Would Rory leave for LIV

Today? I bet Rory's number is MUCH smaller than that.
That is a pretty recent number. Rahm got 600 right? Rory is still a bigger fish.. probably only second to Tiger.

Oh, I am so far ahead of myself when it comes to things like these.
Fair. This thread is miles out over its skis to begin with. lol

That is a pretty recent number. Rahm got 600 right? Rory is still a bigger fish.. probably only second to Tiger.
I'd argue Rahm is the bigger get between the two, but I understand what you're saying.

That in mind, every big name that goes I think shrinks the next guys number.

How much do you think LIV will offer Rory upfront? 1/4 of a billion? I think I would be shaking not only my head, but their 'right' hand. after the back stab he took, you can only take so much, and hang in there so long.

I can totally see Rory going to LIV. Rory is moving to London probably because of being really fed up with the US media and US public backlash and wants to get away from it. However, he did say that LIV never gave him an offer, so not sure what is up with that.

I'd argue Rahm is the bigger get between the two, but I understand what you're saying.

Maybe. I won’t say you’re wrong and that makes sense. Just the number I heard. If I was Rory, I would sign up for $100 bill sign it and hand it to Jay…

its like NFL QB contracts. It's all about when you sign that deal.

BTW, I'm ready for Full Swing season 2.

900 mil and he’s gone

its like NFL QB contracts. It's all about when you sign that deal.
Some times big numbers breed bigger numbers too..

true...ask TaylorMade
I know what killed taylormade.. and I could fix it tomorrow. They don’t even have to pay me a lot..

There seems to be some smoke. At this point I would love for it to happen. I am in much more of an F the tour mode these days. I kinda hate that they ruined pro golf.

It’s being talked about around the circles.

They didn't ruin pro golf, LIV did, specifically Greg Norman and his vendetta.

Time will tell whether it can be repaired.

Maybe. I won’t say you’re wrong and that makes sense. Just the number I heard. If I was Rory, I would sign up for $100 bill sign it and hand it to Jay…
What makes it a maybe?

Rahm is on an upward trajectory and has been relevant in Majors. Rory has won 'stuff' but hasn't been on Rahm's level so far as I can tell.

I think Rahm is without question the bigger fish in terms of talent. Rory moves the needle for a lot of people though, so I don't think it would be purely about his play. It would be partly for the name recognition and partly (hugely?) a spite move toward Jay and the Tour. LIV probably isn't feeling a lot of goodwill after Jay brokered the deal with all the U.S. investors and shut the PIF out of the deal.

there's a perfectly reasonable argument that their actions leading up to LIV existing played a pretty heavy role in this.

I'm hard pressed to think that's not accurate.

While I kind of agree. The tour’s and specifically Jay’s arrogance created a weakness and a doorway for LIV to exist to begin with.. they thought they were untouchable..

What makes it a maybe?

Rahm is on an upward trajectory and has been relevant in Majors. Rory has won 'stuff' but hasn't been on Rahm's level so far as I can tell.
Rory was very relevant in almost every major the past 5 years.. I would say he has been the more consistent golfer over all and over time. Peaks obviously not as high but valleys not as low either (other than the masters).

Yeah it is. You did well. Lol.
Thank U GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Rory was very relevant in almost every major the past 5 years.. I would say he has been the more consistent golfer over all and over time. Peaks obviously not as high but valleys not as low either (other than the masters).
Relevant by getting a participation trophy?

Back