Wilson Staff Model Blade and CB Irons

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Wilson Staff makes great players irons. Let’s just get that out of the way. It’s their niche, though sometimes we wonder why they don’t lean into that niche just a little harder. As the primary source of the brand’s Tour play, and known for their iconic looks, they deserve to be showed off. I remember the first set of Staff irons I unboxed, 2011’s FG Tour V2 set, and the excitement I felt that day was genuine. They probably overmatched my skill level, but I played them faithfully for a substantial amount of time and still can see all the little divots and marks that bag chatter imparted on them. If there’s a t-shirt with an FG Tour V2 on it out there, feel free to send it my way.

Continue reading...

This end of their lineup always looks so good, little beyond my abilities wish the designs made it over to the GI like other companies manage to do.

Extremely well written article. I don’t have the skills for these clubs but I’m hopeful that they set the bar for the iron set just below these. Looking forward to what’s ahead.

Man their blades always seem to look really good.

I had the D7 Forged when they came out and really like those irons. These looks so good and reaffirms my soft spot for Wilson irons.

great article @Hawk ! Those are good looking irons, especially the blades.

Great write up @Hawk . These are 2 good looking sets of irons. Love the less is more vibe.

The CB's have my interest. Nice article, Hawk.

Good stuff @Hawk ! These are tremendous looking. Love the modern look with the blank shield. Hopefully, Wilson will carry that look going forward.

Its a good looking set of irons that will do the exact job designed to do. Likely be forgotten about due to some reasons other than performance. The blade doesn't look great to me.

Nice write up @Hawk They are certainly great looking irons - Classic look.

Listen, I don't think there are many in this segment who make a better looking iron. I love them.

Crushing I Love You GIF by MOODMAN

I would gladly welcome the early onset arthritis to play the Staff Model Blades.

Those are so clean looking. I'm not a huge fan of the blank shield look, but that's a minor quibble. The CBs almost remind me a bit of the FG Tour F5 irons in the badging, and that's a good thing.

Nice writeup @Hawk These irons are really nice looking, well beyond my skill level, but really really nice looking.

Those CBs are nice!

Great write up, and these clubs are beautiful. Could not agree more that this should be their entire focus.

I’m a GI player, but might aspire to these if you tell me the right story, and position them correctly.

Great write up @hawk. My first set bought with my own $ were staffs back in 1973. Have a set of D7 but really want to give these in CB a look.

These look really clean. The shield without the W/S looks weird to me and I can't decide if I like it or not. Shaping and lines look good, I bet they feel pretty good too.

These look really clean. The shield without the W/S looks weird to me and I can't decide if I like it or not. Shaping and lines look good, I bet they feel pretty good too.
I think as far as the shield goes, and the Wilson scripting for that matter, I just want them to commit and then lean into it. I actually love the shield and have grown to accept the scripting. Just hoping they don't bail on both next time around.

Nicely done @Jman @Hawk

Man when WIlson wants to push out this type of iron, they sure do make them look pretty.

My hot take is that Wilson makes the best looking traditional blades of them all.

I think as far as the shield goes, and the Wilson scripting for that matter, I just want them to commit and then lean into it. I actually love the shield and have grown to accept the scripting. Just hoping they don't bail on both next time around.
I saw pictures of the repainted and wrapped Wilson Staff tour truck on IG. It has the new shield and script. I guess we will see if their committed once they launch the next line of woods. Hopefully they’ll use the new shield on hats, gloves, bags, umbrellas etc. I keep reading that they want to re-establish themself as a premium brand. Time they act like one. If I were them I’d dump red as the primary brand color. But that’s me.

Back