Wilson Staff Model Blade and CB Irons

@MtlJeff - Jeff, yes they do. I am also a lefty and tested them out last week. All three new iron types this year are available in Lefty!!!

oh cool, thanks! What did you think of them? Any way you could describe the head size a bit? Is it a small blade?

For example i use 0317ST and they are not the different in head size from the Apex CB, maybe a tiny bit smaller.

oh cool, thanks! What did you think of them? Any way you could describe the head size a bit? Is it a small blade?

For example i use 0317ST and they are not the different in head size from the Apex CB, maybe a tiny bit smaller.

I don't use blades, so not an expert on them. But since it was quiet in the store, the Wilson rep had some fun with me, and we tried all three new models with multiple shafts. So I got to try their new blades as well as the CBs - which is more my speed. Comparing the 2, the Blades are a little thinner and smaller in head size. But not much of a noticeable difference at all.

I don't use blades, so not an expert on them. But since it was quiet in the store, the Wilson rep had some fun with me, and we tried all three new models with multiple shafts. So I got to try their new blades as well as the CBs - which is more my speed. Comparing the 2, the Blades are a little thinner and smaller in head size. But not much of a noticeable difference at all.

got it, if the difference isn't huge between the CB and blade it's likely on the larger size (for a blade of course). This is what i prefer, as mentioned the 0317ST are fairly playable.

I used Wilson Pi5 back in the day. Might be fun to give them another go.

Plus i like being different.

got it, if the difference isn't huge between the CB and blade it's likely on the larger size (for a blade of course). This is what i prefer, as mentioned the 0317ST are fairly playable.

I used Wilson Pi5 back in the day. Might be fun to give them another go.

Plus i like being different.
Dating back to the FG100 blades up to the current offering,they’ve all been a touch larger for a true blade. I’ve played them minus the current offering. I’ve resorted back to my FG17 which is way smaller and to my liking as well.

Looks like Saturday might be the day to go track the CB’s down and hit them.

IMG_1832.jpegIMG_1834.jpeg

These might be the best looking irons on the market currently.

Screenshot_20240327_161441_Chrome.jpg
Check your local pga superstores

I will own a set of Wilson Blades at some point. They're so pretty.

Just bumping this thread. These seem to be really good irons. More people should give them a try.

I built a set of these but the 2021 CBs that I got for cheap. Put in some X100 and these clubs are really good. They look great at address and are more forgiving than you would think.

Just bumping this thread. These seem to be really good irons. More people should give them a try.
I’m sure they would if they were easier to find.

That’s the reality of what Wilson is facing.

I’m sure they would if they were easier to find.

That’s the reality of what Wilson is facing.
Come to Wilmywood, there’s two sets here. Hunt Golf in Burlington has them too.

That has little to do with it being difficult to find Wilson clubs to demo. It’s a real issue, and something they have to address.
JMan’s not wrong. I travel the South for work and many shops don’t support Wilson. Hopefully that changes.
A couple of our favorite scribes at THP have had positive things to say about Wilson of late. Can’t buy em if they ain’t there.

Back