Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Title says it, would you?

I would worry about them eating up balls.

Not on a regular basis, no.

Would be fun to mess around with some of the crazy ones.

If anyone wanted to because golf is simply a hobby, not keeping a handicap, etc, go have a ball with them.

No sir, I would not.

Sure.

Ship 'em to me.

Honestly no. Not even for fun.

No. I would not play anything non conforming.

Are beans on wedges non conforming? 😜

Answer is no.

Yes I would.
I’m not playing on tour.

No.. at least not for anything more than a goof off round..

I would not play any non conforming club

I played with a random guy one time that had some bright blue oil slick looking wedges that had to be non-conforming. He was a pretty good player, but he would hit 20 yard pitches that would rip back like 10-15 feet. It was wild. Would definitely be useful in some situations on super fast greens. But to answer the question, no, I wouldn’t.

IMG_0532.gif

I wouldn’t recommend it. This is actual footage of the USGA elite strike force landing green side in response to a non conforming equipment emergency.

“Get on the ground and keep your hands away from the grooves!!!”

Be careful out there.

Although they were conforming, I am now playing non conforming wedges now.

The new groove rule went into effect this year. Since I'm not involved in sanctioned play, or hdcp numbers, there's really no reason to up grade. If that changes, I will.

Just playing for fun now. .

No. At least not knowingly

Not knowingly no. Plus, all the best tech is packed into new clubs that are confirming and I need all the wedge help I can get.

Don’t play competitively, so yes, if someone gave them to me…wouldn’t seek them out, however.

no but not because i love the USGA or anything, they just tear up balls and i never found gave me much better performance on shorter pitches.

All the extra spin was on full shots where i didn't really need it

I think I still have an older Vokey wedge that would be considered non-conforming illegal grooves. :unsure: So yes, I would

No I wouldn't but my answer now seems hypocritcal since I fully intend to play noncoforming balls in the near future. Stupid USGA. Maybe I'll go all in and crap on all their equipment rules once pandora's box is opened.

None of my wedges (or other clubs) are non-conforming. When replacing them, I wouldn’t go with non-conforming wedges. Just don’t see a reason

View attachment 9251501

I wouldn’t recommend it. This is actual footage of the USGA elite strike force landing green side in response to a non conforming equipment emergency.

“Get on the ground and keep your hands away from the grooves!!!”

Be careful out there.

1000004016.gif

Nah, I don’t know that I would make use of them enough

Back