Would you play non conforming wedges?

Because it’s fun to talk about golf theoreticals on a golf forum. 🤣
I understand, but given that, would you play non-conforming clubs, not just to try out but to actually play them for a time?

I understand, but given that, would you play non-conforming clubs, not just to try out but to actually play them for a time?
If I liked them, sure. I’m all about fun.

Not on purpose

I’m really weird, I play by the “casual rules of golf” but wouldn’t play with non conforming clubs. Not really sure why.

I don’t think so. I remember a conversation in December about how the new grooves Callaway make now are higher spinning than what was deemed non conforming at the time.

Tech these days in insane regardless of whether sky fisters believe it or not. I think I’d be better off with something conforming since the quality/thought that needs to go in to it (most of the time) is better than something that’s non conforming

Nope

used to play the Callaway X forged before they came down on the groove restrictions and those were lethal!

Wedges, driver, putter. Give me all the friggin’ help you can!!!!!

Nope. I try to play within the rules! 14 clubs and a foot wedge!

I could no problem. I used a groove tool years ago on a et of wedges and it was insane the stopping power I was seeing. Only problem though was it shredded soft covers (I’m sure due to me being the one digging out the grooves with the tool).

No. Good conforming wedges spin plenty.

No.

Don't need or want more spin. I find myself taking spin off far more often than try to spin it higher on most wedge shots.

I prefer not to. Might be fun now and then for kicks, but I want to get better staying within the rules, personally.

Back