Would you attempt this shot?

I've done it a handful of times, but the ice was never even questionable. I'd never go out on a sheet that was obviously pretty thin.

my buddies and i were howling at work earlier today watching this. we must've watched it at least 2 dozen times. lol - his feet slip, he hits about a foot or so behind the ball and it's game over.

no way i try this.

He needed old-school metal spikes.

No chance that I try this. I'm pretty good at hitting it fat when I have solid footing.

Wow. If it's that cold out, stay inside people! Have some hot coco!

I remember a thread a few weeks ago about "How Cold is Too Cold." Well, this is way beyond too cold. lol

Not unless I was playing for a million dollars!!!

Metal spikes and that guy looks like a hero.

I wouldn't try the full swing that he tried, but I might consider a punch with a mid iron.

Didn't know this had been posted

Duplicate post! :D

Not THIS early in Winter I wouldn't. PLUS, his base and swing was WAY to big for trying that on ice. SMH.

I have to admit... the more times I see it, the funnier it gets. But honestly I just think stupidity. Funny.....but stupidity. Even if I knew for certain the ice was thick enough I'd still be concerned for losing footing and cracking my head when falling not to mention basically slamming the ice with a club. I mean c'mon man. Get a brain.

Lol. Love it. I'd absolutely try it, but would take a half swing punch so didn't lose balance. Saying that, I'm Canadian and curl/skate so might try that full swing!

I think I would take a drop. :D

Let's see; walk out on the ice, then hit it hard with a golf club while standing on it: nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way in hell! There's a reason golf is not played on ice, don't try it! Go play hockey, hoser.

I'm sticking a green from there because I always make ball first contact...#internetgolfer

hell no

Yup. I've hit off a frozen pond and didn't fall through.

If I weighed a bit less, sure, but no way am I taking a full swing. That calls for a chip and run all day to avoid the feet getting out of control. And once the ball gets moving, it'll make it off the pond.

Having fallen through ice before, I'd pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back