Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Praying for your dad, you and your family Shakey! Keep us posted on his progress.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way Tom. Sounds like your dad has quite the legacy.

Thoughts with Ya Tom. Prayers for him and your family.

Didn't know. Sorry to hear but have you and the family in thoughts and prayers

Thanks guys. I don't want to get the thread side tracked.

Taking a 2 to 3 week break from golf at this point might actually be beneficial to my game. Recently I started thinking about my swing too much & my game suffered. I need to get back to just playing the game. That's about the only thing Tiger Woods & I have in common.

It's getting surreal....5 weeks from today the champion will be crowned.
Still time to make some changes for the good but we are ever so close to the point of no return where you have to accept that you existing game will be as good as it gets.

Will that be enough to get the job done? Only time will tell. Time is the enemy now keep grinding away fellas.

Still time to make some changes for the good but we are ever so close to the point of no return where you have to accept that you existing game will be as good as it gets.

Will that be enough to get the job done? Only time will tell. Time is the enemy now keep grinding away fellas.
You, dev and your teams have been so solid through this process. Two great captains with great men behind them.

Keep it up fellas!! The prize has been attained and the legacy is secure. Just dig deep and cross that finish line.

Team Tradition and Team Heritage having a fun round of Legacy prep today. Jed, CJ, me and Bret.
12dbb0a1706128a79afd70de22220f94.jpg

Last edited:
This is the home stretch. Only 5 weeks out, no time for big changes just time for the fine tuning to get our games dialed in. I can feel the pressure start to build up for this. On that note, time to head to the range and probably play 18 today.

For all Legacy players, has there been any doubting or second guessing your prep so far? If so how did you change it?

This is the home stretch. Only 5 weeks out, no time for big changes just time for the fine tuning to get our games dialed in. I can feel the pressure start to build up for this. On that note, time to head to the range and probably play 18 today.

For all Legacy players, has there been any doubting or second guessing your prep so far? If so how did you change it?
I'm not so much doubting it, but my short game (chipping/pitching/bunker) practice just isn't carrying from the practice area to the course. It's not horrible by any means but on the practice greens I'm lights out and on the course under pressure (tournaments) I'm average.

Iron play continues to be hot or cold on any given day.

Tee game is deadly for me. Lots of fairways and plenty of distance.

Team Tradition and Team Heritage having a fun round of Legacy prep today. Jed, CJ, me and Bret.
12dbb0a1706128a79afd70de22220f94.jpg

Incredible time! Cant wait to see you guys again in MB along with everyone else.

I'm not so much doubting it, but my short game (chipping/pitching/bunker) practice just isn't carrying from the practice area to the course. It's not horrible by any means but on the practice greens I'm lights out and on the course under pressure (tournaments) I'm average.

Iron play continues to be hot or cold on any given day.

Tee game is deadly for me. Lots of fairways and plenty of distance.
Curtis I am curious and for everyone else from different climates what is your plan when you get to MB to combat the Bermuda ? I know when I went up to Pittsburgh I had issues adjusting then once I came back even after just a couple rounds it took me some time to get readjusted to the Bermuda. I am so used to playing on it I miss it when I travel to areas that are not Bermuda.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Curtis I am curious and for everyone else from different climates what is your plan when you get to MB to combat the Bermuda ? I know when I went up to Pittsburgh I had issues adjusting then once I came back even after just a couple rounds it took me some time to get readjusted to the Bermuda. I am so used to playing on it I miss it when I travel to areas that are not Bermuda.

Honestly I have no plan besides hit as many practice shots as I can.

At The King I waaaay over thought the Bermuda greens and missed putts for no good reason. Once I stopped worrying about the grain on every green I started to putt and chip much better. That's not to say I ignore it completely but I gave the grain way too credit at first.

As far as swings from the rough, I don't find the Bermuda rough any tougher to play from than the long, thick, wet grass my home course has up here.

Hey guys. Some of you know, but I've been pulled away from Legacy prep & pretty much everything else since Monday due to a family emergency.

My dad was in a bad accident & is still in the ICU with pretty severe head trauma & a broken hip. After several days of being unresponsive, he started stirring yesterday & opened his eyes & squeezed our hands a little today. The doc said they would keep him sedated & intubated until after his hip surgery Monday, so there is still a long way to go before we know If there is any brain damage or how long the recovery will be.

Since we've been at the hospital, I've been amazed at the number of people who have come to visit. I've heard story after story about my dad & how he's touched other people's lives. That's the legacy I want.

I'll get back to Legacy prep & participating in the forum soon. Thanks for all the thoughts & prayers.
I also had no idea. Thoughts and prayers for your family bud.

Played my first round of the year I think with the same ball. Not a big deal for some of you snipers, but I was smiling as I reached until the 18th cup. Switched to a yellow 330-RX which might have helped a little

Im going to just try and be in the rough as little as possible lol. Seriously though the practice rounds will be huge in this respect. Im not going to try and overthink it though.

Im going to just try and be in the rough as little as possible lol. Seriously though the practice rounds will be huge in this respect. Im not going to try and overthink it though.
I apologize in advance if I am your alt shot partner then ;)

I know you guys will be putting ion quite a show in a few short weeks!

I cannot wait to follow along!

The pieces are coming together. Any given round I can hit good drives, good irons, good wedges, and good putts. I'm just playing rounds now trying to get them all working together. I talked with my coach today, I'm not learning anything new in my lessons, just getting tune-ups on anything that I struggled with the past week. The key for me is really just mental--finding ways to stay relaxed and bounce back from bad holes.

I know my team has all been working hard, and I'm sure Mike's team has too. I think you guys on the sidelines are in for a treat--it's going to be a slugfest out there. I feel like it's really going to come down to which team can perform better under pressure.

Lots of doubts after yesterday. Sprayed the ball all over the place. I believe I hit 3 fairways en route to an 86. Threw away several shots around the greens, including missing 3 footers on the first 2 holes. I ended up doing okay in our match play game, but was pretty disgusted with my performance overall, especially with the driver, which is usually my strength.

Definitely exhausted after playing 72 holes over the weekend. My hands are a wreck.

The good news is that I can play again with no pain. I just need some more reps to get back in the swing of things.

My front nine yesterday, I felt, was very good. I was putting a good swing on the ball. Although I only hit 3/7 FIR and 4/9 GIR, I wasn't missing by much. 5 pars on the front really had my spirits up.

Then came the back nine came and I lost my swing all together. Off the tee I couldn't keep it on play and it was really getting frustrated. 3/7 FIR and 1/9 GIR for me was disappointing because I expect a little more out of myself. When I missed the fairway I went OB.

All in all, I need to eliminate the OB and the high numbers. The four 7's and one 8 were round killers.

I had my anniversary this weekend, so here comes a big multi-quote.

Tithe participants: have stopped and smelled the roses? Mean have you taken a moment to just stop and see how freaking lucky we all are to have this awesome opportunity.

Not really. I mean, I do take time now and then to think about what is coming. I just dream of the wedges and putter, and the irons, particularly with KBS shafts, and the driver....and I loved the D200 3wood when I had it out on a range one day....ok, I think about every club I'm going to get. It honestly doesn't seem real. I spend so much time practicing, and it is sometimes hard to think about the Legacy coming up, what was once so far away is now almost here.

I like where my game is at right now. No big changes, just a lot of fine tuning. And there is plenty of time for fine tuning.

No doubt in my mind about my prep work. Fitness and short game primarily. I would like to have maybe had a couple of extra rounds for handicap purposes by this point, but I will be able to make up for that this week.

Lots of doubts after yesterday. Sprayed the ball all over the place. I believe I hit 3 fairways en route to an 86. Threw away several shots around the greens, including missing 3 footers on the first 2 holes. I ended up doing okay in our match play game, but was pretty disgusted with my performance overall, especially with the driver, which is usually my strength.

Definitely exhausted after playing 72 holes over the weekend. My hands are a wreck.

The good news is that I can play again with no pain. I just need some more reps to get back in the swing of things.

I'm glad you can play again pain free. That is excellent news. If it makes you feel better, I also shot an 86 this weekend while only finding 3 fairways, and had the putting yips inside 3 feet. I actually made more 6-8 footers than 2-3 footers, which was strange.

And this all brings me to my next point. I hope everyone has been working on their mental games. I want you to envision this. I know it's a bit long, but I'm trying to put enough detail in here that you can really envision it. You start off on your first hole. You don't do anything terrible. Tee shot didn't quite carry the corner, but its a safe lie in the rough. You hit your next shot, which lands hole high, but since you were in the rough, you just didn't quite have enough spin on it so it rolls 5 yards off the back of the green. Now its a testy little chip shot off a down slope, and the green is running away from you, but for the distance, its nothing you can't handle. You hit the chip, the ball runs 8 feet by. Now 2 putt, and you walk off with a bogey. Not a bad start really for your first hole in competition, had a few jitters but you played it well and didn't take any big numbers. Next hole comes up. You block your tee shot hard right. Find it in some taller fescue/prairie type grass. You don't get a great clean hit for your pitch to the green, and end up in a bunker. Then you chunk that first bunker shot, still in the bunker. Hit it chunky again, but at least you are out. Hit a chip, but chunk it. Make the 12 footer for double. Where is your head at right now? Are you cursing at yourself for screwing up an easy hole? Are you lamenting your bunker play? Or are you saying "hey, I just hit a nice putt." Third hole, another blocked tee shot. In the rough, hit your approach long over the green. You have an uphill pitch shot and can't even see the flag stick you are so far down the hill. You make it on the green, but proceed to three putt. Another double. Next hole is a par 3. Block your mid-iron, leave the pitch 20 feet short. And then you four putt. You just tripled, and you are +8 in the first four holes. You tell your playing partner you have no idea what you are doing and just feel lost at this point on the way to the next hole.

Now I want you to stop, and really think about where your mind is at this point. What are the thoughts in your head as you put the tee in the ground on the next hole? What are you thinking about? The next tee shot? Are you thinking this is a throwaway round? Are you envisioning that 4 putt you just had, or maybe the 3 blocked tee shots? It's a par 5 with a well protected green, and a slight dog leg that you can't cut the corner with driver. You can reach the green in two but you have about a 20 yard window to hit your driver, and then you have to miss the danger around the green. What are your thoughts at this point for each shot you are going to hit on this hole? For the rest of the round?

~Rock

I'm thinking time to hit the whiskey and give my partner a break. I'm too heavy to carry for long.

Had a fun weekend of golf with Erky's crew then got to meet Jed and CJ for a round yesterday as well. My game started pretty decent and we won some cash on Friday. Saturday was hit and miss and yesterday it was like I forgot how to golf. My tempo was a disaster, flailing at everything and so forth.

Not gonna lie, we may have consumed a lot of beer over three days, played in oppressive heat on very little sleep. But it was still a shocking display of ineptitude on my part. I will be focusing on tempo and sequence for as long as it takes to get back to a semblance of consistency.

Not gonna lie, we may have consumed a lot of beer over three days, played in oppressive heat on very little sleep. But it was still a shocking display of ineptitude on my part. I will be focusing on tempo and sequence for as long as it takes to get back to a semblance of consistency.
I'm not sure you can be sure it was the booze, heat & sleep deprivation that caused the bad play. You should do the exact same thing in the days leading up to the Legacy to confirm your theory.

Back