Where would you go?? Cast your vote!

Nate<80

Team Hackers, Morgan Cup 2022
Reaction score
Handicap
11.3 Grint
THP Fam,

I need some help.

I am planning a golf trip for late summer or early fall this year. I have started to narrow down the courses and below is what I have. Please let me know your vote and other thoughts/suggestions based off of your experiences or what you have heard from others. Where would you go? I want to continue knocking top 50 public courses in the US off my list! Thanks in advance for your help!

1) Arcadia Bluffs: Arcadia, MI
2) The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island: Kiawah Island, SC
3) Pinehurst #2: Pinehurst, NC
4) Bethpage Black: Farmingdale, NY
5) Erin Hills: Hartford, WI
6) Harbour Town Golf Links: Hilton Head, SC
7) The Greenbrier (Old White TPC): White Sulfur Springs, WV
8) Wolf Creek: Mesquite, NV

I’d go with Pinehurst

The Greenbriar because it’s a place I want to go to someday

I have been to Pinehurst and love it. 2,4 and 8 are amazing

It appears that #2 is the highest rated. I feel like a trip there would be well worth it because of the NINE courses they have to offer :eek:

I have only played Kiawah and I absolutely loved it so that would be my pick. I haven't played Pinehurst, but I have been there. Of the two Kiawah would get the nod.

I have only played Kiawah and I absolutely loved it so that would be my pick. I haven't played Pinehurst, but I have been there. Of the two Kiawah would get the nod.

Kiawah looks gorgeous and unlike any other, but the price tag is the tough one there. It is looking like $450 per round which is a bit steep. But, the neighboring courses are $250 so that makes it a little bit easier.

Can't speak for the first 7, but #8 Wolf Creek will test your golf talents. I play there 3-4 times a year. The place has a few tough holes, and blind tee shots.

Some of the tee boxes are a couple hundred feet above the fairways/greens.

If you play Wolf Creek, stay an extra day and play the Casablanca course. For my money it's a better golf value than Wolf Creek.

Kiawah and Harbor Town. @ awesome courses off the list in one trip.

That's a great point. Would be nice to get the 2 for 1 special and knock a couple off the list. :unsure:

Out of those, Arcadia Bluffs.

Can't speak for the first 7, but #8 Wolf Creek will test your golf talents. I play there 3-4 times a year. The place has a few tough holes, and blind tee shots.

Some of the tee boxes are a couple hundred feet above the fairways/greens.

If you play Wolf Creek, stay an extra day and play the Casablanca course. For my money it's a better golf value than Wolf Creek.

Thanks for the advice! Wolf Creek looks like an unbelievable challenge. The mountains throughout are epic. If I wanted to play three courses what would you recommend I throw in with Wolf Creek and Casablanca?

Kiawah looks gorgeous and unlike any other, but the price tag is the tough one there. It is looking like $450 per round which is a bit steep. But, the neighboring courses are $250 so that makes it a little bit easier.

Yeah, it does have a pretty high price tag to play the Ocean course. Some of those views are absolutely amazing though.

Out of those, Arcadia Bluffs.

I was up in Traverse City a couple years ago and played The Bear at Grand Traverse Resort which was awesome. All the while never realizing Arcadia Bluffs even existed! It's only 6.5 hours from where I live in Ohio so can definitely be a nice long weekend getaway.

Yeah, it does have a pretty high price tag to play the Ocean course. Some of those views are absolutely amazing though.

No price tag on those views, right?? :unsure:

Golf trip implies more than one. I'd go to Pinehurst play 2,4,8 and maybe Tobacco Road and Mid Pines also.

Golf trip implies more than one. I'd go to Pinehurst play 2,4,8 and maybe Tobacco Road and Mid Pines also.

Definitely more than one. The way I see it, I would play the course from my list and then find other top public courses in the area as well. Never heard of Tobacco Road or Mid Pines, will have to check those out. Thanks!

1 or 7 and I haven't been to either. Those and the courses in Oregon are on my list, though

I would wait on Erin Hills so you can double team that with Whistling Straits and Black Wolf Run. They are only 1:15 apart.

I have always wanted to play the Pinehurst Courses.

Last edited:
1 or 7 and I haven't been to either. Those and the courses in Oregon are on my list, though

There are a few courses on the Top 50 that are in Bandon, Oregon. A trip out there is a must 🙌

Great list.

I’ve played two on there - I’d go Pinehurst over Wolf Creek

Planning on doing Bethpage with a buddy this summer

Might not be a popular choice but of the rest on your list I’m most intrigued by Arcadia Bluffs

I would wait on Erin Hills so you can double team that with Whistling Straits and Black Wolf Run. They are only 1:15 part.

I have always wanted to play the Pinehurst Courses.

That's a good idea. Will add that to my notes! Thanks. 👊

Thanks for the advice! Wolf Creek looks like an unbelievable challenge. The mountains throughout are epic. If I wanted to play three courses what would you recommend I throw in with Wolf Creek and Casablanca?
Just in the Mesquite area, the Conestoga Course is pretty decent, or, it was last time I played there.

For a more wide open course, The Palms , might be a decent choice. Nothing real special, or hard about it. A few forced carries, and some doglegs will get your attention.

That whole area is full of quality courses. Take your pick for a third one.

It's also full of quite a few cantankerous retirees.

Great list.

I’ve played two on there - I’d go Pinehurst over Wolf Creek

Planning on doing Bethpage with a buddy this summer

Might not be a popular choice but of the rest on your list I’m most intrigued by Arcadia Bluffs

Thanks 🤙

I am veryyy intrigued by Arcadia....

Arcadia_717-705_cc3dad06d091eca92dfb3f1beae22752.jpg

Back