What's your low rent guilty pleasures

Creamed chipped beef, a staple of my father’s Army days he made for us kids occasionally.

Also known as SOS (sh!t on a shingle)

Grilled cheese (by cheese, I mean Kraft singles) on white bread

Forgot to add my other go-to: cabbage and smoked sausage. I cut up a head of cabbage into 2x2 inch pieces, give or take. Slice a hillshire farm kielbasa or beef sausage. Put it in an aluminum baking pan with butter, salt, and pepper. Cover it with foil and cook for an hour to hour and a half, stirring every 20 minutes or so, until the cabbage is tender. Costs like 5 bucks and I get multiple lunches out of a single pan.

Kraft Mac cheese, pork and beans, cut up hotdogs all together.

Tuna Helper - Tetrazzini

Ramen noodles - chicken flavor

Mini Ravioli

Campbell's tomato soup and sandwich
rice pudding
potato cakes

When i was in college the first time. Very VERY limited budget. Meal plan Mon-Fri (lunch). I would get the cheap as hell i mean 3 for a buck frozen pot pies and blatz beer or schaeffer light. The 2 cheapest beers ever.

If i had been smart there were 2 close in restaurants one did 25 cent tacos B and the other 25 slices of plain pizza. Should have bought that stuff and froze it.

Hot dogs - boiled
Saturday night Kielbasa and beans.

This thread is making me hungry.

Chicken nuggets are an easy go to. I may change up the hot sauce, but I love them.

Kraft Mac and Cheese, cut up hot dogs required.
Also, SOS, but haven't done it forever.
Yes this is mine as well. We have a place here in ohio called winesburg meats their hotdogs with Mac and cheese equals amazing!

Watties spaghetti on toast or baked beans on toast, flitting in London we'd do baked beans and jazz it up with cut up hot dogs and Thai chilies

pork n beans and hot dogs
kraft mac n cheese with a little bit of hormel chili
hamburger helper - beef stroganoff preferably.

One that my dad always made that was a favorite....stewed venison served over toast.

Growing up, there was a time when we couldn't afford deli meat or even peanut putter. So, I ate lots of lettuce sandwiches for lunch, or just mayonnaise sandwiches, when we had lunch, that is.

It's not a favorite or anything, but I will eat a lettuce sandwich from time to time as a way to keep myself grounded, of sorts.

As for cheap favorites, Chef Boyardee ravioli is something that I'll still actually enjoy once a year, or so. It's trash, but I always liked it.

Is it bad I'm just reading this thread like I may as well be reading my grocery list?

Gas station hot sausages

Don't judge

Peanut butter on saltines... Wash it down with a glass of Kool aid (purple)

Vienna sausages + saltines.

Gas station hot sausages

Don't judge
Those gas station buffalo chicken things on the hot dog rolller ain’t bad either.

Same. Like just about everything in these posts.
After work I change out off my Peter Millar polo in case I spill my ABCs & 123s.

1710809533982.png

Forgot to add my other go-to: cabbage and smoked sausage. I cut up a head of cabbage into 2x2 inch pieces, give or take. Slice a hillshire farm kielbasa or beef sausage. Put it in an aluminum baking pan with butter, salt, and pepper. Cover it with foil and cook for an hour to hour and a half, stirring every 20 minutes or so, until the cabbage is tender. Costs like 5 bucks and I get multiple lunches out of a single pan.
I did this a bunch.

Pasta with cauliflower. Weren’t always able to have enough beef for meatballs or meat sauce during the week because we saved it for Sunday dinner so during the week it was pasta with some oil, butter and cauliflower. I miss it honestly

Another, Totinos party pizzas.

Publix will put them on sale for 10 for $10. Cant beat it.

Back