roberts9

Reaction score
Handicap
So today on my lunch break I went to the range to hit some balls, there was a guy beside me and he asked if he could hit my irons. I'm a fairly nice guy so I said sure thing. I started hitting his irons and half way through the bucket he asked if I wanted to trade. I'm now a proud owner of a set of Mizuno MP 57's with Project X Rifle 6.0 Shafts. Id say since I traded some nike cci forged irons for them, I got a good deal. I have never hit an iron so good in my life than with these Mizuno's.

nice story roberts. go buy a lottery ticket now haha

I'm not even sure how old or how much these Mizuno's are. Honestly can say I don't care, I would have probably traded a new set for them since I was hitting so well. Every shot felt like butter.

good deal roberts! hope there not knock offs? :bulgy-eyes:

Time to get to updating your sig r9. Nice trade!

wow hope that works out for you. Thats a crazy trade.

That's awesome!! Congrats

Def not fakes, first thing I did was take them to the local mizuno dealer. He said they're legit.

in that case great deal man!

Thank you, I'm still pinching myself making sure its all real

Aren't they like $900 a set?

lucky lucky lucky so nice

I honestly think it was some rich military kid that had no idea what he really had.

roberts two questions a)are you above 18 so you can buy lottery tickets in Ga and b) what would it take to get you to Ga to buy me some

haha yeah, I'm 21. I'm stationed in montana but have orders to Moody AFB if they go through, ill buy ya some lotto tickets. :)

haha yeah, I'm 21. I'm stationed in montana but have orders to Moody AFB if they go through, ill buy ya some lotto tickets. :)

Me too!!!!

Seriously, that other guy is an idiot. Probably a rich brat who bought them because they were expensive, and ended up hating them.

I would bet that the guy could not play those 57’s at all and either did not know what they cost or did not care because he just could not hit them. If it was just a lack of respect for money the guy would likely have just gone and bought another set of irons. I have got to think that after a few swings with your irons, he felt like he would enjoy his golf much more with them. So at the end of the day, he gets a set of irons that he probably feels like he can at least hit some, and you get a terrific set of irons that from appearances you can hit good. I say it’s a fair trade. Enjoy and don’t look back.

Would it have mattered if they were fake since you were hitting them so well?

Ya know, haven't thought about that. I guess I could say I really wouldn't have cared. They're the best feeling irons I've hit to this day. That is a personal preference though.

thats a crazy story. congrats on the great deal.

Congrats on the new sticks.

Just wanted to point out that the 67's aren't really all that expensive. At least not here. I see them on sale all the time actually. The 68's are a bit pricy, but not really more so than any other quality brand.

am I the only one who thinks the guy wanted to trade because he stole the set and couldn't pawn them for cash without getting caught, so he took a bite into his profit so he could make a profit?

am I the only one who thinks the guy wanted to trade because he stole the set and couldn't pawn them for cash without getting caught, so he took a bite into his profit so he could make a profit?

Yes, you horrible, cynical person. :wink:

Back