Your golf ball of choice for the upcoming season and why?

I have a pretty significant stash of pre-2021 golf balls so no preferred one for this year. I am going to do a little experiment and play one particular ball for a couple of rounds and then switch out to another brand for a few rounds and continue through probably half a dozen or so varieties.

More curious to see which one actually performs the best off the tee, etc. without going back-and-forth during a round. Typically I have a mixed bag of balls with me and continue play with the first one I grab. We’ll see if one rises to the top.

2020 Pro V1 as was gifted 4 dozen recently

Based on what I saw last year, I'm going to go all in on either TP5 or BXS. I like the extra spin all through the bag and the feel strikes a nice balance between a rock and marshmallow.

2018 wilson duo 29 compression for me. Love the way the ball comes off the putter and I don't notice much if any distance loss. I still find them on closeouts and continue to buy them. In August if the fairways and greens are backed out, I will play the wilson duo professional for a bit more spin. In general, I spin the ball too much so I don't need my ball helping me produce more

Vice Pro Plus neon lime
Why?

ive been playing Pro V1X for over 10 years because of the spin with short irons and when chipping. I know exactly what the ball is going to do. I also love putting that ball and have confidence. I’ve dabbled with others through the years but nothing has replaced it.

Basically the Vice Pro Plus is the Pro V1X. Again, played the V1X over 10 years and this ball from Vice is the SAME ball. Except I might say it’s a touch softer, maybe closer to the V1.

Lastly, I’ve really taken to this green ball thing ever since trying last Fall. I can definitely follow it better and for some reason green to me is serene.

For all those Pro V1X players, give this ball a try and save yourself some dough.

Srixon Q-Star Tour because they just work for me. And... because I have an awesome nephew that stocked me up at Christmas, I will be playing more Srixon Z-Stars this season. He took advantage of the bogo deal.

I am switching to the Snell MTB Black this year and feel like I can get equivalent performance to the 2020 CS at 1/3 less cost.

Not sure - been playing PV1 for years but after hitting the Chrome Soft in the sim and now learning about Chrome Soft X LS I'm having some difficulty choosing... Arg!

Whatever’s in the closet...finishing out the z-stars and zxv’s...will start on the avx’s...after that, I’ll just play what’s on sale :oops:

I’m kind of stuck on ball right now.

I love my prov1x but over the last few months I have been playing a little more of the Bridgestone x. Then I put the xs into play like a month or two ago and it’s really good. Soooo ya.

decisions decisions

Finally getting to a ball fitting. I choose 16 different balls to test over the next month to see which ball is best. Going with a bit of fun and have a matchup style.

Chrome Soft, Bridgestone RXS, ProV1X (the loyalty special is coming up quickly)

Why? Greenside Spin, Iron launch/spin

Taylormade Tour Response. Intrigued when they were introduced, saw the TXG comparison to TP5 and TP5x, and I found them for a $1 a ball.

I will be starting the season with Srixon Soft Feels because I got a stash of them for Christmas. After that, I’ll either stick with them or find another ball in that price point.

Pro1x as gifted two dozen and in the current state of game one pro grade ball as good as another. My son swears by top grade Taylor Made’s so that might be next trial.

It'll probably take me two years to work through the big stash of Z-Stars I bought at $20 a dozen. It's a great ball at any price, but when they go on sale cheap, they're an absolute no-brainer.

Taylormade Tour Response Yellow and TP5 pix.

Just finishing 2 dozen Q Star Tours I got last year. I just got some Srixon Zstar previous generation for $29 a dozen so I will go with those. Really like the Q star Tour. Dont think I will ever go back to surlyn covered balls.

Mostly will continue to be the Chrome Soft Truvis, but I have several dozen Srixon Q-Stars that I need to use.

Will be using Tour Response. Tried a dozen last fall and could not really see much difference between them and my TP5X and they are 15$ less.

1 sentence:

Waaay too early for decisions that big when some aren't even out yet.
Was going to say something similar.

I’m likey going to game a Titleist or TaylorMade ball, but will see how it goes.

I thought the 2020 Bridgestone ball was going in my bag and I didn’t get along with it.

I have been playing the new ProV1 and like it a lot. Distance (for me) is good and it fine around the green. I liked the TP5 and I just ordered a dozen of the new ones to try.

I will be sticking with the ProV1x in yellow! The new version of this ball is fantastic. There is not anything that I can really complain about with this ball. So many good choices to play it can be a tough decision.

Back