Your pick with a Golden Ticket.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As we all hope that we might be the lucky recipient of that magical Golden ticket. For this discussion GD is off the possibilities list. How would you prioritize your event selection. What carries more weight in your choice. Company sponsor, free equipment included, destination, individual or team aspect, or cost. Feel free to add other factors.

I love the team aspect of many of the THP experiences. Would prefer that setting then destination might be considered. Not that all venues are not fantastic. Even though I do have equipment I prefer to play I’m not going to limit my choice solely my that. All the companies have so much to offer.

What criteria would you use given that Golden ticket finds its way into your hands.

I’ve thought about this a lot. I think I would definitely lean towards a team event since it’s an opportunity to meet more THPers and create some awesome opportunities.

Second, I’d probably take a hard look at the courses being played because I’d love to see more of Dormie but there could be some other awesome courses outside of Dormie

For me it would be a combination of all the above. If I was presented today with the Golden Ticket, I can honestly say that I wouldn’t have any idea which event I was going to use it for. It would take some reading and research to make my choice.

Bottom line though, there’s no such thing as a “bad” choice when it comes to THP Events!

So many good options to pick from! I’d personally lean towards the Goat Cup, but I’d also consider the Budget Championship, Data Experience, and the Shaft Ups

I might need food before answering this. I've solved this emotional math problem and then rethought it about 5 times. It's incredibly difficult.

I’d lean towards a combination of quality time with THPers and the sponsor. I love shotscope so the data experience would be high. The swag with Evolve would be nuts.

Both the beauty and challenge is you won’t make a bad choice.

Something at dormie club. I got to experience the goat at ballyhack and really want to play dormie now. Budget championship would be fun for sure. But the goat cup as another shot at it if Dan and Finley and Austin are involved again would be incredible.

The biggest thing for me would be making sure dates work for me. I’d like to lean more towards a team competition but also some of the equipment only events are intriguing too.

Have to see the details on the whole year's schedule, but right now I'd be betting heavily on The Srixon Experience. I've heard why this one has been been gone for several years, and I'd love to be a part of proving that what happened after the last one was a fluke, that THPers honor the opportunities that THP and the sponsors provide. :drinks:

As we all hope that we might be the lucky recipient of that magical Golden ticket. For this discussion GD is off the possibilities list. How would you prioritize your event selection. What carries more weight in your choice. Company sponsor, free equipment included, destination, individual or team aspect, or cost. Feel free to add other factors.

I love the team aspect of many of the THP experiences. Would prefer that setting then destination might be considered. Not that all venues are not fantastic. Even though I do have equipment I prefer to play I’m not going to limit my choice solely my that. All the companies have so much to offer.

What criteria would you use given that Golden ticket finds its way into your hands.
If it’s the all in ticket - definitely the Grandaddy. Like insta-call

I’d have to think if I were lucky enough to winone that didn’t include the Grandaddy …. Morgan Cup, Goat Cup,Titleist, Mizuno - all amazing (as is every single experience). Data Experience would be a draw for sure

This one is really tough. I would probably go for a team event, the more team members the better. I would love to meet and spend as much time with fellow THP members as possible. I would have to go read all the experience threads again but I think Morgan Cup brings the most members together so this would be very high on the list.

Location would be next as I would really love to play Ballyhack!

Equipment would play at least a little bit of a role. I’ve never played Titleist or Cobra stuff so that would make those cool possibilities. I’ve always really liked Mizuno stuff so that might come into play also.

Finally, Shaft up would be a really strong ponder. Getting fit for a driver by Danny Le AT Ballyhack. Wow!

Don’t honestly know which one I’d choose. Decision would be based on location, dates, and the type of experience.

I couldn’t answer until I knew the dates of some of the events. I love team events and that would be my first choice. I have a potential vacation in the fall that I would need to plan around.

Golden ticket would ruin my no new equipment experiment. :whistle:

Should I ever receive a Golden Ticket, I have no idea what I would pick. I'm very busy and scheduling would limit the options. I would choose one I could make. I think it would be that simple. As far as I can tell, they are all amazing.

Finally, Shaft up would be a really strong ponder. Getting fit for a driver by Danny Le AT Ballyhack. Wow!
We announced Shaft Up #1 so far and it’s at Briggs Ranch.

I couldn’t answer until I knew the dates of some of the events. I love team events and that would be my first choice. I have a potential vacation in the fall that I would need to plan around.
Dates are a tough one. Didn’t think I had any big events this year after the end of February. Well that changed yesterday. Have another special happening now late summer. I can adjust work schedule but something’s can’t be missed.

There are a couple of events I have in mind.

We announced Shaft Up #1 so far and it’s at Briggs Ranch.
It’s definitely on the radar! Especially with sign up coming next week!

I’d go Morgan Cup to help win it for Team Hackers!!

For me if it’s not the GD eligible Golden Ticket then it comes down to a few things. There are a couple events that are drivable for me which would cut down on costs so that is a consideration. Then, while I like multiple companies I do have mor of an affinity for some, so that enters into it. Finally team events where you get more THPers together are always fun because you get to meet more of the great people that make THP special.

All this said, if I got the Golden Ticket the Morgan Cup would be my choice. I can drive to Dormie, Cobra is my favorite club manufacture, and it’s a team event so getting to meet and interact with more THPers. Yes Please!

This would be a tough call as always. I would love to go back to The Morgan Cup. It’s my favorite event of all. The possible Titleist iron event would be fun too. Those would probably be my top 2 just because of the companies and the people involved.

Can't go wrong with any of them. Every single event I've been to has been a great time

For me it would come down to two things.

1) I'd pick a team event. If I'd be flying there, I'd love to do the whole @HarlettoScara thing, but realistically would probably only be a few days extra, because I want to be there for the family. A team event would let me meet more of the wonderful THP folk at once.

2) Which one is the sponsor. I have certain affinities and thoughts on companies. Cobra, Mizuno, Srixon would definitely deserve a thought. Data Experience would also be really fun.

But all in all, I'd likely still stick with the previously stated Morgan Cup.

If the GD is off the Table then Team Paradise it is!!
Having been lucky to be selected in 2018 I would love to hand with @jdtox & @LittleRat again.

I like the Team aspect of the event.

Back