Wilson C300 and C300 Forged Irons

Can I ask your handicap?
With the c200, did you compare to the non forged as well, and if so thoughts?
Does the different sole size, from c200 to 300 forged, impact on the strike? For you?
What made you go to the forged?
I am interested in the forged, more so to try and get more consistency in dispersions.
Of course everyone is different, swing etc..... but curious on your further thoughts to the above.

c300 forged have a noticeably smaller profile and a more responsive feel off the face. more spin, weaker lofts, etc. i didn't find the powerholes distracting in the c200 but they're gone in the c300 forged.

c200 is basically the holy grail of large-profile GI irons when it comes to performance and consistency, I don't think the c300 forged have the same impact on their category. c200 mishits surprise me with where they end up, c300 forged goes where I expect it to

Can I ask your handicap?
Does the different sole size, from c200 to 300 forged, impact on the strike? For you?
I am interested in the forged, more so to try and get more consistency in dispersions.
Of course everyone is different, swing etc..... but curious on your further thoughts to the above.

I am a 12 and the reason I chose the forged is only because the profile is a little smaller looking at address. I have hit both and the regular C300 are more forgiving on fat shots for sure, but the c300 are rather fore giving as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rehashing an older entry....but how did you find them compared to the c200, size, sole and dispersion?

I gamed the snot put of some C200s before getting a chance to put the C300 Forged in the bag...

I concur with others that the C200s are larger in every dimension, though not too large. Dispersion, in the end, ended up being pretty similar with the nod going to the C200s, but I suspect that was also impacted by the two different shafts (C-Taper Lite in the C200s and KBS Tour 105s in the C300 Forged). I keep talking about reshafting the latter and should do that sooner rather than later.

I do, however, also have a C200 4 iron which will be gamed with the C300 Forged after both have been reshafted.

Can I ask your handicap?

c200 will be slightly better dispersion-wise, dependent on strike. this is just a part of the design with the c200 being larger and more weight back than the c300 forged. think of of CG differences between SGI and bladed irons, although at a smaller scale.

i use the c300 forged because they ticked the boxes that I wished applied to the c200

Just to add on here and because I didn’t see any, here are a couple shots of a C300F next to a C200:

b8f045c8975818ed73b33750833e58b8.jpg

4eb9e0218d1008a2c9c8683f2ba8f42a.jpg

Quoting myself here for 200 v 300F comparison.

Boxes being???

c200 will be slightly better dispersion-wise, dependent on strike. this is just a part of the design with the c200 being larger and more weight back than the c300 forged. think of of CG differences between SGI and bladed irons, although at a smaller scale.

i use the c300 forged because they ticked the boxes that I wished applied to the c200

it appears that the grooved area on both irons are the same, and the additional length is the heal and toe area?
Would that be correct?
I am considering the forged, more to help eliminate the flyers, thatI perceive would be more prevalent on the c200/300.
I accept the forged may be 5-10 yds shorter.

JohnSinV A;6025623 said:
Quoting myself here for 200 v 300F comparison.

it appears that the grooved area on both irons are the same, and the additional length is the heal and toe area?
Would that be correct?
I am considering the forged, more to help eliminate the flyers, thatI perceive would be more prevalent on the c200/300.
I accept the forged may be 5-10 yds shorter.

The angle of the second photo is deceptive, the grooved areas of the clubs are proportional to one another, so the grooves of the forged are shorter overall by 1/8” roughly, IIRC.

In terms of flyers I don’t recall them being a problem with the 200s. In terms of distance I found the 300F to be a drop-in replacement. Where I found the 200 superior was on bigger misses toward the ends of the grooves; the 300F would lose 5-10 yards on similar strikes.

Boxes being???

smaller, better sound (c200 has a hint of hollow to it, c300 forged less so but is still there progressively quieting as you move up in the set), more "expected" results, better looks

And how do the c300 forged compare to the HF2?
Again dispersion, blade length and soul, and forgiveness?
The angle of the second photo is deceptive, the grooved areas of the clubs are proportional to one another, so the grooves of the forged are shorter overall by 1/8” roughly, IIRC.

In terms of flyers I don’t recall them being a problem with the 200s. In terms of distance I found the 300F to be a drop-in replacement. Where I found the 200 superior was on bigger misses toward the ends of the grooves; the 300F would lose 5-10 yards on similar strikes.

And how do the c300 forged compare to the HF2?
Again dispersion, blade length and soul, and forgiveness?

The packages are very similar. I thought I had a pic of the soles somewhere but I do not. Have one from address though:

917bf5484edd26569be997ba0d69c5ee.jpg

HF2 on the left. In terms of forgiveness, turf interaction they are pretty much even Steven. C300F might have a slight edge on dispersion, couple yards maybe. Feel/sound to the HF2 by a wide margin; distance to the HF2 by 7-8 yards on average. I was really enjoying the C300F but the HF2 blew me away.

Rehashing an older entry....but how did you find them compared to the c200, size, sole and dispersion?

I’ll second this post as a C200 player.
Sorry gentlemen, we were hosting family this weekend and I couldn't get near my clubs. Thanks to @JohnSinVA for providing comparison pictures so you are not subjected to my lack of photo skills.

The C300F are smaller/thinner overall as the photos show. One area not shown in the pictures is the cavity. In comparing my C200 cast 5i with my C300 forged 5i, the C300F cavity is approximately 1/8th of an inch deep (eyeballed with old man eyes).

My decision to select the C300 forged vs the C300 cast following the Wilson event was based on seeing my normal C200 ball flight (distance/dispersion) when I had demoed the C300F earlier in the year. Plus they are just really good looking irons.

Unfortunately, with the perfectly timed rain every weekend, I have only one round with my C300F since I received them. I'm confident enough in that they are a direct replacement (performance wise) for my C200's that I will be gaming them in a league tournament on the 23rd.

@topspark I'm currently a 27. Adding 2-3 strokes per hole due to becoming a blithering idiot inside 20 yards inflates the score quickly. :dohanim:

Do you recall what was the wider sole?
I am happy with the top but would not like any thinner on the sole.
It appears the hf2 is slightly longer blade?
Cheers
The packages are very similar. I thought I had a pic of the soles somewhere but I do not. Have one from address though:

917bf5484edd26569be997ba0d69c5ee.jpg

HF2 on the left. In terms of forgiveness, turf interaction they are pretty much even Steven. C300F might have a slight edge on dispersion, couple yards maybe. Feel/sound to the HF2 by a wide margin; distance to the HF2 by 7-8 yards on average. I was really enjoying the C300F but the HF2 blew me away.

Sorry gentlemen, we were hosting family this weekend and I couldn't get near my clubs. Thanks to @JohnSinVA for providing comparison pictures so you are not subjected to my lack of photo skills.

The C300F are smaller/thinner overall as the photos show. One area not shown in the pictures is the cavity. In comparing my C200 cast 5i with my C300 forged 5i, the C300F cavity is approximately 1/8th of an inch deep (eyeballed with old man eyes).

My decision to select the C300 forged vs the C300 cast following the Wilson event was based on seeing my normal C200 ball flight (distance/dispersion) when I had demoed the C300F earlier in the year. Plus they are just really good looking irons.

Unfortunately, with the perfectly timed rain every weekend, I have only one round with my C300F since I received them. I'm confident enough in that they are a direct replacement (performance wise) for my C200's that I will be gaming them in a league tournament on the 23rd.

@topspark I'm currently a 27. Adding 2-3 strokes per hole due to becoming a blithering idiot inside 20 yards inflates the score quickly. :dohanim:
That I can understand :)
Thanks for all the info

Do you recall what was the wider sole?
I am happy with the top but would not like any thinner on the sole.
It appears the hf2 is slightly longer blade?
Cheers

It’s a wash in both blade length and sole width. The HF2 looks longer in the pic but it’s sitting slightly ahead of the 300F.

I've gamed the C200's since we got them at the Wilson Event, and with the exception of the times I've gamed the F5's, they've been in my bag. I don't recall flyers ever being an issue.

I've gamed the C200's since we got them at the Wilson Event, and with the exception of the times I've gamed the F5's, they've been in my bag. I don't recall flyers ever being an issue.

I'd definitely agree with this.

I hit some of my best "manufactured" shots with the C200s, including low-flying approaches, into wind, looking for some check-up. One in particular was during the Regional Rivalry event in Iowa - hit exactly this kind of shot, over water, to around 12-ish feet. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I have played irons, since then, where I "knew" I could make that kind of shot work, under pressure.

EDIT: I probably should've just posted this in the C200 thread. LOL.

Got a couple rounds in with my C300’s this last week.
Swing wasn’t the best, but produces some decent shots.
Through the winter, I almost forgot how easy these seem to hit.

Ball flight was good (minus a couple that I will attribute to rust in my game), distance was predictable, and my shots were largely on line.

Absolutely no complaints about these irons, and will be in my bag for some time.

Any long term feedback on users of the forged???.......or the non forged?
They're great. Seriously though, I have loved playing them.

Another round in the books with the c300 forged and I still love them. One thing I really like about this set is I do not get a huge gap between pw and gap wedge (that happened to with other sets I played that had a set gap wedge.
I hit an 8 iron for 152 that hit and stopped 3 inches from pitch mark and tap on birdie. Those that know me know 152 8 iron is big for me.
I love these irons since the day I got them.
This are the most under rated irons made IMO. One of the playing partners is thinking of buying a set after hitting mine at the range today

Also bit the bullit on a set from eBay, forged.
Only had a couple of range sessions, but at the moment these are probably one of the longest irons I have used.
I’m usually a reg flex guy, but these are a kbs stiff flex, which I thought would be a struggle, but they are going well.
I cannot wait to get on the course proper.

330af37468be828de4ed9c2fa292222d.jpg

Another round in the books with the c300 forged and I still love them. One thing I really like about this set is I do not get a huge gap between pw and gap wedge (that happened to with other sets I played that had a set gap wedge.
I hit an 8 iron for 152 that hit and stopped 3 inches from pitch mark and tap on birdie. Those that know me know 152 8 iron is big for me.
I love these irons since the day I got them.
This are the most under rated irons made IMO. One of the playing partners is thinking of buying a set after hitting mine at the range today

I was taking a hard look at them but just found a better deal with the Srixons. I still want to try these irons out though.

Back