What's the most you'd spend on a ball marker?

Maybe $15. It's just a metal coin. I've seen a few Cameron ball markers from Japsn that looked really cool but they're not worth $100+ to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Probably $40. It was a US Open Divot/Ball Marker Combo. However once my Challenge coins arrive I'm sorry but it will be taking a back seat.

About $14.95 each x 3 apparently.

I love using the original THP coin since I got it, so now I ordered the other 2.

Most I have spent is on the Pitchfork for $12, including a spare ball marker. I bought a poker chip ball marker at the pro shop in Kauai last summer, since it was unique, and $4. Otherwise, pennies or dimes are great, and don't distract others.

I pick one up from every new course I get to play and splurge a bit on some nicer ones, but $15 is about it. Those are usually the ones with a larger coin and marker insert.

I use a 5 peso piece as a ball marker.

I have a quarter from the year I was born as well.

I have a magnetic one that occasionally I will stick on my hat.

Folks have given me some over the years, they wind up in a pocket of my bag, where they live until I get around to cleaning it occasionally and I try to remember where the heck I got it from. :D

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure - Mark Twain

It just depends on how cool it looks and how rare it is, but no way I'd go to $165, unless it got me in to Augusta's secret club or something. I think the most I paid for one was $30 at this point.

$15 or $20 if it's something special. other than that, no way. I'd lose it in a heart beat.

I'm too forgetful to spend more than a couple bucks,I'd lose it too fast anyway

The $14.95 less the Albatross discount I spent for each of the 3 THP ball markers I have purchased in the past month.

I've spent the grand total of $0.00 on ball markers in my 20+ years of playing. I use a coin, whatever I have in my pocket on the day.

I've never paid for a ball marker. the one i use the most is a callaway divot repair tool with a magnetic coin, and i got it as a gift 3 or 4 years ago.

Never bought one and wouldn't spend over $10 and it better be pretty damn cool to go that high.

Glad it's not just me then, I saw that SC one and was "whoa, wt.....??"

As of today, $50 something with shipping, seeing as how I bought the 3 challenge coins and the chip. But hey... it's THP so I can be forgiven.

Actually I have a collection of markers that relatives and friends have given me... from a dime, quarter and silver dollar from my birth year; a 2 peso coin and a 2 Euro coin from Greece. Aside from the THP coins, I bought a USMC combination switchblade divot tool/ball marker for $14.

I am looking to pick up a shilling, maybe a pound sterling, and some German coins that my grand daughter is sending over. I always have a pocket full of PGA Tour coins that I give to those in my golfing group when I play.

I paid $13 for a divot repair tool with marker

I'm in the minority, I'd probably buy it if I still had a serious Scotty fetish going. I managed to kick the habit but Scotty addiction can rear it's ugly head at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For that much money I wouldn't use it as a ball marker. I would spend that much for a collectors item though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ready to pay 4 dollars for a marker, if the markers at a club are like 5 to 10 dollars, I usually don't buy one, unless there's something really special about the marker and the course. I try to buy a marker at every foreign club I visit.

I play with a half dollar that I won when I Vegas a few years back. It was part of a payout where I picked up 4 aces playing blackjack and split resulting in 3 blackjacks and a 20 from the one hand... I guess you could say it cost me a bit... But it has to be lucky.

Last edited:
A few doll hairs.

2 Euro cents.

That's what I usually use as a ball marker anyway. It's magnetic.

technically the most I've spent on a ball marker is $30 for the albatross club coin, but other than that the most I've spent on one is $0, the most I would spend on one alone is probably $5 if I find a really cool one..

I think I spent $15 for a Bandon Dunes repair tool / ball marker.

Back