in the office, which is a big factor for me.

Last edited:
Holy Cow Bobby rocks, picked up these two shirts on the 17th and paid the ground shipping and they were delivered today, also got a cool Bobby Jones Hat too, with code Birthday. Great CS.

b6278bc1b642f64bb294f4265f5619ac.jpg

Using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back