Would you play a course with artificial turf tee boxes?

Absolutely!

I think solutions like mats on tee boxes ie. concrete pad with turf will become more viable in the future as courses look for ways to deal with maintenance costs.
FWIW, installs of artificial turf for golf or any other sport aren't done over a concrete pad. The base is more akin to creating a roadbed.

I'm amending my previous response to:

If I'm swinging graphite.

I have.

Never have... but, I would give it a go if I wanted to play the course.

depending on the width, I think I would. And what I mean by that is, I get too wrapped up in the visual square, and it would absolutely impact my game if it's a typical 6/6 or whatever they are.

Price should reflect it.
Bonus points if it's night golf haha

If weather or other special circumstances dictated it, sure.

If the course is just too cheap to maintain tee boxes and that's their alternative, I'd likely find somewhere else to play.

yes, would be OK. Just a very big matt like one might find on a Par 3 course

Honestly I’d rather not. I’m sure @pumbaa has strong feelings for this one 😂

Honestly I’d rather not. I’m sure @pumbaa has strong feelings for this one 😂
Hate them. 🤬 Couldn't hit 💩 off the mats, threw it on the grass to tee off on that part 3 and almost had a HiO

Here in the wet PNW during the winter and or early spring some courses have a hitting mat for par 3's to save the seed on the tee box. I would be ok to play a course with that kind of set up.. not everytime I play but I play a average of 12 courses locally..

Lexi and I come in too deep for mats. What next artificial greens?

I hate hitting off mats at the range, so I doubt I would play a course where the tee boxes are artificial.

I've played courses that have them set up on just the par 3's. I don't like it but hey, beats sitting at home or the office. So yeah, I'd still play there (y)

Yes. In Iraq I used to hit balls off a piece of plywood into the Tigris River. Really tough taking a divot.

I'd play artificial tee box, fairway or greens or all of them if that meant we got to play golf @MattyD-MPLS !

I would have no problem playing off mats in the tee boxes.

My home course during the beginning of spring puts mats in your cart to use everywhere on the course so as not to damage the fairways in the early season.

Absolutely not. I’m a snob!😜😜😜

I would have no problem playing off mats in the tee boxes.

My home course during the beginning of spring puts mats in your cart to use everywhere on the course so as not to damage the fairways in the early season.
You have to carry mats with you? How big are these mats?

Back