Wyndham Clark's 60 @ Pebble, Course Record or not?

Dumb argument. It's a record

I’d say yea, course record.

This should be a course record. I’m sure it will be on Pebble beach’s page soon.

There is a HUGE difference between playing the ball down and being allowed to place ones hands upon the ball and improve ones lie shot after shot. Those who fail to recognize the advantage are either being disingenuous or haven't got an understanding of the manners in which lie will affect ball flight and spin.
Of course. But he played according to the rules that day.

It is totally decided right here. I mean, look at all the decisions posted above.

No way some of that changes 😉
I should have created a poll so we could announce it as official...

I should have created a poll so we could announce it as official...
Well since you started the thread, it’s not official until you say it is.

The originator of a doc has final interpretation rights. Which side of the fence you falling off? :ROFLMAO:

Well since you started the thread, it’s not official until you say it is.

The originator of a doc has final interpretation rights. Which side of the fence you falling off? :ROFLMAO:
Oh, who knows at this point. Need more data points from the fine folks of the internet.

It's not cheating if it happens elsewhere?

This is a fascinating approach haha
I swear honey, every guy does it... Dont think that defense would hold up.

Its cheating according to the rules that are not inforced. If the rule is not inforced it’s not cheating and the rule might as well not exist.

If the rules official says it ain‘t cheating, it ain’t cheating, right?

Never mind the fact it was probably a PAC 12 official, in PAC 12 territory, where he happened to go to school. #tourisrigged

If the rules official says it ain‘t cheating, it ain’t cheating, right?

Never mind the fact it was probably a PAC 12 official, in PAC 12 territory, where he happened to go to school. #tourisrigged
Cheating isn't NOT cheating just because it isn't seen or called.

Its cheating according to the rules that are not inforced. If the rule is not inforced it’s not cheating and the rule might as well not exist.
Well, I don't think we're here debating whether he got paid for that tournament.

I think we're debating the record - and despite the fact that I care VERY little about Pebble, I am very entertained by the discussion about course records. It's a fun argument from both sides.

Cheating isn't NOT cheating just because it isn't seen or called.
Why you bringing facts into this equation? We just need @War Eagle to make the final ruling so we can move on. Hopefully before the next cheating event takes place. 🤞

Would you consider it past practice at that point? One of those things that is against the letter of the law, but since it wasn't called or penalized in the past 3 years it is now past practice that it can be done?

Course record, no doubt. The basis of the argument against is it was shot under different rules. If we’re going to say it can’t be a course record because it was shot under different rules then we’d have to invalidate every course record when the rules are updated. New rules, new records. Actually, I kinda like that idea. I’d feel like Oprah handing out course records.

A lot has been said about Clark's 60 @ Pebble Beach this last weekend, skyfisters arguing that lift, clean and place should not allow for a course record, etc etc. Since then, there has been a lot of back and forth on whether it should now be considered the Course Record or not because of the ball in hand rule that was in effect vs playing it down.

Should it be the Course Record at Pebble Beach?
Best round?
Course Record* ?

Thoughts?

Would you consider it past practice at that point? One of those things that is against the letter of the law, but since it wasn't called or penalized in the past 3 years it is now past practice that it can be done?
Sure

If I was Clark and shot a 60, then yes. If I was the one who shot 61 and my course record was broken, then no. 😂

If I was Clark and shot a 60, then yes. If I was the one who shot 61 and my course record was broken, then no. 😂

Jeremy Strong Yes GIF by SuccessionHBO

Back