Who was your favorite pro athlete when you were a child?

Favorite was Phil Simms.

Obscure - Brad van Pelt.

tiger woods pga GIF

Cal Ripken Jr. because my dad took me to all the Oriel’s spring training games near us in Ft. Lauderdale.

I also had a huge crush on Billy Lindsay of the Florida Panthers.

Kirby Puckett early years, middle school was Rodman and David Justice

The Man and The Left Arm of God.
ASlWALRW2GPx-OKSjXJnABMl2JROjru5dQIIEn97bsk.jpg

Football - Joe Montana
Baseball - Mark McGuire
Basketball - Chris Mullin
Golf - Fred Couples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Kaline

Tommy McDonald

Curtis Joseph without question. Still have some 300 or more of his hockey cards.

Cool topic.

Larry Csonka
Walter Payton
Larry Bird

Really not obscure, but track and field guys just weren’t as well known: Edwin Moses

Ken Griffey Jr.. Was a huge fan of him. Loved the long ball when I was a kid.

hmmm as a child?? I would say, Steve Garvey, Fernando Valenzuela, or Michael Cooper.

Obscure...that's tough I can't think of anyone obscure I followed...or at least can't remember them at this age. LOL

Bo Jackson

Obscure athlete - Sam Okey local basketball legend who only excelled after college with the wacky tobacco.

Cool topic.

Larry Csonka
Walter Payton
Larry Bird

Really not obscure, but track and field guys just weren’t as well known: Edwin Moses
You reminded me of this cool memory. When I was a high schooler and one of the top runners in Oregon my family went to Eugene, Oregon to attend the Hayward Field Restoration Track & Field meet that was headlined by the one-mile race featuring Steve Prefontaine and Dave Wottle. Of course, that was just one of the competitions at this event. We watched Rod Millburn tie his World Record for the 110-meter high hurdles. After his race, Rod hung out in our section of the stands for the rest of the event. He was very personable and we thoroughly enjoyed getting to know him and our time together.

Nolan Ryan was always a favorite and why I became an Astros fan up in Wisconsin.

Obscure: Dan Jansen, local guy that has, in my opinion, one of the best Olympic stories

Back