Wilson Staff Model Blade and CB Irons

I always like to watch the CC crew. Irons showed pretty well there, though I feel like Ian makes just about everything look great lol. He starts by saying he sucks with blades and then just stripes them.

Hoping these make their way to us soon.

I will definitely test these. Played the V4 and Staff Model CB previously. Honestly wouldn't buy a set new though. They will be basically half off on the used market later this year. WS doesn't do well with resale value.

This is probably not an opinion shared by many, but I think they ruined a great, clean looking head with those aerobic socks masquerading as ferrules.
Horrible.
I say it all of the time. The demand for a clean head, and then adding the least clean looking thing ever at the ferrule is hysterical to me.

Horrible.
I say it all of the time. The demand for a clean head, and then adding the least clean looking thing ever at the ferrule is hysterical to me.
What did those poor irons ever do to loggerhead to be desecrated in that way.

This is probably not an opinion shared by many, but I think they ruined a great, clean looking head with those aerobic socks masquerading as ferrules.
@Hawk is skyfisting today! :LOL: I'll give you that the grips are aesthetically pleasing, but I would never use that type of grip. I probably would have chosen something more subdued in the black/silver category for a ferrule, but a nice pop of color is ok. Especially, if it is matching the head covers and bag.

What did those poor irons ever do to loggerhead to be desecrated in that way.
They struggle with embargo times :ROFLMAO:

@Hawk is skyfisting today! :LOL: I'll give you that the grips are aesthetically pleasing, but I would never use that type of grip. I probably would have chosen something more subdued in the black/silver category for a ferrule, but a nice pop of color is ok. Especially, if it is matching the head covers and bag.
Blech!!

I'm ok with wild ferrules. But man, like you said such a clean looking head and now they look like they've been vandalized.

Seriously though. These could show up any time. I’m tired along wondering how they are. What a combo set a 5/6h and 7-PW CB would make.

Seriously though. These could show up any time. I’m tired along wondering how they are. What a combo set a 5/6h and 7-PW CB would make.
wait, are you about to expedite the hawkponder stage?

Why am I not surprised.
They called me wrong. Then removed the post because evidently I was not wrong. Im sure that apology is on its way.
Either way, yes they struggle with dates.

That being said, its a good looking set of irons that I am sure some people will be happy with.

Geez, I really didn't need to see that video. I need another set of irons like I need a tax increase but I've been itching to get a set of CBs for a while and these look amazing. It's a real shame their stuff doesn't get more love. They make irons that can compete with anybody and with their history all it would take is a little marketing budget to really put them back on the map.

good writeup. Actually will be testing them out myself in 2 weeks time.

good writeup. Actually will be testing them out myself in 2 weeks time.
Nice. Are you planning on getting fit? They should have the new fitting system in place by then.

Nice. Are you planning on getting fit? They should have the new fitting system in place by then.
PGATourSuperstore has a demo day with Wilson. So its an hour to try the Wilson clubs, and yes, based on experience there, they do some fitting- changing you in and out of different shafts. This may be the year I switch out my irons so want to see whats out there. And this is a free- somewhat fitting - chance to try the clubs out.

PGATourSuperstore has a demo day with Wilson. So its an hour to try the Wilson clubs, and yes, based on experience there, they do some fitting- changing you in and out of different shafts. This may be the year I switch out my irons so want to see whats out there. And this is a free- somewhat fitting - chance to try the clubs out.
Cool. They may have the new AI system too. It looks similar to the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer. Let us know how it goes.

Wondering if I can find the CB’s in person at PGA SS…..

Are the blades available lefty? Their website says no but @Hawk initial article says yes

For the price, maybe i'd give them a run

Are the blades available lefty? Their website says no but @Hawk initial article says yes

For the price, maybe i'd give them a run

@MtlJeff - Jeff, yes they do. I am also a lefty and tested them out last week. All three new iron types this year are available in Lefty!!!

Back