Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

The shape seems to be smack dab in the middle of the KE4 TC Fairway and Hybrid. Certainly isn't anything revolutionary but it's a logical approach.
Hosel is .335 and I assume they would be built to 7 wood and 9 wood lengths. Looking forward to this one.
75d56ca52c550cb70db6e010fece8657.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I just received this one yesterday with the Recoil 660 shaft. Eager to compare to the KE4 Tour irons.

Attachments

• STi2_1.jpg
    STi2_1.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 42
I’m not finding them in the Golfworks site.

Interesting, like the 455 face, but I prefer the zero offset or minimal offset like an iron rather than the fairway wood set up.

Hello all new member that's been lurking here for a while since I came across Maltby. Haven't played in over 5 years and using some old Hogan Magnums to get back into the game since my clubs grew legs and walked away. Ordered a TSW 56° wedge last week that hopefully gets here early next week. dAlso plan on getting some TE forged irons in the not too distant future.

Eventually going to have to replace my Big 5 special driver I picked up. Was looking at the KE4 driver and was wondering if it would be better to go with the MPF shaft or uprgrade the shaft since I'm just getting back into the game

Hello all new member that's been lurking here for a while since I came across Maltby. Haven't played in over 5 years and using some old Hogan Magnums to get back into the game since my clubs grew legs and walked away. Ordered a TSW 56° wedge last week that hopefully gets here early next week. dAlso plan on getting some TE forged irons in the not too distant future.

Eventually going to have to replace my Big 5 special driver I picked up. Was looking at the KE4 driver and was wondering if it would be better to go with the MPF shaft or uprgrade the shaft since I'm just getting back into the game
The MPF shafts are a quality shaft that is only cheap in price. I have put those into all sort of builds over the years. I have not had one complaint about performance or finish. They are built in the same shaft factory that builds the biggest names in shafts.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

The MPF shafts are a quality shaft that is only cheap in price. I have put those into all sort of builds over the years. I have not had one complaint about performance or finish. They are built in the same shaft factory that builds the biggest names in shafts.

Thanks Popeye. It's been hard to find any info on them so I wasn't sure about them

Just got their new catalog in the mail yesterday. Makes me drool...

I'm going to go with the Maltby shaft in the 21 degree HYWAY. Another round with the PTM yesterday... They are just an honest iron with really good forgiveness. I hit a cut/slice #7 iron around a tree into the wind from 150 onto the green yesterday that warmed my heart! LOL Chipping is really good and CONSISTENT with both the PW and GW.

Just got their new catalog in the mail yesterday. Makes me drool...
Same. Can't remember the last time I got a physical catalog, excited to go through it.

Just got to game my new STi2 6 iron today. So far so good. It feels good and looks great too. If it works well I may reshaft my KE4 Tour 7-pw with the Recoil 660 also.

8fc429139df145723bad1d83ff010a7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’m looking to get a KE-4 driver, but I don’t know my swing speed and hence what stiffness shaft to get. I’m not comfortable going for a fitting mid-pandemic either. I don’t think I have a terribly fast swing, but I suspect I might hover around the border of regular/stiff.

Adjustable shaft technology is new to me. From what I can tell, if you have multiple shafts with the correct adapter, swapping them on a single head is as simple as unscrewing one shaft and screwing the other in. Am I correct on that?

If that is the case, my thought is to pick a flex to start (probably regular) and see how it goes. If I feel I need the other, I’d pay Golfworks to put the other flex shaft together with the adapter and grip. (I’m not a builder.)

Does that sound plausible? Does Golfworks even sell KE-4 adapters? I couldn’t find them on the site.

Last edited:
I’m looking to get a TE-4 driver, but I don’t know my swing speed and hence what stiffness shaft to get. I’m not comfortable going for a fitting mid-pandemic either. I don’t think I have a terribly fast swing, but I suspect I might hover around the border of regular/stiff.

Adjustable shaft technology is new to me. From what I can tell, if you have multiple shafts with the correct adapter, swapping them on a single head is as simple as unscrewing one shaft and screwing the other in. Am I correct on that?

If that is the case, my thought is to pick a flex to start (probably regular) and see how it goes. If I feel I need the other, I’d pay Golfworks to put the other flex shaft together with the adapter and grip. (I’m not a builder.)

Does that sound plausible? Does Golfworks even sell TE-4 adapters? I couldn’t find them on the site.
Assuming you referring to the KE-4 it is possible, and the adapters are listed on the driver head page underneath the actual driver pictures. The adjustable drivers are just that sort of a plug and play feature if that is what you are looking for.

Assuming you referring to the KE-4 it is possible, and the adapters are listed on the driver head page underneath the actual driver pictures. The adjustable drivers are just that sort of a plug and play feature if that is what you are looking for.

Thanks. It seemed like they were interchangeable, but without having one in hand to examine, I wasn’t 100%. I’ve cost myself money in the past making assumptions that were wrong.

I don’t know how I didn’t see that adapter on the driver page. I used the search and it doesn’t show at all there.

Thanks. It seemed like they were interchangeable, but without having one in hand to examine, I wasn’t 100%. I’ve cost myself money in the past making assumptions that were wrong.
I know the problem well. 😉

IMG_20210204_143030_01.jpg

So was able to get out to the range today. First impressions are, damn I'm glad I ordered it. Felt really good and contact felt much better than the wedges I've been using. Definitely going to have to order another one and then save my pennies for a set of irons

A new DBM finish on a TSW head that will allow the wedge to be bent as desired, but still keep the DBM qualities. I'm excited for this finish.
The DRM finish looks really nice!

Speaking of the KE4 TC driver.. Most of my testing this year was with a SIM head so I just wound up putting that head in play most of the year. I recently gave it away and brought out the KE4.
Earlier in the year this particular head was being tested with a heavy shaft so I had a lite weight sole weight in the head. Pairing it up with an Xcaliber Pro TSL in TS. 50g shaft.. The head was set at 10.5° and for the life of me I couldn't control it. It wasn't till I swung weight the club and realized it's was near C7.5. I had a 4g weight in the head. Changing it to a 12g really woke up the club putting it at almost D2. I was now carrying the ball high 250s and mid 260s. But my spin numbers were a tad high. Launch was near 15°.
I dialed the adapter down to 9.5 and wow am I killing it.
Hitting a baby draw its now carrying 265 to 270 and spinning down about 2300. So it's rolling out very nicely.
I actually put it up against a SIM2 and the KE4 out did it in all cases. I would like to dial in the SIM2 with a better shaft than was available and see how it goes. Early last year though it was close.. The KE4 beat out the SIM in every spot as well but with matching shafts. But it was a very close contest separated by a small margin.
So just goes to show you how important it is to properly set up the adjustable drivers. Little details make a difference. The KE4 can keep up with any of the drivers out there.
6f0aab71c47ba5618275f02192565955.jpg
56fb9aca2d804b4bf7b95852e7a86f27.jpg
a1af3c0d302494004e24f4f17883adff.jpg
4c007c12e42d6930f36088f4b568304f.jpg

Honestly I built clubs but never been overly impressed Maltbie always seem to be a step behind and graphics not solid IMO

Speaking of the KE4 TC driver.. Most of my testing this year was with a SIM head so I just wound up putting that head in play most of the year. I recently gave it away and brought out the KE4.
Earlier in the year this particular head was being tested with a heavy shaft so I had a lite weight sole weight in the head. Pairing it up with an Xcaliber Pro TSL in TS. 50g shaft.. The head was set at 10.5° and for the life of me I couldn't control it. It wasn't till I swung weight the club and realized it's was near C7.5. I had a 4g weight in the head. Changing it to a 12g really woke up the club putting it at almost D2. I was now carrying the ball high 250s and mid 260s. But my spin numbers were a tad high. Launch was near 15°.
I dialed the adapter down to 9.5 and wow am I killing it.
Hitting a baby draw its now carrying 265 to 270 and spinning down about 2300. So it's rolling out very nicely.
I actually put it up against a SIM2 and the KE4 out did it in all cases. I would like to dial in the SIM2 with a better shaft than was available and see how it goes. Early last year though it was close.. The KE4 beat out the SIM in every spot as well but with matching shafts. But it was a very close contest separated by a small margin.
So just goes to show you how important it is to properly set up the adjustable drivers. Little details make a difference. The KE4 can keep up with any of the drivers out there.
6f0aab71c47ba5618275f02192565955.jpg
56fb9aca2d804b4bf7b95852e7a86f27.jpg
a1af3c0d302494004e24f4f17883adff.jpg
4c007c12e42d6930f36088f4b568304f.jpg

How would you compare the sound to the SIM/SiIM2?

How would you compare the sound to the SIM/SiIM2?
The SIM and the SIM2 have a little more muted TWACK. I think the SIM2 has better feel this year. Great sound.
The construction of the KE4 is all titanium and has more of a Crack to it. You really know when your crushed the KE4. Sometimes the feel of the SIM drivers surprises me of how good it goes but wasn't crazy about the feel.

@Jman A while back you had thought about stripping the DBM finish. Maltby is coming out with the DRM. Diamonized Raw Metal finish. Same chemical process that doesn't add thickness. It has the same properties that the DBM has but in a raw finish that may oxidize over time. In theory it might but its too new to tell yet.. It also allows full adjustability.
Looking forward to this finish but they basically did what you were thinking about.
e0bc608dc78c608c3eeb6e87e952230c.jpg

Back