Windows 10 anyone?

I don't use any new Microsoft OS until after the first Service Pack comes out.

Throwing caution into the wind here, downloading now.

Not even thinking about it until at least 6 months from now, to see what bugs it has that need to be worked out. Perfectly happy with 7 Pro

I'm still on 95.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I upgraded. It's ok. Nothing amazing or disappointing really. I like the Edge browser but no Mac or iOS version to sync with kills it for me

Just spent about an hour upgrading to Windows 10 and so far so good. Only a slightly different look but it seems to work flawlessly. Anyone else upgraded yet? Hoping we might share tips and tricks here as we discover them.

Mods, I did not find a thread on this so if there is one please merge this with it.

I have not but plan to being it is FREE!

I've been using it for a few months now. Edge sucks download chrome. Full screen apps are stupid unless you're on a tablet.

Other than that it has worked pretty well. It is a lot faster to get things done compared to 8.

I downloaded it on Thursday night. Haven't messed around with it much yet. Seems to be working well on my Surface though.

Throwing caution into the wind here, downloading now.

Well if we don't hear from you again we know what happened. :)

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Burning a disc right now...do we just use our old product key (Win 7 in my case) when prompted?

Nevermind, found my own answer. I may not install tonight, but getting ready.

Well if we don't hear from you again we know what happened. :)

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro
Ta-daaaa

Only thing weird so far is my numpad on my laptop isn't num-ing.

Oh really? Did you download it from the Microsoft?

In the bottom right hand corner of both of my laptops was an icon from MS that offered the upgrade, I just clicked the link a month or so ago to reserve my spot. If you don't have the icon I guess you could just go to the Microsoft website and down load it if you have Windows 7 or 8. Give it a try.

Ta-daaaa

Only thing weird so far is my numpad on my laptop isn't num-ing.

When I saw this I hit my #'s pad keys and nothing happened and I thought oh crud, then I hit the Num Lock and everything was back to normal. I thought I had the same problem lol.

I'm going IPad the next time I update my internet toy. I don't use any of the office package so basically a browser is all I need ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windows 10 anyone?

Free OS upgrades. Welcome to the new decade, Windows.

(I've enjoyed 7 since being forced back to a PC at work)

I don't use any new Microsoft OS until after the first Service Pack comes out.

from what I hear and understand no more service packs and nor more update Tuesdays. Will be just regular updates whenever the become available.

That's what I'm thinking. In fact it might help some of the crap that went down on our laptop like loosing the sound. I downloaded new driver and did all I know ( old computer tech) and never could get the sound back on this HP laptop. Now when you're typing, out of the blue the cursor hops back to the beginnning and you have to start all over. I come so close to throwing this sucker up against the wall it's not funny.

Got three HPs, and not a fan of HP either, but that jumping cursor thing can happen just from the heat of your palms as you type on the keyboard and get too close to the mouse touch pad. Try to keep your wrists to the outside of the keyboard - my cursor did exactly what you described as I typed this! Also you can get back what you lost - hold the CTRL button and press Z.

Hope that helps.

from what I hear and understand no more service packs and nor more update Tuesdays. Will be just regular updates whenever the become available.

Then I am waiting six months.

Downloaded and installed 10 on my HP Pavilion, and it crashed. When it finally booted up, the desktop image kept flashing non stop. Goggled the problem on wife's computer, lots of people with lots of different computer manufacturers having the same problem.

Had no other option but to reinstall Windows 7. I would suggest waiting a few weeks until Microsoft gets the bugs out.

Downloaded and installed 10 on my HP Pavilion, and it crashed. When it finally booted up, the desktop image kept flashing non stop. Goggled the problem on wife's computer, lots of people with lots of different computer manufacturers having the same problem.

Had no other option but to reinstall Windows 7. I would suggest waiting a few weeks until Microsoft gets the bugs out.

Thanks for the message. I'm going to just wait until I buy a new laptop.

I just put it on my HP Pavilion running a Core i3 chip & 4GB. So far, I'm really liking it. My fan's been running non-stop but that may be to it still doing stuff in the background.

My wife upgraded her Toshiba touchscreen laptop to Win10 a few days ago and she absolutely loves it.

Got three HPs, and not a fan of HP either, but that jumping cursor thing can happen just from the heat of your palms as you type on the keyboard and get too close to the mouse touch pad. Try to keep your wrists to the outside of the keyboard - my cursor did exactly what you described as I typed this! Also you can get back what you lost - hold the CTRL button and press Z.

Hope that helps.

On my Lenovo hitting the F6 key deactivates the touch pad, I am a mouse guy so I always deactivate the touch pad.

I guess I have been lucky, absolutely no problems and the look of W10 seems to be cleaner to me. It also seems to move faster between pages when surfing the net.

My upgrade to 10 went pretty seamlessly, though the Edge browser is a bit wonky with this forum and others

My upgrade to 10 went pretty seamlessly, though the Edge browser is a bit wonky with this forum and others

Same here. I pulled up Deadspin in Edge and it displayed Chinese characters instead of text. I'll stick with Chrome & Firefox for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back