Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Driver Preview

Will the THP van bring one of these to the outings for us to demo?

Or maybe you could make your way up to Chicago? (This may or may not be confirmed this week!)

Or maybe you could make your way up to Chicago? (This may or may not be confirmed this week!)
That would be awesome, but I probably won't get picked for that trip. I'll probably have to settle for finding a dealer in the DFW area that carries them.

Last edited:
Like the shaft options.

All of Wilson Staff's new stuff looks fantastic. The face on that driver reminds me of some of Cobras later offerings.

Thanks for sharing the pages from the Spring catalog. I think this is an awesome line.I hope retailers will give them some space.I wear their tour glove and even that is better than anything I have tried.:wilsonstaff:

Everything I've read has mentioned adjustable loft, but I haven't reason anything about face angle adjustment.

Can anyone who has seen these clubs comment on whether the face is open, neutral or closed?

Everything I've read has mentioned adjustable loft, but I haven't reason anything about face angle adjustment.

Can anyone who has seen these clubs comment on whether the face is open, neutral or closed?

typically if it has loft adjustment, face angle changes with it.

I hope that Wilson has planned to market these great products to the best of their ability. As many of us believe too many golfers simply do not understand how good this stuff is.

Just hit the new M3 irons and they are fantastic. May have some issue with finish IMO but a very solid iron in every way. I must have hit 100 balls. And the new tour level ball coming out is a great offering.

TapAhoy!

Just hit the new M3 irons and they are fantastic. May have some issue with finish IMO but a very solid iron in every way. I must have hit 100 balls. And the new tour level ball coming out is a great offering.

TapAhoy!
Where did you get to hit them?

Do the faces set square or closed?

Only 15 more days till release. I'll be hunting this bad boy down to demo for sure.

Hurry up Wilson I need to hit this driver in a bad way.

Launch date for the whole new FG Tour line is tomorrow!

I need to call around & see who has these drivers to hit.

Launch date for the whole new FG Tour line is tomorrow!

I need to call around & see who has these drivers to hit.

:bananadance::alien2::banana:

I think this line looks great, I would really like to see some of the tour pros gaming these this season.

This driver looks amazing.

Euro Pros Marcel Siem & Paul Lawrie are gaming the FG Tour M3 irons & wedges.

Not sure if anyone has the woods in the bag (which would be even better to me).

Euro Pros Marcel Siem & Paul Lawrie are gaming the FG Tour M3 irons & wedges.

Not sure if anyone has the woods in the bag (which would be even better to me).

The woods are what I was talking about, it seems like their guys only play W/S irons & wedges.

These hit retail stores today.
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE:

CHICAGO, January 17, 2014 – Wilson Staff, the iron manufacturer with more majors won than any other golf brand, introduces a new family of “F”, or “Feel”, products within its 2014 equipment line.

Following a successful release of the D100 family of products – tailored for the “D” player seeking distance and accuracy – Wilson Staff will launch a full line specifically for the Feel player. As defined by Wilson Staff in its F-C-D player profiling, the Feel player is more often the low handicap player who relies on impact feedback and values precision and shot-shaping ability.

Designed with extensive input from Wilson Staff tour professionals regarding the look, sound and feel of each product, the new Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 irons, driver, fairway woods and hybrids allow players everywhere to personalize their game.

Multi Fit System™

The unique Wilson Staff Multi Fit System allows players to customize loft and weight to optimize ball flight in all of the new FG Tour M3 metal woods and hybrids. Six adjustable hosel settings and three interchangeable sole weights can be modified to maximize club head and ball speeds, while obtaining the right launch angle and spin rate for enhanced distances. Responding to the trend of tour players putting lighter equipment into play, the Wilson Staff research and development team has set out to infuse The Right Light™ technology, geared for the better player, into the new FG Tour M3 clubs. Optimizing the head, shaft and grip weight across each type of club has proven to increase both distance and control for players at all calibers.

Shaft: Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Shaft: Aldila RIP Phenom NL 60

Grip: Lamkin Crossline Black 360

FG Tour M3 Driver

Wilson Staff’s first adjustable driver features six separate loft settings and three performance-enhancing sole weight options:
· The loft and sole weight options in the Multi Fit System make this driver customizable for optimized trajectory and increased club head speeds.
· A variable thickness face maximizes CT across the face and increases ball speeds.
· The lighter chemically-etched crown helps create a favorable sound and ideal mass redistribution.
· The deep face, smaller footprint and tour-preferred pear shape make the 460cc head appear more compact at address.
· An iced matte painted crown and black PVD finish provides an understated yet performance inspiring look.

The driver head comes set at an initial loft of 9.5°. Based on the player’s preferred ball flight, lofts can be adjusted from 8.5° to 11.5° in half degree increments.

Shaft: Aldila RIP Phenom 65

FG Tour M3 Fairway Woods

Also featuring six loft settings and three performance-enhancing sole weight options, the FG Tour M3 fairway wood is ideal for Feel players off the tee and from the fairway or rough:
· The loft and sole weight options in the Multi Fit System make these fairway woods customizable for ideal trajectory and increased club head speeds.
· Variable thickness face and crown elements allow mass to be moved to optimize center of gravity and increase ball speeds.

The three head options come standard at initial lofts of 13.5°, 15.0° and 17.0°. Based on the player’s preferred flight, lofts can be adjusted from 12.5° to 19.0° in half degree increments, depending on the respective head.

Shaft: Aldila RIP Phenom 85

FG Tour M3 Hybrids

Wilson Staff created the FG Tour M3 hybrids to perfectly compliment the FG Tour M3 irons and serve as a long iron replacement option:
· The Multi Fit System in the hybrids offers three loft settings in each head and the same three lofts at 2° upright lie angles - along with three sole weight options - for optimized trajectory and increased club head speeds.
· Loft changes allow Feel players to optimize distance and trajectory.
· Lie changes allow Feel players to improve control and turf interaction.

The four head options come standard at initial lofts of 17.0°, 19.0°, 21.0° and 23.0°. Based on the player’s preferred flight, lofts can be adjusted from 16.0° to 24.0° in half degree increments with upright options, depending on the respective head.

A Multi Fit System pouch will be included with every driver, fairway wood and hybrid purchase. Each pouch will contain an adjustability wrench, 3-gram and 11-gram sole weights (7-gram weight comes installed on all models) and an instructional booklet.

Shaft: Aldila RIP Phenom 95 Shaft: Dynamic Gold XP
Grip: Lamkin Crossline Black

FG Tour M3 Irons

Forged forgiveness headlines the all-new FG Tour M3 irons. Constructed with extensive input from Wilson Staff tour professionals, the FG Tour M3 has the look, feel and workability of a forged player’s iron, while delivering an unexpected level of forgiveness:

· Forged from 8620 carbon steel with a matte black PVD finish.
· Progressive cavity design with optimized weight placement within each head. Mass is placed where it will benefit the golfer:
· Near the topline: thin on all irons for a lower center of gravity and great feel.
· Near the impact area: thinner in the long irons for increased ball speeds and distance, transitioning to thicker in the short irons for precision and workability.
· In the heel and toe area: as much mass as possible moved to the heel and toe in the long irons for an increased MOI and more forgiveness, transitioning to a more uniform thickness in the short irons for consistency and repeatability.

“Wilson Staff is dedicated to helping golfers play their best and having custom fit, personalized equipment is the best way to make that happen,” explains Global Director of R&D Michael Vrska. “We believe strongly in adjustability, especially for what we identify as a Feel player, so that trajectory can be optimized and ball speed can be maximized. The FG Tour M3 products and Multi Fit System will make a sometimes confusing task easier to understand and implement. We want golfers to go to the tee with clubs that are right for them.
Remember, this is your game, make it personal.”.

Manufacturer’s Advertised Prices:

Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 irons (4-PW, GW) - $899.99 (graphite) & $799.99 (steel) Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 driver - $349.99
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 fairway woods - $219.99
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 hybrids - $199.99

I'm a C player that wants to hit the F driver. Hmmm....Chi-town?

Do it Cookie. We'll make a fun weekend of it.

I'm going looking this weekend to see if I can find the new line. I can't wait everything looks awesome.

I hit this driver, along the a Big Bertha, Bio Cell, 913D, Altutude, G25, and Optiforce. The Wilson was the longest by far. I will have to try the new 588 Custom, but it looks as if a Wilson will be in my bag this season. The sound was a little funky, but the length was no joke.

Back