Why Are You NOT Scheduling Lessons

I've thought about it a lot this year, especially since I have been playing pretty well (for me).... Two thing holding me back:

1. I've never been good at taking instructions. I'm stubborn and have to do things my way. Maybe that's why people call me Bull.
2. Time. I need 30 hour days lol.

I've had a few lessons this year. Was tired of inconsistencies in my game that I felt were from things that would only get better with outside help.

I'm starting to play better as I play more. Playing a couple times a week is helping.

Was playing pretty good. Putting let me down while in Colorado. Told my buddy who recently took a lesson at Karstan that if his lessons enabled him to beat me or get close I would schedule mine. Hope a few weeks off recuperating don’t cause my game a set back.

Just finished my second series of lessons and ball striking has improved dramatically, gaining lots of ball speed with a much more compact swing.

Have a 3 hr on Friday - will split it with my son.

So for the first time since I started the game at age 10 (which I only had 2 lessons), I will start lessons beginning of July. Want to start sooner, but from now until first week of July, I won't even be able to pick up a club due to daughter's schedule, but I am genuinely excited, especially since my game has went to crap and had a phone conversation with the instructor today about it. He immediately said, I bet it's in your setup which is causing the problem, which I know is a big part of it. Either way, getting a solid price and will start out with a couple a month for the first couple months and then probably drop down to one a month as thing start to take a turn for the better.

range time is definitely needed, that's for damn sure.

And, that is about where my commitment falls straight through the floor. Oof.

I had a lesson set up for the first and second week of may.......then a kidney stone decided to rear it’s head. This afternoon is the last doc visit and I’m free of that.......hopefully.

Because the last lesson I took I got a gimmick fix, and tossed it after two weeks of BS poofy tee shots. With my back, I don't think lessons will really help unless I can get to the range at least 3 days a week.

haha, the ultimate bandaid (although you're cheating, you're supposed to BUY something when things aren't perfect hahaha)

i took my last lesson in jan/feb? so i'm probably due...

Current COVID restrictions and I want to get a baseline to go to the coach with rather than sit there bashing balls like it's the first time I've hit a club.

Trying to decide if a robot can help. My swing is okay but goes MIA from time to time. Would really like to be better at hitting FWs off the deck.

https://robogolfpro.com

After trying for over a month to schedule a short game lesson, I finally talked myself out of it. If I have to work that hard to give my money away, I can only imagine the amount of effort that instructor is going to put forth.

It's definitely something I'm contemplating- Driver has come back around this year, but irons are definitely a concern right now. I'd love to go through and snag some but...I haven't found anyone that comes highly recommended or has availability anytime soon.

I dont need no lesson mang, the guy will tell you to stop slicing. mang

I took the plunge this afternoon. Very glad I did. Kept it focused on a few things to improve my ball striking. The video was enlightening to see the swing and how different feels influenced it.
It may make for an interesting round this weekend but it’s not like I’ve been putting on a ballstriking clinic so what’s to lose?

After trying for over a month to schedule a short game lesson, I finally talked myself out of it. If I have to work that hard to give my money away, I can only imagine the amount of effort that instructor is going to put forth.

Wow had the same BS!

I contaced (emailed since they were closed) club 2/1 of this year. They replied they were in between instructors, and gave me the email for their last club pro who left to coach the local college team. I waited over one week for a response and after a couple exchanges he asked i wait until may 15 (after the college season)and reach out to him again. Assuming he likes cash, and sounded interested, i fugured he would respond quicker. Nope sent him an email about the 20th and still no response.

Fortunately for me the club found the previously retired college and club pro and asked him to help. MY first lesson with him is tomorrow. Good news is he has about 30+ more years of coaching experience, so I definitely felt like I came out on top.

Wow had the same BS!

I contaced (emailed since they were closed) club 2/1 of this year. They replied they were in between instructors, and gave me the email for their last club pro who left to coach the local college team. I waited over one week for a response and after a couple exchanges he asked i wait until may 15 (after the college season)and reach out to him again. Assuming he likes cash, and sounded interested, i fugured he would respond quicker. Nope sent him an email about the 20th and still no response.

Fortunately for me the club found the previously retired college and club pro and asked him to help. MY first lesson with him is tomorrow. Good news is he has about 30+ more years of coaching experience, so I definitely felt like I came out on top.
All I can say is that business must be awfully good for them not to reply. I can't imagine it would be that difficult for them to just say they are booked solid and can't take on any more students. But that seems to be too common in all types of businesses these days.

I hope the lessons end up helping you. Finding the right instructor seems to be key. Good luck!

The local golf practice center has a number of golf instructors. My wife and I take lessons from a younger guy who is a PGA apprentice and former college golfer. He is booked through July as are the two PGA pros and other apprentice. Crazy! Golf is booming here.

All I can say is that business must be awfully good for them not to reply. I can't imagine it would be that difficult for them to just say they are booked solid and can't take on any more students. But that seems to be too common in all types of businesses these days.

I hope the lessons end up helping you. Finding the right instructor seems to be key. Good luck!

Thanks, i appreciate it. First one is tomorrow Actually i thing the price of the lessons are pretty cheap here, but not a large market here. I have to drive 1- 1.5 hours either direction if this option didn't/doesn't work.

First lesson complete today.

All I can say is, "why da #&$% did I not do this before????"

The Pro I ended up getting a lesson from was great, he told me what I was doing wrong and when he explained it, he was able to convey what I needed to do to correct it. Fortunately when he was able to tell be how to fix it I could make the adjustment on the next swing and replicate it for the next hour. He also adjusted my grip. He said today ne didn't care about dispersion, he just wanted to eatablish solid contact.

I have never had a range session with such consistently solid strikes. Have another session scheduled with him in a couple weeks.

I don’t take the game as seriously anymore.

I’m just glad to be able to go out and play and enjoy the time with my children or friends.

Played for over 35 years so I have a very good idea of what works for me and my swing and what does not.

Back