Your "All Hate" Bag?

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
Okay, hate may be too strong of a strong word. But let's say you have to redo your entire bag with clubs you REALLY didn't get along with, can't stand the look of, or maybe just h.a.t.e., what clubs would those be? If you can, try to keep the clubs to major OEMs. Certainly, it would be easy to fill your bag with Warrior clubs but that's just too easy...:D

So here we go, my all dislike (hate) bag:

Driver - Taylormade RBZ. The white. The sound. The look. Arrgghh!

Fairway - Taylormade RBZ HL. Not only does it have the white and the sound, it also has a strange weighting.

Hybrid - Adams Super LS. Not a fan of the Adams slot. It is white. Most importantly, I couldn't get it off the ground.

Irons - From a pure looks standpoint, the Adams XTD irons make my stomach lurch. The Tour Edge Exotics irons are also not winning any beauty contests. That being said, the Nike VR-S Covert 2.0 is just really gross to me. (I wanted to add the Bio Cell Irons but those (at least the Bio Cell Pros) were really nice to hit...)

Wedges - Cleveland Smart Sole Wedge. Just can't stand looking down at that.

Putter - You could put any Taylormade white putter here, especially the Daddy Long Legs. But I'll go with the Nike Method Core Drone. Ewwwwww.

Hahaha this one is funny. For me:

Driver- Nike SQ Sumo. ARGGHHHH worst sound ever, and it wasn't very good either.
Fairway- Anything that says PING on it. I have never to this day gotten along with a Ping wood or hybrid.
Hybrid- TM RBZ Stage 2. I couldn't hit that thing worth a CRAP for some reason, just couldn't get it in the air.
Irons- Agree with Adams XTD. Ugly as sin and didn't perform all that well for me, honestly.
Wedges- I honestly haven't ever truly hated a wedge, I don't think. They're all pretty similar. I guess I'd have to go with Smart Soles just cause that type of tech wouldn't work for my game, but it's not cause I hate the club.
Putter- The Black Swan:
sandy-lyle-putter-in-action.jpg

Nuff said haha. If we have to go with name brand, I'm picking Adams Scott's broomstick Futura. That putting stroke just besmirches one of the most beautiful swings I've ever seen.

I have a hate for white headed drivers,no matter what company puts these offerings out,I will not change my mind. For irons no specific irons come to mind,as for wedges most are pretty standard. And putters the Scotty Cameron Adam Scott uses. A bad copycat at the Odyssey #7.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

A bag full of "illustrious" Warrior clubs.

Fun thread.

For me it'd be:
Driver: ping g15. I'll have some slice on top my of slice please.

FW: Nike covert. You mean these are supposed to get the ball in the air?

Hybo: Cleveland DST. Way too light for me with little forgiveness.

Irons: TM R7 draw. Such a bad iron for me at the time. I had one good range session with them and rest of the time couldn't hit them, just so head heavy.

Wedges: Callaway jaws vintage. I shanked these an inordinate amount of times and stopped full swings with then altogether.

Putter: TM Rossa Itsy Bitsy. Awesome from 6 feet in but terrible at lag putting for me.

Driver - Ping SF tec. Hated it
Fairway - RBZ. it was way too light, just didn't get along
Hybrid - Adams with the slot on top, I would hate the look of that
irons- Altitudes. Based on looks only. All the love these get despite the looks speaks to how great they actually must be
wedges - undecided
Putter - any long broomstick style putter will do

R11 driver
X hot pro fairway
Adams dhy
Cleveland altitudes
Tour Grind md2s
Cure putter

PING Anser Driver
Nickent fairway wood
Ben Hogan hybrid
Srixon 545 irons
PM grind wedges (100% visual here. I've never actually hit one and everyone that has loves it. I'm not opposed to trying but man looking down at it for the first time sure was hideous)
Any backstrike putters. Have a buddy that used a odyssey dart backstroke and it's awful to watch

Wrong thread?

s101031_c1pg-vertical.jpg

My wedges are definitely MD2s. Driver is probably Nike SQ Dymo2

Taylormade Superfast 2.0

Taylormade RBZ S2 3W

Cleveland altitudes

Scotty Cameron Futura X

driver: callaway ft-5 draw driver. worst club i've ever owned.
fw: tm r7 st. i could murder the r5, but the bulge and roll on the face of the r7 were too much for me and i couldn't ever hit it.
h: tm rescue mid. hook city.
i: i've harped on these so many times, but ping i25. i fell out of love with golf so hard when gaming things. took them out, and love the game more than ever. the curious cat in me wants to try them again just to see if i've improved.
w: i don't think i've ever had a wedge i hated. but the wedges that i struggled the most with were my original vokeys when i put dg spinners in them. lost all feel of the head in the swing.
p: odyssey metal x 7 arm lock. i had like 1, maybe 2 rounds and range sessions with this that weren't atrocious. but it was a pretty quick in-and-out of the bag.
b: srixon z-star xv from 2014. lost massive distance and spin.

i think that's it :)

Driver: RAZR Fit Xtreme
FW: Rocketballzzzz
Irons: Taylormade TP MCs
Wedges: Mackdaddy 2 (awful)
Putter: Any #9.

The only club I've ever hated was one of those first Adams Tight Lies messes. You know, the ones with the heads that look like orthopedic shoes.

edit: I also hate all non blade putters.

A bag of 14 SLDRs.

Only two that really jump out to me are a Cleveland Launcher DST 3-wood and the 2-ball SRT White Steel. I'm not sure I ever hit a single good shot with that 3-wood. In fact, I'm sure I didn't. And I had moments of decent putting with the 2-ball, but I just could not consistently square the face for some reason. At least 1 in 3 putts, I set up open and predictably pushed it.

Driver: razr fit extreme
Fairway: any of the Rbz
irons: insert any sgi here based on looks alone
wedges: Cleveland smart sole again based on looks never actually hit them
putter:futura or #7
ball:srixon

Driver: anything with a white head
FW: anything with a white head
Hybrid: anything with a white head
Irons: have not disliked any so far
Wedges: Cleveland's-just do not like the look of them at address
Putter: anything with a white head including all white or non white mallet styles

...and also hate anything with pumpkin in it...especially that..... pie....ughh!!

...ok...now I feel better....

Driver: anything persimmon
FW: anything persimmon
Hybrids: anything persimmon
irons: anything that's described as having "forged feel"
wedges: ummm...they're kind of all the same
Putters: the axis-1

Still find it super funny that from what I have heard and what you see week in and week out that tour pros dig the white fairway woods, but so many amateurs on here hate them. Not saying you can't hate them, obviously entitled to your opinion, but it's funny.

Driver - Anything not Titleist
FW - Anything not Cobra
Hybrids - Every one of them
Irons - Anything not grain flow forged
Wedges - Anything that looks like an elf ear with a PM grind on it
Putter - Anything Ping

Still find it super funny that from what I have heard and what you see week in and week out that tour pros dig the white fairway woods, but so many amateurs on here hate them. Not saying you can't hate them, obviously entitled to your opinion, but it's funny.
Apparently, the tour staff at Taylormade loves it with the woods.

Driver: anything persimmon
FW: anything persimmon
Hybrids: anything persimmon
irons: anything that's described as having "forged feel"
wedges: ummm...they're kind of all the same
Putters: the axis-1

$300 for that putter!?!?!?

Those on staff for a number of years did not have a choice.

Back