World Woods being acquired by the Cabot Links Group

Man… If Coore/Crenshaw do this reno on PB, it could be pretty spectacular if they get carte blanche on what to do with the green complexes. I’m not super sold on Gil Hanse designs, but I could see him on Rolling Oaks and probably making a pretty good compliment course.

Anyone but Nicklaus.

Love Coore/Crenshaw. We both were not a fan of Streamsong Black by Hanse, but he absolutely crushed the Oakland Hills redesign.

Love Coore/Crenshaw. We both were not a fan of Streamsong Black by Hanse, but he absolutely crushed the Oakland Hills redesign.

Black is the third best course on property, nicest way to describe it. I hate it, but it’s also the course I’ve played the best both times. So.. that’s stupid.

Can't wait to see what they have in store for this one. Looking forward to going to Cabot Nova Scotia some day and have been selling the in-laws on Cabot St. Lucia as a nice winter destination for a trip some day. Now we have to add this beauty to the list.

Seeing Cabot Citrus is only about an hour from the Villages, where we have some family friends.

Announcing Our Golf Course Architects!
We are excited to share the architecture partners that will lead the golf course re-design at Cabot Citrus Farms: Keith Rhebb & Riley Johns, Kyle Franz, and Mike Nuzzo.

Considered among the best in their field, we are confident they will deliver a golf experience worth celebrating! Below are brief profiles of each partner introducing their design approach and background. We can't wait to see the transformations begin!

Rhebb & Johns Golf Design
Keith Rhebb & Riley Johns have been appointed to renovate Rolling Oaks, already considered one of the top golf courses in the state of Florida. With over 40-years of combined experience working on some of the most acclaimed golf properties, this duo is no stranger to Cabot.

Keith Rhebb has been in the golf course construction/design industry for over 20 years. As a design associate for Coore & Crenshaw for the last 15 years, he’s shaped and/or managed construction of many courses around the world, including Cabot Cliffs (Nova Scotia, Canada), Barnbougle Lost Farm (Tasmania, Australia), Streamsong Red (Streamsong, Florida), Ozarks National (Branson, Missouri), Kapalua (Maui, Hawaii), Sheep Ranch (Bandon, Oregon), and most recently working on Point Hardy Golf Club (Cabot Saint Lucia). He’s also been involved in several high-profile renovations, including Old Town Club (Winston-Salem, North Carolina) and Yokohama Country Club (Yokohama, Japan).

Riley Johns has been involved in the golf industry for over 20 years. Beginning his career in turf maintenance, Riley eventually became an associate with Coore & Crenshaw and played a big role in shaping Cabot Cliffs at Cabot Cape Breton. Riley has also been involved in other high-profile projects, including Ozarks National (Branson, Missouri), Kapalua (Maui, Hawaii), Bougle Run (Tasmania, Australia), and Te Arai Links (Mangawhai, New Zealand).

"We are excited to unlock the potential of Rolling Oaks and have the opportunity to work with Ben Cowan-Dewar and the Cabot team, sharing in their enthusiasm for finely crafted golf. We look forward to applying our strengths and experience to design and build a course that is engaging, aesthetically pleasing, and fun," said Keith and Riley.
Kyle Franz Golf Design
Kyle Franz will lead the renovation of Pine Barrens, a previous mainstay on the World Top 100 list. Kyle is an accomplished golf course architect, consultant, builder, and project manager with over 20 years of experience. Another familiar face to Cabot, Kyle worked with Rod Whitman to bring Cabot Links at Cabot Cape Breton to life. He has played a key role creating several of the most innovative and acclaimed courses featured in American and World Top 100 rankings, including Pacific Dunes in Bandon, Oregon and Barnbougle Dunes in Australia. Kyle acted as an onsite representative throughout the building of the 2016 Olympics Course in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for Hanse Golf Design. Kyle’s project as architect at Mid Pines Inn & Golf Club won the 2013 Golf Magazine Resort Renovation of the Year Award.

“Cabot Citrus Farms is going to be an extraordinary destination and we are thrilled to be a part of this effort,” said Kyle Franz. “Our goal for Pine Barrens is to take its dramatic, sandy land and maximize it into one of the most spectacular golf courses in the region and country. In our view, the perfect formula for Pine Barrens combines rugged sandscapes and vegetation that meld with the natural topography, classical contouring and creative short grass recovery shots around the greens, and wider corridors of play. The updated routing will also feature multiple strategic routes to the pin, fascinating grassing patterns, and varied tee box placements so that players get a new experience every time they tee it up.”
Nuzzo Course Design
Mike Nuzzo will lead the re-design of the current short course and practice facilities, as well as the design of a new 9-hole course at Cabot Citrus Farms. With the goal of creating enjoyable courses that inspire people to play, Nuzzo is best known as the designer of Wolf Point Club in Port Lavacca - the number one golf course in Texas. Mike has also been involved in renovating and improving a 100-year-old club in Long Island and an exclusive private club in Houston. Additionally, he led the redesign of Memorial Park with Tom Doak, a municipal course in Houston that is the current host of the Houston Open.

Nuzzo favors original and interesting golf holes unlike any he’s seen before, especially when they blend into the environment. As a former aerospace design engineer who launched satellite antennas to Mars and into geosynchronous orbits, Nuzzo has spent the past 20 years bringing a rigorous perspective to the efficiency and creativity of golf course design.

Expressing his excitement for this project, Nuzzo said: "Both the site and the client are essential to creating a special golf course. It is the best clients that allow for the most potential. At Cabot we have the best of both worlds: a natural sandy site and an innovative, forward-thinking client. Having fewer traditional golf constraints for our portion of the project presents an extra layer of opportunity for creativity. We’re looking forward to seeing the whole project come together!"

Golf Club at Cuscowilla - Georgia - Best In State Golf Course (top100golfcourses.com)

If you like Coore and Crenshaw and are in Georgia, try this one, it is a beauty.
Funny, This club was just bantered around as to acceptability of rater visits. Response was a mixed bag. Anyway, I will be circling back with you. I have a very close bud who is at Hammock Dunes near where you will be in December. He's one of my 4 on first part of my Scottish foray in August. I have to figure out a few things though. Will you be solo in December?

I will be solo for the first couple of days and will be in a group of 30+ at Sawgrass. Probably arrive 29th, first round at Sawgrass on 2nd December.

GAGT - Global Amateur Golf Tour (eagt.co.uk)

Will be flying into Orlando, no direct flights to Jacksonville from UK.

I will be solo for the first couple of days and will be in a group of 30+ at Sawgrass. Probably arrive 29th, first round at Sawgrass on 2nd December.

GAGT - Global Amateur Golf Tour (eagt.co.uk)

Will be flying into Orlando, no direct flights to Jacksonville from UK.
Let me do some homework and figure out a couple things. I'll circle back. Maybe see if you can meet up with my bud and i for a couple prior to TPC Saw...(y)

That would be great.

BTW the event opened with 36 slots, and has now been expanded to 57

That would be great.

BTW the event opened with 36 slots, and has now been expanded to 57
Wow...I'll be back, Will take a little while though. My bud is a snow bird and usually spends Thanksgiving North. So he has to huddle with wife and figure out their southern timing.

Whatever that is, it wants me to register.

Whatever that is, it wants me to register.

Sorry, Popped right up for me. It's a nice article about the guy, Rick Kelso who went on board originally and has stayed thru thick and thin to manage World Woods.

Sorry, Popped right up for me. It's a nice article about the guy, Rick Kelso who went on board originally and has stayed thru thick and thin to manage World Woods.
Yes, it looks like you at least need to register for a complimentary golfers journal account in order to read the article. I'm sure it's harmless

Latest from Cabot Citrus Farms.....Looks fantastic

Interesting - I had heard they were creating brand new holes, although many of them look very familiar. with the main differences being a cleaner waste area, less trees, and some more "hair" at the top of the bunkers. I think that makes sense - the Pine Barrens course always received rave reviews, even when it wasn't in very good shape. A rebrand with better conditions and some routing tweaks would create an amazing course.

I'll definitely miss the $45 green fee I paid out there two years ago though...

@MWard
I'm not tagging you for s***s and giggles this time. Lets do it.

Anyone hear of an expected reopen date?

Anyone hear of an expected reopen date?
At the moment, All that is reported is later in 2023. I'm sure I'll hear more shortly and report back.

Back