Where Do You Purchase?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Quick question to THPers. Where do you purchase your clubs and balls?
Direct from company? Local store (even if its big box)? Or from online retailer?

Usually big club purchases are trade in's directly with the company.

Balls are usually grabbed in stores.

I have to say most of my purchases are with the local pro shop because of credit that must be spent there. If not there, then wherever I get the best deal.

Balls are usually in store if I need a quick dozen, or I'll hit up Srixon's BOGO during Father's Day to stock up for a few months.

Clubs are usually online from a third party (Budget, Global, CPO) or from the secondary market (eBay, THP, FB, etc.).

Clubs come from the fitter, which is an independent fitter (not a chain store). Balls typically come from either Dicks or Budget Golf. Just depends who is running a deal at the time. That and sales tax matters, which usually gives Budget Golf the upper hand. But sometimes my wife wants those points at Dicks.

~Rock

My last sets of irons are courtesy of THP experiences as are 2 putters. The last 2 drivers and a putter that I bought came from fitters.

Others things I've bought have been at golfballs.com, Budget, CPG golf, Amazon, and eBay,

The balls I buy at Dick's
The clubs lately have been purchased from the companies.

Direct from company? Local store (even if its big box)? Or from online retailer?
All of the above, and classified section on this site, Craig's list, that auction site;). But now I'm trying to remember our sponsors and check them as well.

Clubs - all of the above. Direct, direct with trade, buy or order through local and non-local stores, and will buy online as well.

Balls - Mostly local at store or course. Online if I remember, am sticking with something and want more than a few of them, or want them customized. I suppose I have ordered from the company though. Bought some Vice balls end of last year for a thing.

Online, market place here, and local big box retailers. Balls are mostly big box retail stores and clubs are mostly used. It’s hard in Eastern NC to find a good place to get fit other than Dick’s.

Clubs from the fitter or Callaway preowned if I just want to test something. Balls are a mix of retailer and online.

I have been buying me gear from my course because of shop credit recently.

I did buy my last 2 golf bags from Budget Golf.

Local golf specialty shops, helps to have it in hand to see and feel before I buy. Plus the customer service is usually better.

Online retailer typically

I am a mix of all of those options. I have had clubs form pro shops and from being fit. Golf balls are usually a golf store or dicks but we have bought online.

Clubs were purchased through my fitter, balls and bag from Golf Galaxy

Direct from OEM on clubs and online retailers for supplies. I only go in a golf store 3-4 times a year usually for grips.

Iron sets Srixon site
Drivers and fairway woods/hybrids Carl's
Balls Titleist site
Clothes and other gear..Dunning..Linksoul
whiskey glasses and headcovers (in that order) Bandon online golf shop..

Irons and fairways thru CPO, just got a Cobra XB from Budget Golf, have a Ping G425 4 hybrid on order thru pro shop, balls everywhere. I’m all over the place.

Clubs -- PGASS, TGW, direct from company
Balls/Bags/Shoes -- All the above plus Dick's and Golf Galaxy

Clubs -> first choice is direct from the manufacturer. 2nd is from Box Store.
Golf balls vary, but more from Box Store than not.

I have a healthy mix of OEM’s and retailers/fitters.

Club purchases are typically through the OEM, because they're usually offering trade in bonuses

Balls usually depend on if I have reward dollars or who has the better deal running at the moment.

Clubs are directly from the OEM. Balls are all over the place. Pro shop, directly from the company, online at Budget Golf or anywhere that has a sale on them

Back