Who was your favorite pro athlete when you were a child?

Favorite player was MJ.

Obscure player? Richmond webb, oline Miami dolphins was my neighbor have a signed football from him

George Brett

Obscure: Joe Delaney. A great running back for the Chiefs who's life ended tragically when he drowned trying to save some boys who were in trouble in a pond.

Favorite/ Willie Mays / Bobby Orr

Obscure- Carl “Spider” Lockart

Football- Tony Dorsett
Baseball- Ted Simmons St. Louis Cards catcher

Shaq

George Koonce

Bo Jackson

Obscure athlete: Darryl Williams, despite being a Hurricane. He lived down the street from us after the Bengals drafted him and was always super nice.

favorite: Darryl Strawberry
slightly more obscure: Mark Gastineau

Jim Rice and Fred Lynn

Obscure: Bernie Carbo

Johnny Unitas or Brooks Robinson.

MJ
Griffey Jr
Tiger

Chris Sabo/Patrick Roy

Ted Williams

Yes sir!!! I was in HS when he made that shot as a freshmen to win the National Championship at UNC 🔥

Feel fortunate to have watched his entire career

Football- Tony Dorsett
Baseball- Ted Simmons St. Louis Cards catcher
Ted had some good years in Milwaukee also ⚾

Bo Jackson, and not even a close 2nd. I was obsessed with everything Bo, and quite frankly, still am.

Walter Payton
Johnny Bench

Aryton Senna, and then Pavel Bure

Ryan Freel. The guy played the game hard, was saddened to hear about his death.
I loved Ryan Freel! His hustle was one of a kind. But he played multiple games at every position but pitcher and catcher. Most teams would do anything to have a dude like that. RIP.
Screenshot_20231209_084222_Photos.jpg

when i was young it was Danny White, then Herschel Walker, Then Troy Aikman. see a theme here...lol

Yeah like others it was MJ. Living in North Fl I was lucky enough to see him play in person a handful of times in Orlando against the Magic. Even had 2nd row baseline seats once. Seeing him score 17pts in a quarter 20ft away from me was a bucket list moment.

Obscure wise I loved watching Moose Johnson blast open holes for Emmitt Smith on those 90s Cowboys teams. Love blocking Fullbacks. 🤷‍♂️🤣

Back