Got this one. Hickerad you need to help me step up my straight whiskey/whisky/bourbon game.

a3706d5a60e0e83570e59cd1f666255c.jpg

Got this one. Hickerad you need to help me step up my straight whiskey/whisky/bourbon game.

Oooo that is a good one too. I like some scotch but bourbon is where it's at. A good starting point I think would be Woodford.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

dangerous game. some bottles are stupid expensive. I tried the scotch thing for awhile and could appreciate it, but I come back to bourbon and rye as my favorite brown liquors. no water, just a few cubes or one of those bigger spherical cubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still not completely sold on drinking liquor straight haha, but after a couple days of trying both bourbon and scotch, I think I enjoy bourbon more.

Still not completely sold on drinking liquor straight haha, but after a couple days of trying both bourbon and scotch, I think I enjoy bourbon more.
Was the macallan the only scotch you tried?

I can't mix liquor I only drink it neat. I love scotch but the prices can get insane. I could recommend some Irish whiskies you might like that are more similar to bourbon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Can't go wrong with Johnnie Walker
I've never understood the Johnnie Walker thing. Paying that much for a mediocre blended whiskey seems crazy to me.

I'm a liquor snob though admittedly.

I've never understood the Johnnie Walker thing. Paying that much for a mediocre blended whiskey seems crazy to me.

It's an expensive blend. Totally not worth it.

Agreed.

I just can't wrap my head around it.

Send me some extra cash and I'll drink Johnny Blue.

It's good.

Not $200 good though.

It's an acquired taste. I thought it was a little rough at first, but it's no biggie now unless it's just a rough drink.

A good amount of Irish whiskeys are triple distilled. They're usually pretty smooth even neat. Jameson for example is surprisingly smooth neat.

If you want Bourbon that's good, Angel's Envy, Elijah Craig, and Basil Hayden. Those three are all solid when I had them

It's good.

Not $200 good though.
Listen if someone pours me a glass I'm sure as hell not gonna refuse but as you said I can think of much better ways to spend 200$ on liquor.

The red and green is so bad I wouldn't even use it to mix.

Listen if someone pours me a glass I'm sure as hell not gonna refuse but as you said I can think of much better ways to spend 200$ on liquor.

Exactly

Was the macallan the only scotch you tried?

I can't mix liquor I only drink it neat. I love scotch but the prices can get insane. I could recommend some Irish whiskies you might like that are more similar to bourbon.

I've tried Walker gold before, but hated it. Although I had never tried drinking straight scotch before that.

I really like the idea of whiskey aged in sherry or similar barrels though

It's good.

Not $200 good though.
When it's on sale at Costco though...

One reason I hate ohio. No liquor at Costco.

It's one of the easiest Scotch's to drink neat to me. Admittedly red isn't the best, but Double Black, Platinum, and Blue are incredible. I feel that for the price double black is one of the best

Oooo that is a good one too. I like some scotch but bourbon is where it's at. A good starting point I think would be Woodford.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

i think a bourbon tasting is in order. if we put both of our stashes together we might have 15+ bourbons he could try. lol

It's an acquired taste. I thought it was a little rough at first, but it's no biggie now unless it's just a rough drink.

A good amount of Irish whiskeys are triple distilled. They're usually pretty smooth even neat. Jameson for example is surprisingly smooth neat.

If you want Bourbon that's good, Angel's Envy, Elijah Craig, and Basil Hayden. Those three are all solid when I had them

The first bottle I ever bought to try drinking straight was a bottle of Elijah Craig and it's damn good for the price. 12 year old, single barrel whiskey for under $30 and it tastes great.

Just had Balvenie Double Wood 12 year and it's the best thing I've ever had

The first bottle I ever bought to try drinking straight was a bottle of Elijah Craig and it's damn good for the price. 12 year old, single barrel whiskey for under $30 and it tastes great.
While I love the stuff and agree with your sentiments it's a pretty stout bourbon.

If you can drink that stuff nest there won't be much you can't handle.

While I love the stuff and agree with your sentiments it's a pretty stout bourbon.

If you can drink that stuff nest there won't be much you can't handle.

yea I'm too dainty for that still haha.

yea I'm too dainty for that still haha.
What's your comfort zone price wise?

Try an Irish whiskey.

Black bush by Bushmills is excellent at about 30$ or I really love redbreast 12 or 15 year for 65-80.

Only Irish whiskey worth more than that to me is Bushmills 21 but at about 115$ a bottle I only buy myself one a year as a birthday present.

When I have it I have to have my wife hide the bottle it's so good. I also think that means I have an alcohol problem.

What's your comfort zone price wise?

Try an Irish whiskey.

Black bush by Bushmills is excellent at about 30$ or I really love redbreast 12 or 15 year for 65-80.

Only Irish whiskey worth more than that to me is Bushmills 21 but at about 115$ a bottle I only buy myself one a year as a birthday present.

When I have it I have to have my wife hide the bottle it's so good. I also think that means I have an alcohol problem.

Now with the mention of Balvenie I started looking those up haha. the 17 doublewood and 15 single barrel sound pretty good.

Back