When Was Your Last Lesson?

About three years ago when I wanted to see what he thought of my swing overall with my strengths and weaknesses

Exactly 2 weeks ago. First in a long time. 5 more to go, I think. I'm already hitting it better.

I've never had one, but that should probably change...

I had one last week and we worked on eliminating the OTT move and some wedge play.

2009. Broke my swing down so much it took a year to recover.

Beginning of this past summer.

Simple answer, never.

My last one was in the summer of 2015. I need to get in for some more, as my game has not progressed at all.

I did go to a golf camp at the University of Alabama 37 years ago. That is about the extent of lessons for me unfortunately.

Little over a year ago.

This really shocks me given how much game you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have thought about it often especially the last few years, but I have always been scared to do it. If I found the right guy I'm sure it would be fine, but I have heard so many stories of swings being jacked up for a year or 2 and honestly I'm not actively looking. On the plus side I do get some satisfaction of doing it myself, but maybe a lesson or 2 could help push me to the next level?

Gosh, I look at some of your HDCP's and when you took lessons last and it amazes me.

Guess golf just comes natural to some or some are born to play where others are destined to struggle.

I can't tell how much I have spent on lessons and have no where the HDCP of some.
Just makes me shake my head - God Bless to those who pick up this game easily.

Last edited:
Probably 2-3 weeks before the Legacy event. It was an 'awkward lie' short game lesson. Severe downslopes and upslopes, ball below feet, above feet, or any combination of them. It was definitely worth it, and I still practice those shots.

~Rock

Sunday, was a playing lesson, but was actually swinging well enough he just helped me with the mental game and not my actual swings, 44/40... 1 double and 1 triple on the front which was due to poor course management and me thinking I could do something I couldn't and getting very unlucky afterwards.

End of November

Was a putting lesson but unfortunately I haven't hit a ball since due to my back issues less than a week after it

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Probably 1985. Not that I feel I am above getting a lesson from a pro, but every time I struggle, I am ready to set up some lessons. This happens at least once a year, but ultimately I play my way trough it and I start hitting the ball well again. Last year I reached out to a couple of local pros because I had a really bad stretch, but I just played the waiting game because I knew I would work through it and I did. It just took a little longer than usual. With all that said, I am really considering taking some putting lessons because my putting just flat out sucks!!!!!

Finished a series of six lessons in September. I recently got on a monitor for the first time since then and I've added 3-4 mph of club head speed. I wasn't trying to add distance but it appears my new move is more efficient! Lessons are worth it!

Spring 2014 in the buildup to the Morgan Cup. I like taking lessons, but can't swallow the expense for the amount and interest I put into playing.

I've had 1 lesson over the years. It was early last year after struggling to figure out what was causing me to hit low hooks every shot. I had been fighting this issue for a couple years and had finally had enough. I still hit the ball terrible after the lesson. But after seeing the video he took of me swinging a driver, I was able to figure it out on my own.

End of January, since it was all expenses paid trip to Vegas as well. Actually very productive, some very effective swing thoughts.

Never had a lesson in my life

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Ive never had a lesson. I probably should. Im just afraid of a total swing breakdown and theres no way i have the extra time to commit to hours of practicing each week

About 2 months ago I guess...I took 5 lessons this year and those were the first I've ever taken.

Back