Would you play Chambers Bay?

Simple answer, no. Not going to pay that much and my old feet won't let me walk that far.

I would love to play there. It's a long drive so idk when I would get there.

OK, let me ask, what is it about playing a course that hosted a major, especially the Open as opposed to the PGA, that makes it worth the fee that usually accompanies it. It's got to be more than bragging rights, just to say one played it. Also, doesn't the guy that is always talking about the courses they played sometimes annoy you.

While a course typically needs to be more than a prior major or tourney venue for me to find it intriguing, it's one of the things that's unique to golf and is pretty cool that you can play the courses the pros do in a much more interactive way than simply shooting hoops at MSG or where ever.

And I like talking courses and which ones have been played, so I'm fine with anyone mentioning where they have played so long as the guy has more to add than just name dropping.

And I like talking courses and which ones have been played, so I'm fine with anyone mentioning where they have played so long as the guy has more to add than just name dropping.
#Merion
#PineValley
#Oakmont

just sayin....

I can play "Goofy Golf" at the local mini put for a lot less $$$ than the greens at Chambers Bay GC.

Oh I'd love to play it. No idea how bad I'd do, but I'll play anywhere once. Long list of other places I'd travel to first, but if I was close that'd be cool.

No.......

I have and enjoyed it.
I would not want to play with those green conditions, but they were nicer for me.
I paid nowhere near $300 either.
JB, did you write up a course review for THP? Would like to read if so...thx

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Heck yes I would play it. As a matter of fact, I had it on a list of places to play a couple of years ago. I was planning a trip up through that area but something called the Bridgestone Championship took away that trip:D. I actually flew into Spokane last week just to play one of my bucket list courses.
Which course near spokane? Cour de lane?
I would not pay $250 to play there. That being said, I don't have anything against the course, there are very few courses I would pay that much to play and this is not one of them.

I have wanted to play Chambers for a while, unfortunetly no one I know wants to play there. I can go alone but sharing that experience with a friend would be much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well.... I am sure there are other THP folk who would play with you. I would for sure when the cost comes back down and conditions heal...

I'd play it for sure. I'd even play it in US Open conditions, just to see if I could break 200.

I agree with those who wouldn't pay full price, but I'd be willing to go as as high as $150.

My father played it and enjoyed it. I'd rather not. Golf should be fun and it doesn't feel like it would be more then a grind.

OK, let me ask, what is it about playing a course that hosted a major, especially the Open as opposed to the PGA, that makes it worth the fee that usually accompanies it. It's got to be more than bragging rights, just to say one played it. Also, doesn't the guy that is always talking about the courses they played sometimes annoy you.

While a course typically needs to be more than a prior major or tourney venue for me to find it intriguing, it's one of the things that's unique to golf and is pretty cool that you can play the courses the pros do in a much more interactive way than simply shooting hoops at MSG or where ever.

I think Philly has a good point, to be able to play a course that you see on TV watching the pros play can give you an insight into how much tougher courses are than what the pros make it look. Standing on a famous football pitch, basketball court, etc is an experience but I don't think it feels the same as playing a course that you have watched on TV

Another thing that I found is it gives you an appreciation as to how good the pros actually are - having played at Rockliffe Hall a few times and then following the Senior Tour event there last year it was fun to watch the pros hitting the ball further and straighter than I ever could (and from tees further back than when I played there!)

I played the Brabazon course at The Belfry a couple years ago during a UK event, and being able to stand on the 10th tee where Seve drove the green and standing by the plaque on the 18th fairway where Christy O'Connor Jnr hit the 2 iron gave me a perspective on the course that I would have never gained from only seeing it on the TV

I think this course has a lot of you
smileys-scare-207731.gif

I ain't
smileys-scare-207731.gif

Let's do this!! :golf2:

With my game I wouldn't pay that much to play anywhere. I recently passed on a golf trip I really wanted to go on because of the $100+ a round cost. It's not a matter of the money, but rather the enjoyment I'd get for that money.

Playing Chambers tomorrow. Looking forward to getting back out there, been 2 years since land round. Favorite track I've played. This will be first time going without a caddie, may be interesting.

Playing Chambers tomorrow. Looking forward to getting back out there, been 2 years since land round. Favorite track I've played. This will be first time going without a caddie, may be interesting.
Hope your laser is charged and has slope enabled. Go have a day!

this thread had a lot of hate for it. Only played it once with Armygolf, Tequila4cap and a guy whose name I don't know on here...been something like 4 or 5 years and I still think about it. Love that track, well worth playing

One of the best courses I have played. Awesome experience.

Chambers kicked my butt first 9 holes. Missed landing zones, ended up in collection areas and putted poorly.
Made improvements back 9. funny, didnt miss a fairway all day but cannot tell from my score haha.

Back