Your first THP Experience

GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
I'd be interested to learn... where and when did you play in your first THP Experience? Please include name of the event, date, and course played.

2017- SEC Regional Rivalry in Biloxi

I'd be interested to learn... where and when did you play in your first THP Experience? Please include name of the event, date, and course played.
Atlanta Tour Van Stop.
@War Eagle and his backwards range shots
@JB and his Skyline chili obsession.
The MASSIVE OG tour van.
the golden ticket. Wait is that really what it was called? I can't remember.
Taking dollar bills for THPers signed with ink and/or salt haha

TBD

2016 #TheCup. True Blue and Caledonia. Where apparently a 4 hour round wasn’t fast enough. Also where I met some great people, like @KEV before he became a weather curse. And where @PKorf ate steaming hot chowder when it was roughly 185° outside.

May 15-17, 2020. Morgan Cup at Sand Hollow in Utah.

Austin, TX. Was a Tour Van stop iirc, a THP hosted gathering. Back in the EARLY days.

2016 Cleveland Shortgame Shootout. First year for the Cleveland RTX3 wedges

2013 Regional invitational @ Hilton Head Island. Played Palmetto Dunes!
Was an awesome time, but way different types of events. I think there were a total of 40 people. I definitely like the new style More intimate and personal! The dropping of knowledge and unique experiences are top notch in my opinion.

2019 - The Odyssey Experience.

Met an amazing group of people

July 2016 at #TheCup at Caledonia and True Blue in Myrtle Beach. I met some lifelong friends there and it's still one of my favorite memories ever.

I think it was the 2017 #StaffProto with Wilson. Met @vgolfman and some kick ass THPers. Honestly, I was super nervous going into it. The course was the Highlands of Elgin if I recall correctly.

2017 THP Championship sponsored by Budget Golf! Seems like yesterday, but seems like forever ago at the same time! Cog Hill! Don't remember all of the team names, but Vegamite Sawdust, It's a Wu Day; Swedish Tigers, Double J; Fighting Lions, Jersey Burners.... but the weekend, for sure!

@jdtox & @time4tim backing into the win.... ;); @rogt, @Boder @mikedean441, @mancest, #cookie, @Molten, @J4U, @jlew2144, @Nerdy_81, @lightningbolt44 ; @ToohipGottaGo ray-ray; @Lions81, @rajohnson; @SkiBumGolfer; @ozzman; #ItsOpeningDay aka @SlightDraw;

Not sure if I got them all..... what a squad!

I think it was the 2017 #StaffProto with Wilson. Met @vgolfman and some kick ass THPers. Honestly, I was super nervous going into it. The course was the Highlands of Elgin if I recall correctly.
I think you played in the same group as my bro for that one if I recall.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2018 Morgan Cup. #TeamParadise
It was the best time I have ever had playing golf!
JB + GG along with everyone at CPG are amazing! Just getting to sit and listen to @LittleRat talk was amazing.
Hammock Beach has 2 amazing but different courses. Someday I will play the Conservatory in good weather.

2017 THP Championship sponsored by Budget Golf! Seems like yesterday, but seems like forever ago at the same time! Cog Hill! Don't remember all of the team names, but Vegamite Sawdust, It's a Wu Day; Swedish Tigers, Double J; Fighting Lions, Jersey Burners.... but the weekend, for sure!

@jdtox & @time4tim backing into the win.... ;); @rogt, @Boder @mikedean441, @mancest, #cookie, @Molten, @J4U, @jlew2144, @Nerdy_81, @lightningbolt44 ; @ToohipGottaGo ray-ray; @Lions81, @rajohnson; @SkiBumGolfer; @ozzman; #ItsOpeningDay aka @SlightDraw;

Not sure if I got them all..... what a squad!

So many good dudes. Couldn’t have asked for a better first event than that. I remember being nervous the whole drive there and then those nerves instantly going away when we all sat down for dinner and it was like we’d known each other for years.

Back