Your pick with a Golden Ticket.

The only thing I want to touch is the Morgan Cup Trophy when Team Paradise secures the 4Pete!
I think it’s time the streak and @jdtox reign as capt comes to an end. I got you back @JB will help and keep a safe perimeter. Keep you safe from huggers and spankers. 🤣🤣

I like the team events but I have done 2 and on my way to a 3rd. I think if I had a golden ticket I would use it on something that was a little smaller like Shaft Up. I love the team events but I would like the smaller group to really dive in with the sponsor.

Been struggling with how to answer the question because like you the Morgan Cup seems like the obvious choice. I mean who wouldn’t want to be back on Team Paradise with Captain @jdtox to take down Team Hackers again this time with Captain @JB at the helm, secure the dynasty, get the 4 Pete and continue to Spank dat azz?

Your other choices mirror mine as well.

The Budget Championship is pretty tempting. You and and I were formidable at the Morgan Cup as partners in the Shamble. Maybe pair up again for another win?

I agree that The Shaft Up is also right up there because Danny Le seems like a wizard when it comes to fitting.

As a long time Arccos user the Data Experience with Shot Scope would be a great way to compare the two systems.

Not much info on the Escape with Edel but I’m very intrigued by their putter fitting from what I’ve read on the forum about it.

No doubt all of the above will be fabulous and the participants will have a memorable experience.

I will for sure enter one or more of the above when the sign-ups become available.
If the Golden ticket included a pick your partner option for the Budget Championship, I’d roll with you for sure. Smoke some cigars and have a great time

If the GD is out of the question then it has to be The Morgan Cup.
The dates could come into play as well.

First thought is I just want to play at a Dormie Network course... second thought is Morgan Cup sounds fantastic... third thought is Srixon event sounds exciting... fourth thought is I want to hang out with Danny again... fifth thought is wait, maybe I'd rather... sooooo all of them is not the correct answer, huh? :ROFLMAO:

It would be real hard not to instantly choose the Morgan Cup. That’s a downright special event that would be hard to pass on. If I got one I think I’d pass on it only because I’ve been lucky enough to experience it and want to see others enjoy it.

I think I’d lean towards the Budget Championship. Still a team competition with me and a partner. A big group of THPers because the more the merrier. And the event looks like it’s an absolute blast.

If I decided to go with something more intimate I think I would lean Shaft Up. The chance to be fit by Danny and then play some golf with him is pretty special. That or the Shot Scope data experience. I’ve loved having my shot scope but to play with Gavin and Jen and get a full deep dive by them on the numbers…🤯. You’d almost improve by accident after that.
Can I be your partner?

I’d love another shot at the MC. Would be almost impossible to pass that up.

Considering all the Experiences are downright amazing, there is no poor choice. If equipment is involved, I would certainly consider the company sponsor and their offerings, then type of play (I do like the team aspect), and do the dates work for me. All the other things mentioned would be considered, including uniqueness ofthe Experience, but probably play a lesser role in my decision.

Honestly, if I were to snag a non-Grandaddy Golden Ticket, I am 99% sure where I would cash it in.

This may be a bit controversial, but I would pick a Shaft Up.

I really want to meet Danny Le. I want to tell him all about how an Elements Helium shaft that I won from a Shaft Up contest shanged the way I played off the tee. Then, lets see what we can do with a fitting, and finally put to rest what shaft/shafts would be best for me.

I love Recoil iron shafts, but have always had a difficult time getting something that worked for me. I think I went through 3 sets (mind you all fron used purchases), and only really got along with 1 of them. I need to pick the brain of the master!

Add in that Shaft Up has been the starting point for a lot of THPers having an incredible year..... sign me up!!

I 2nd this selection. I've wanted to get in the mind of @DannyLe for quite some time now. I'm sure once I was fit by him, I wouldn't change the shaft again. It would definitely be a hard ponder, that's for sure. :eek:

I’ve given it thought and I have narrowed it down a bit. However so much left to be unveiled.

I think for me it would have to be the Morgan Cup again, difficult to see past that one! Outside that, either Data Experience or Shaft Up I think but it would be a very very tough call to make.

So much to consider if having that Golden Ticket. I would have to wait to see all the events offered or talk to JB to get his inside on what’s coming.

For Me,

First, who is the sponsor. I want to make sure I am a fan of their equipment and going to put it in my bag.

Second, where is the event taking place. Is it a course I always dreamed of playing?

Third, how many THPers.Some like the big groups others the more one on one.

Forth, Cost. Always a factor of how much the event is costing with entry fees and travel.

Lastly, thoughts of the live follow if an annual event. What was it like following last year.

My picks assuming they are coming back or announced

1. The Goat Cup
2. The Victory Cup
3. The Morgan Cup
4. Budget Experience
5. Shaft Up
6. Data Event
7. Srixon Event
8. Titliest Event

This was a fun topic discussed on Worst Golf Podcast yesterday.

Great question. As a new member, I don’t have the familiarity with the events, so my bias would lean towards equipment. Not sure if Titleist offers an event, but an opportunity to learn more about their tech, driver and fairway wood fitting, with a putter and wedge fitting would be hard to beat!

Team golf events are awesome and getting to know new people make that a plus.
I’ll play golf anywhere, so I’m not going to discriminate on location.
Just pick me and we’ll win! ☺️😉

Great question. As a new member, I don’t have the familiarity with the events, so my bias would lean towards equipment. Not sure if Titleist offers an event, but an opportunity to learn more about their tech, driver and fairway wood fitting, with a putter and wedge fitting would be hard to beat!

Just pick me and we’ll win! ☺😉
We have done a Titleist Experience the last few years where THPers got new equipment and played with the people that created it.

Just pick me and we’ll win! ☺😉
We have done a Titleist Experience the last few years where THPers got new equipment and played with the people that created it.

I used my ticket last year on the :titleist: event and it was well worth it. It's already been announced that there is going to a 2023 event as well.

The link below is for the live thread from the event in Sept.

2022 Titleist Experience

Team event for sure, competitive golf is a lot of fun and you'd meet a lot of people. So i'd probably say Morgan Cup

I used my ticket last year on the :titleist: event and it was well worth it. It's already been announced that there is going to a 2023 event as well.

The link below is for the live thread from the event in Sept.

2022 Titleist Experience
Titleist golf clubs and bourbon… Cash my ticket in right here!!

Titleist golf clubs and bourbon… Cash my ticket in right here!!
And it was at Ballyhack... that place is magical.

This would be a tough decision. Conventional wisdom says MC. But, Shaft Up 1 is at Briggs Ranch and you get basically one on one time/instruction from @DannyLe . The Budget Golf Championship sounds like a riot. There’s a Srixon, Titleist, Evolve event out there. And, Goat Cup 2: Revenge of the Goat!

Back