Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I'm excited to follow along this weekend. The memories have been flooding back lately to '14 MC.

One hour then I'm officially on vacation.

The not so great part is being picked up at 3:30 am to go to the airport...

One hour then I'm officially on vacation.

The not so great part is being picked up at 3:30 am to go to the airport...

Good luck sleeping.

Enjoy your trip Dave and play well! You've come a VERY long way and I'm looking forward to following your performance along the way.

1 shot at a time. Everything else will take care of itself.

In 12hrs Ill be boarding my flight to Charleston, then a short drive with shakey to TB and then its game time!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Just hanging with Hogan. Way cooler than Kevin.
5df80c02f632a28322fbadbc7168da3b.jpg

Named after the great Ben Hogan of course!

Off to bed, alarm set for 2:30 am. Champions start early. :D

Looking forward to seeing the competitors at Myrtle Beach tomorrow!

Bags are packed, golf bag is ready and alarm is set. Cant wait to hit the road!!

Safe travel to all of you tomorrow. Can't what to see all your updates over the next several days! Soak it all in, take pictures, and even think about jotting down a few notes in a journal each night for the recaps you'll write later! You are going to have a blast!

It's almost here..can't wait to see everybody have a great time!

This man is a machine. He won't stop. Haha
c87a8edd26cbeef0c723aeb2b0ad1d18.jpg

Just saw the tour van... Text me josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a reminder everybody, come Friday morning, at 9am, the Live Update thread will be different than this one. Make a mental note to check and make sure you are using the proper thread when it goes live.

8af8f7dba8742d6fa4f11a92d2563f1a.jpg
872df2a9ed5e246d5c70ee7361a78543.jpg

As a first time visitor let me just say... Holy crap

I am living this through you guys since the begining, I am glad you finally got there, enjoy your Legacy! oh and keep the pictures coming

What you put into creating your legacy, is what you will get out of it. If you spend a minute before it all starts, and ask your captains what they put into their team event (they were together) they will sum it up nicely I believe. I put it all on the line and know how that final walk up the stairs to the trophy celebration lunch feels coming up short.

The one thing to take out of any weekend like this...Leave it all out there. You will know what that means after about the 27th hole on Saturday. Leave everything you got out on the course. A few years back I was playing with my partner Puttin4Bird and playing terribly. He carried me around that course for probably 12 of the 18 holes we played that round. Right after I hit a decent shot, he looked at me and said "Its time to show the others that we came prepared". It was a moment he probably doesn't remember and one that was insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but to me it was everything. We ended up needed something great later on in that match and together as a team (he hit the drive, I hit it to a foot) came up with that. What does this all mean? Nothing really, just ramblings of an emotional idiot.

But in hindsight, every single person that has played in an event like this, remembers the little things. Whether its fighting fatigue to hit one more great drive, whether its the final walk up to the green (thank you ddec and War Eagle) or whether it's stopping to smell the roses and realizing what the **** is going on. Its mind blowing to think about how lucky you participants are. How so? Im an unemotional robot about this stuff that was left to enough tears to sound like a cat was getting murdered a few years back...AND I WASNT EVEN PLAYING!

I said a few years ago, that enough was enough, but if I had once chance to do something again, it would have been the original thought for a previous event. If I could go back in time, I would change a lot, but Legacy is my original plan done the right way, with some people in place to ensure my sketch takes form. So in exactly 1 week, when you tee off with your new clubs in your practice round, just know you are not just creating your Legacy, but helping to create mine.

So since I am on a rambling kick I will share a story about this. A couple of years ago, the whole crying like a cat getting killed thing happened and it ended on the right note. I was told to break my rules and do something different and should have listened to my gut, but shortly after that I was speaking with someone (ddec) and said to the effect of "if you have a chance to right a wrong, do you do it regardless of work or expense". His response was shocking because he knew in a general sense of what I was speaking. He told me that being ahead of your time, is great for trendsetting, but the kinks get worked out on the fly. This is another conversation that at the time to him was probably insignificant, but to me mattered a lot. So that was when it was decided to do this one time, the right way, with the right people (Im not referring to participants really).

Legacy was born. Not really because we had no name for it, but I knew exactly what I wanted, which was to dig through some old legal pads and get it all together. It came about, the captains came about, the name of the event came about and the location was already decided before we left it last year. So why is this fool rambling about all of this...Because in exactly one week, you get my Legacy. You get the vision that I created 5 years ago on a yellow legal pad as I was sitting in my home with ideas spinning around. It took me 17 days (the days are numbered on my pad) to have the first outline and what Legacy is today and another 43 days to change it enough to get it approved years back. Next week you get what I wanted. You get what should have been done. And you get to do it in the name of a couple of great guys leading the charge.

Next week I present to you...MY LEGACY.
Some will love it. Some will like it. All will respect it.
It's been an honor putting this together for you with the help of Mike and Ricky. Sit back, take it all in and enjoy the ride.
THP Legacy is Here!

As people arrive to the grounds and begin to represent their teams and of course THP, I wanted to bump this and say....ITS THE MOTHER ****ING THP LEGACY! Embrace the **** out of it and have some fun!!!!

JB we'll be in the live update when we start my friend
This place is gorgeous. We're pretty stunned

Since we will be spending more time at True Blue, Jed and I are soaking in Caledonia, having a couple breakfast sandwiches. I have officially been awake for 26 straight hours.

Since we will be spending more time at True Blue, Jed and I are soaking in Caledonia, having a couple breakfast sandwiches. I have officially been awake for 26 straight hours.
And given where you are and what your about to experience. I'd say you're not even tired.

#SleepIsOverrated

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The beds in the villas will feel like sleeping on a cloud when you finally crash. Have fun, buddy.

Love seeing the pictures...will be following along all weekend. I love those places and miss them tremendously. Enjoy the hell out of everything guys, you have earned it.

...and Go #TeamDev!!

04974d094d07de81f72036db923dd9a7.jpg

Back