Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Looks a bit busy from the back but the top line looks good!

I think I can safely say yours has too many 'air miles' on them now :act-up:

That's a special club from my friend Lindsey at W/S.

When I first heard that we had to wait until the New Year to read the reviews of this mystery club I was kind of bummed. After all this is the brand that a ton of folks had written off as the next Dicks in-house line, or worse Sam's.What could be so awesome that we have to wait.Is the tease worth the time?
The last few days has been really great to not only read about the C200 but to also appreciate the writing ability of many of our own THP'ers. I suspect the quality of the writing is connected to their appreciation for having been a part of the Staff Proto event back in the fall.
The business side of golf looks to be very difficult right now. It is great to see a company who went back to blocking and tackling while still understanding that innovation is the key to long-term growth.I hope it pays off for them in a big way.
Thanks to JB, the reviewers and to Wilson Staff for making this so much fun.

I game the Tour Vs right now and they have been the best decision I've made in my iron game. I'm wondering if the Tour Vs would be just as good in these because I think the only difference in the KBS tour 90's is lighter weight and a little higher launch.

I really enjoyed the reviews from both Deuce and Rusty, excellent job. I would love to check these out sometime.

These are great looking irons. The top line looks a little thinner that I was expecting, which is nice. The FLX Face and Power Holes are an interesting concept. I will definitely try to find a way to demo these.

My first sticks were the old Wilson persimmons and the 3/5/7/9 in a red Wilson bag. One of my h.s. driver was a '57 Wilson Staff that my dad used in college. And, for at least one season, I played some mid-70s Staff irons during college.

On a side note:
I had a dream last night that my family was on a plane and it was landing. During the landing one of the wings hit a concrete support and bent the wing back. Everyone was okay. We walked off the plane into the airport terminal. There was a pro shop in the terminal. I walked in to that and there was Wilson Staff items everywhere. The whole shop had a red/black/gray/white color scheme. And, Wilson Staff was the only OEM in the shop. #Fate

That's what I think is going to help me a lot - hitting a nice high trajectory so the ball comes down more vertical and hopefully with much less rollout. If that's the case, once you get distances dialed in you should be able to really up GIRs and start out with shorter putts too

That's one of my problems. I hit the green, but the ball either rolls off because my shots are too low, or it just bounces off because the greens are concrete in the summer at some of the courses around here. The C200s sound like they could be a winner.

These are good looking irons and the reviews are really positive. I would love to give these a try.

Wilson has really stepped up their game over the past couple years, both in look and technology. It looks like the top line is a little bit smaller on these too which I like.

PGA SS and Golfsmith have both tweeted and emailed that they'll have them in store as of 1/15. That's huge IMO as far as getting them in the hands of golfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the way they look. Would love to swing them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Just spoke to a master fitter in Monroe NC who is also on the W/S customer advisory staff. They indicated the C200's would arrive in his store between the 25th to the end of that week. I think that is also the week of the PGA Show.

I think the Aldila Rogue shaft in these has me just as interested as the FLX face. I've never hit a graphite iron shaft, so I'm curious to see what they could do for my game in combination with all the other tech built into the heads.

I like the idea of the flex face, and think the power holes actually make the topline look a bit smaller than it really is. Plus, bet you could paint the plastic in them for some wicked customization.

Reviews on these appear to be really good and while the holes on top are "different" (at least to me) most reviews say they don't even really notice them at address. Hope to hit them at some point fairly soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to head to my local golf store and hit these at lunch. I will report back with my experience.

After reading all these reviews, I'm interested to try these out.
Wilson has been doing some interesting stuff lately. I like the look of these.

I had to go over the pics quite a few times to really get a feeling for how they look. I wasnt sure about the top line at first but after looking at it for awhile I don't think it's too bad. Different can be good sometimes but ultimately I'd have to play with them to get the real idea but overall they are a good looking set of irons. I really am interested in the rogue shafts. I've been curious about graphite for some time now and there seems to be more and more people switching so id like to give them a try.

As I look more at the pics, I really like the looks of these. I'm honestly intrigued and will be sure to give them a full try at the big demo day in the Spring, unless I run across a fitting location before then, or if I'm lucky enough to win the set THP and Wilson are giving away!!! Winner Winner, C200 golfer!!!

I actually like the way they look. I don't think the top line would be that big of an issue, it's not like they have blinking LED's or anything. To be honest I really didn't even notice in the pictures from Duce the first time I looked at them.

I like the idea of the flex face, and think the power holes actually make the topline look a bit smaller than it really is. Plus, bet you could paint the plastic in them for some wicked customization.

I'm sure the slots could be painted, but do you think that would be distracting when addressing the ball? Maybe you would get used to it after a while.

I would think it'd be distracting if it were any other color, plus it would tick me off if the paint chipped or started fading in any way.

I'm sure the slots could be painted, but do you think that would be distracting when addressing the ball? Maybe you would get used to it after a while.

I suppose they could have colored urethane (yellow or orange anyone?) but as I mentioned in my review, the black seems to blend in so that it doesn't catch the eye. With the polished finish, rarely do you see just straight silver shining back at you with all the potential objects around just waiting to be reflected in that finish.

Back