Your first hole of 2016?

Double bogey. Three jack didn't help, but did hit FIR.

540yd par 5

1. Driver to the right side of the fairway (not OB on the range..success!)
2. 300yds - pulled 3w over the creek, but behind a tree
3. 7i pitch out sideways
4. 145yds uphill - pulled 7i left of the green and the bunker
5. slight downhill, wet lie in the rough - shanked 60* into the bunker
6. 56* onto the green
7. uphill putt that ran 6 feet past the hole (no practice green available in off-season)
8. downhill putt lips out
9. first 3-putt of the year!

Bogey on a par 5
1. Solid drive
2. Pulled hybrid on second shot
3. 115 yards in but have tree trouble. Hit branches on third abs into green side bunker.
4. Barely get out of bunker
5. Chip to about 7 feet.
6. Sink the downhill putt for bogey.

Par 4 about 420 into the wind and a tight hole--water left and OOB right. Just wanted to find the fairway, so took out 3w and was able to get it out in the middle. Had 7i on my second shot tried to take a little off of it and ended up being just short of the green on the fringe. Putted to a foot and made the par putt.

Double bogey. Three putt killed me all day today. I think I averaged 3-putts on the front nine.

My first hole was Saturday, was about 35 degrees out and I was let out on the back 9.

Hole was 510 yards, hit a nice drive, decent 2nd shot and over shot the green with my wedge for the 3rd. Ended up with a bogey.

Weather is messing with my distances which is throwing me off, all in all, happy to be golfing in January.

Hole 1 at my home course. Short but straight drive. Approach shot just shy of the green. Chip on and two putt for a bogey. Not to shabby for me.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Big ugly sweeping slice off the tee.....7 iron to 15 yards short, wedge to 8 feet and lipped out the par putt and settled for bogey.

350 metre par 4 on a course I've never played before.

Pushed my drive into a sandy lie under some trees with about 120 metres left to go. Hit a 9 iron to the left side front of the green with the pin front right guarded by a bunker.

2 putt par. Not a bad start. Rest of my putting for the day was terrible. 6 three putts and one 4 putt! Terrible.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
510 yd par 5. Tee shot in fw bunker, laid up. Hit third shot thin over green and got up and down for par. Course is a par 70 and shot 38-33. Not too bad for opening round on new years day

Temporary Tee - 140 yard par 3 (hole #3) that is a little downhill. Holes 1 & 2 are covered by trees and were still frozen. 25 MPH wind right in my face. Guessed right and hit a full 7 iron to 6 feet. Made the putt for birdie but things got much worse after that!!

Bogey. Started this morning in 42* weather with a 10 MPH wind in my face on a par 3 , I pulled one extra club and was short of the green about 8 yards and had about 5 yards of green to work with. I hit a chip that I thought was going to be very close and it hit the green and just went splat with no roll out. I missed the 12 footer for par by about 3 inches on the low side.

Mine was an uphill par 4. I hit a good drive onto the fairway, two fat iron shots, chipped on, and 3 putted for a triple.

Cold with an even colder wind, but sunny today. 33* feels like temp of 17*. #1 is a short straight par 4 playing about 325 into the wind to a tucked back left pin.
1) A shortish thinned hooked drive into left rough that drew a pretty decent lie.
2) Hit a beautiful high pin hunting 9 iron over the trees and trap guarding left side. Ball mark was inside 5' but it simply didn't hold the frozen green and ended up about 15 yards over.
3) Real nice 56* chip that landed right on my spot in the fringe but I still didn't account for how frozen everything was and it ended up rolling downhill to about 20 feet past.
4) Hit par putt a little too firm.
5) Was happy to hole 5 footer for bogey.
The rest of the round was a very pleasant surprise. I hit the ball very solid for me. First time in forever I didn't miss one green short (I average about 4.5 misses short). Ended up going 40/40 80 (+10). 8/13 fairways (and longer than normal - frozen). 8 GIR (also hopped that pretty 9i and a nice PW over - frozen). Mediocre putting (two 3 jacks - 36 total). No penalties. Only 2/10 up & down but one was a sandy.

Par 5. Drive in the short grass 230 out, 3 wood nutted leaving a 25 yd chip to a center green pin. Chipped to 8 ft. and missed the putt. :angry: :at-wits-end: :banghead:

Par 4. Would like to say routine par, but that's not quite the case. Hit tee shot fat, no clear shot at the green (dogleg right), since drive was so short. Tried to slice 5 iron around trees. Hit said trees, left w 50 yards to green. Hit a good pitch to around 12 feet. Made the putt.
A par is a par, I'll take it.

Last year it was a birdie but we started on hole 10 at my home course. This year we started on hole 1. Driver down the left side to the left of cart path. 2 iron down to around 70 yards. Wedge onto the back of the green. Putt from off the green and I realize just how slow they really are as I leave it about 8 feet short....miss that one (short as well) and tap in for a bogey on the opening par 5.

Par 4. Would like to say routine par, but that's not quite the case. Hit tee shot fat, no clear shot at the green (dogleg right), since drive was so short. Tried to slice 5 iron around trees. Hit said trees, left w 50 yards to green. Hit a good pitch to around 12 feet. Made the putt.
A par is a par, I'll take it.
more stressful but better than a routine par...you fought for and earned that puppy!

Played today in Lima Ohio. Had snow on half the greens. Just a dusting tho. First 2 holes of the year were Par!! Nice way to start 2016.

Got my 1st round of 2016 in today. 1st hole was 326 yard par 4. Hit driver down the right side. Ball ended up a couple of feet off the fairway. Had 95 yards to the pin. Hit my AW pin high about 15 feet to the right of the pin and 2 putted for par. I'll take it. Shot 41 front, 41 back for an 82. That's a pretty good round for me.

Back