It's fantastic

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

And just discovered Dalmore.

Want...
dalmore-king-alexander-iii-whisky.jpg

Now with the mention of Balvenie I started looking those up haha. the 17 doublewood and 15 single barrel sound pretty good.

It's indeed very good. Thought you'd want to start small and work your way up but that is a damn good one.

It's indeed very good. Thought you'd want to start small and work your way up but that is a damn good one.

yea I'm still working through the stuff I have to see if I'm going to move forward with this habit. But it's fun to see what is out there haha.

On my way to see what the whiskey man has for me today.

Will update with pics!

While I love the stuff and agree with your sentiments it's a pretty stout bourbon.

If you can drink that stuff nest there won't be much you can't handle.

I already drank whiskey, just not on the rocks, so I do agree if someone was to start with the Elijah Craig it may be too much for them. A nice chunk of ice and letting it melt a little will help take the edge off if someone is trying to get into Whiskeys.

019abb8489f2e216092576e5009bb87b.jpg

Should be a good weekend

Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare this afternoon.

Should be a GREAT weekend

FIFY! A glass of Jefferson Reserve Cask is calling my name!

FIFY! A glass of Jefferson Reserve Cask is calling my name!

you got a bottle? im heading to the Liquor store now to see if my guy has anything good.

you got a bottle? im heading to the Liquor store now to see if my guy has anything good.

Yeah. Purchased kinda by mistake. I was looking to buy a more expensive bottle (around $50) and it was in a spot that said $54. Took it to the register and it was $75. I was like whatever, I bet it's good! haha

Edit: Don't tell Steph!

Yeah. Purchased kinda by mistake. I was looking to buy a more expensive bottle (around $50) and it was in a spot that said $54. Took it to the register and it was $75. I was like whatever, I bet it's good! haha

Edit: Don't tell Steph!
Ok save a glass for me....

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

What's your comfort zone price wise?

Try an Irish whiskey.

Black bush by Bushmills is excellent at about 30$ or I really love redbreast 12 or 15 year for 65-80.

Only Irish whiskey worth more than that to me is Bushmills 21 but at about 115$ a bottle I only buy myself one a year as a birthday present.

When I have it I have to have my wife hide the bottle it's so good. I also think that means I have an alcohol problem.

I agree with this^^^^^Bushmills "Black Bush" is a great Irish whiskey, very smooth and not a sweet as Jamesons, if that is what you like.

I agree with this^^^^^Bushmills "Black Bush" is a great Irish whiskey, very smooth and not a sweet as Jamesons, if that is what you like.
I love Irish whiskey. You have to be careful though because there is summer way overpriced bottles and some total crap out there.

Should be a good weekend

Well I'm a little disappointed with the blade and bow. The notes are OK but it's too weak for my palate.

Almost tastes like it's watered down neat. Would not recommend for someone who enjoys a bold bourbon.

Just had Balvenie Double Wood 12 year and it's the best thing I've ever had
It is top notch. Definitely a top 5 whiskey for me!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Listen if someone pours me a glass I'm sure as hell not gonna refuse but as you said I can think of much better ways to spend 200$ on liquor.

The red and green is so bad I wouldn't even use it to mix.

Funny story:
I was staying at a fairly nice hotel a couple years ago and was at the lobby bar and decided to splurge and ordered a Jonnie Walker Blue. It was pretty good. It was also.... $43 a shot!
A stupid modern day 1 oz shot!
I was expecting maybe $15 - $17. Which is already more than it's worth but sometimes curiosity prevails.
But $43? I was just about to complain but I realized I did not check the menu or ask the bartender what the price was before ordering...lesson learned!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I just had a glass of macallan 18 the other night at a restaurant.

Was 33$ but well worth it .

Didn't even realize they sold shots of scotch ha-ha.

I just had a glass of macallan 18 the other night at a restaurant.

Was 33$ but well worth it .

Didn't even realize they sold shots of scotch ha-ha.

one night at eddie v's here in orlando my wife and i were waiting on another couple to join us for dinner, so we went to the bar to have a drink. i ordered a rye neat though i don't recall which. the waitress says, "here, i want you try this" and pours me at least a full finger if not two of something. it was mindblowing on the nose, but while velvety smooth still pretty intense on the palate. it was macallan 25, and i thought she said it was like $100+ per pour.

one night at eddie v's here in orlando my wife and i were waiting on another couple to join us for dinner, so we went to the bar to have a drink. i ordered a rye neat though i don't recall which. the waitress says, "here, i want you try this" and pours me at least a full finger if not two of something. it was mindblowing on the nose, but while velvety smooth still pretty intense on the palate. it was macallan 25, and i thought she said it was like $100+ per pour.

$100 a pour sounds about right. I've heard only good things about it though!

never had anything like it. I could smell it all day. on the palate is was more scotch than I can handle. interesting disparity between nose and palate. I've had jw blue, and I preferred it. macallan 18 is more up my alley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck, an entire bottle of Macallan 25 here in Ohio is over $1,400. I'm a big fan a Macallan 18 and the new Macallan Edition No. 1 is quite good too.

T0AD and I are enjoying a little Johnny Walker Blue now.

e180f0a79be962f04040b6d2b70a6669.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hey guys. I like to drink my whisky on the rocks or in an old fashioned. Wondered if I should try Gentleman Jack. Jack Daniels has a rep in my area of being nasty but Gentleman Jack advertises as being smoother. My liquor store has a great deal on Gentleman Jack and free glasses and wondered if it was good and worth the investment?

Hey guys. I like to drink my whisky on the rocks or in an old fashioned. Wondered if I should try Gentleman Jack. Jack Daniels has a rep in my area of being nasty but Gentleman Jack advertises as being smoother. My liquor store has a great deal on Gentleman Jack and free glasses and wondered if it was good and worth the investment?

It's not awful. In an old fashioned, it might be pretty good. I remember drinking it in college because the bar I'd go to on Fridays had it as an option all you could drink and you're not gonna not take it over regular Jack. I'd probably say get the shooter bottle etc just to try it just in case you really dislike it?

T0AD and I are enjoying a little Johnny Walker Blue now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That bottle is half full. You two put a hurting on it I see.

Back