Women are the WORST side seat drivers!

There's hope. My generation actually makes them take turns driving now. No matter how close we are to death, I don't say anything. Still alive and half as many fights (knock on wood).

Based on the PN plates driving around my home state, I think wives up there are correct.

Get out of the left lane going 45 in a 65.
Turn your blinker off, you are not making a right around the world.
You don’t need to stop on a major road to change lanes, cars can move laterally.

I’m riding with the females complaining about the driving. It’s that bad

My wife is directionally challenged. Thats the PC version. She knows it which gives me some comfort, but not much.

Haha. I'm with you. No way to fix it:censored:

My wife is your typical farm girl. She can shoot, she can handle animals, and she has an uncanny sense of direction. We could be going somewhere 300 miles from home we havent been to in a year and without looking up from her book will say "Your turn is coming up in a mile". And she is right. I have a reputation for having a great internal GPS with very wide ranging internal base maps, but I have nothing on her.

Last edited:
Drives me absolutely crazy. Please do tell me how awful my driving is while you nap, scroll your phone, or snack on the ride wherever we're going. My personal favorite is when people try to merge into my lane on the highway and it's my fault for "being so close". I'm passing or being passed by a vehicle on a two lane highway, wtf do you expect me to do? As you might have guessed this scenario played out last night and I'm still irritated this morning 😂

i NEED my wife to tell me where to go. my sense of direction is the direct opposite of reality. if i think it’s a left turn, it’s a right. her sense is really good, and she knows how to get around our city so much better than i. even though i’ve lived here twice as long.

she definitely overreacts to traffic, though. someone merges into our lane 3 or 4 car lengths ahead, she gasps and braces for impact. in her defense she experienced a pretty traumatic accident 7 or 8 years ago and has never fully recovered emotionally.

I'll just say that the Minister would fit in perfectly with the drivers in Florida that @JB is always complaining about. 😕

Very rarely does my wife complain about my driving. More than not, she will encourage me to pass those slomos.

“No comment”

I will say that my end will come due to sunlight reflecting off my wife’s iPhone screen and blinding me.

My luck, it’ll be a pretty steep cliff that I don’t see up ahead

There I said it.

Women never want to drive, but they sure want to tell you everything about how to drive the entire time.

Love my wife except when we’re in the car. 😂
Thats why I just let my wife drive and pretend that shes a better driver than I am. At some point its better to just let her drive and not have to listen to her tell you that you drive too slow, give you last second directions of where to turn and tell you the whole time that shes a better driver than you are. Sometimes the ultimate power move is just saying, "Ok" and moving on.

Google maps app might save your marriage.

My wife has the family car, I have the toy, so she drives if ever we’re going anywhere. As driving anywhere round here is a complete PITA, I’m happy with that arrangement.

Based on the PN plates driving around my home state, I think wives up there are correct.

Get out of the left lane going 45 in a 65.
Turn your blinker off, you are not making a right around the world.
You don’t need to stop on a major road to change lanes, cars can move laterally.

I’m riding with the females complaining about the driving. It’s that bad
While I stand behind this post, can we get a wellness check on @fuffle master

For my it has become a self fulfilling prophecy. She always gives me directions. On the rare occasion she doesn’t, I miss turns because I no longer pay attention to where I’m going when she is with me so she thinks I don’t know where I’m going 😂

I mean there is a reason they pulled the commercial with safe drivers checks. Saying women are better drivers.😆

I tell my wife to let me know who is driving on every dumb, slow, haven't a clue, move we see. Yup, she isn't to happy about it. Haha.

The Mrs is good when I'm driving, maybe she trusts me. Not the same when the roles are reversed, though.

She persistently follows too closely. Doesn't tailgate but not at a safe distance relative to speed, either. Simply no way that she could stop in time nor avoid collision if the car in front were to suddenly stop.

On two-way roads, she hugs the far right side, driving on the white line marking the road's edge. And she wonders why she gets flat tires so often.

Also, when changing lanes and merging on the highway, she always decels into the lane change. Mostly, just with foot off the gas, but sometimes she'll tap the brakes when it's entirely unnecessary. No degree of my telling her to either accelerate into the lane change or maintain the speed of that lane's traffic has had an impact. Very importantly too, tapping the brakes can cause a chain reaction and an accident either near or far back.

The fact that I was a police officer who handled hundreds of vehicle accidents will never matter.

So, she only drives us when I'm exhausted on long trips or doctor visits (mostly epidural shots) when I cannot. And I hate it.

My Mom was the consummate "assistant" driver! I think that's all that needs to be said.

I can honestly say, I haven't experienced this with Mrs. blugold. She's just fine as a passenger.

(y)

Back