Your Range Commitment for 2022

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
One of the big things I have lacked since becoming a father, is range time. I used to be excellent about it, spending hours grinding. Then, at one point, I just let playing overtake it, and have rarely spent time refining my game.

Well, I'd like to change that in 2022. At least three range sessions a week, at minimum of one half hour, regardless of time of day. It'll start when the range opens back up, and the weather doesn't suck.

Wondering if anyone has similar plans, or needs a kick in the pants like a thread to get it going. So, what's your range goal for next year?

Im guessing I will end up at the range more this year than the last 4 put together, but it'll be mostly for my son. I usually just bring a 7 iron and bang a few while he goes through 100 balls in less than 200 seconds somehow.

Im guessing I will end up at the range more this year than the last 4 put together, but it'll be mostly for my son. I usually just bring a 7 iron and bang a few while he goes through 100 balls in less than 200 seconds somehow.
This is another one for me.. As Cal just turned six, I want to spend more time with him there. I think he's ready.

I usually only get one day a week to play and get range time. I try to play 18 holes, have lunch, then have a 90-minute practice session at the range. I make sure to do specific drills at the range, not just rapid fire balls without purpose.

Yes, I did the same.

New dad, playing became my focus, because I had so little time.

Now, 80% is lessons and 15% range 5% playing. I have a simulator in my garage for winter practice. But, range time will prob take up a large portion of my time next season. Coach and I have a pretty good road map planned out.

I wish you the best, Dan!

The new course I am joining has a range and I plan to make use of it..

Not sure. I would like to devote time one day a week to work on things on the range.

I'm lucky in that I have an all grass range 5 minutes from my office and a matted range 5 minutes from my house.

My goal once the weather turns, is to hit the range twice a week and play 2 rounds a week. One with my son, one for my league.

This is another one for me.. As Cal just turned six, I want to spend more time with him there. I think he's ready.
Love that! Once they start to get the joy from well struck shots It's amazing how fast they can improve.

I need to do more of everything but range time for sure needs to increase.

I would love to grind more at the range but at this point in life I would rather be at home with my kids.

I'll spend a little more time at the range next year.

I already have an area I can hit shots up to 160 yards, using my own golf balls. This is a 7w.full swing for me, which essentually mimics my driver, 3w, and 5w swings.

On a funnier note. Today at the short game area, myself, and another another guy decided to hit some soft, foam balls with our drivers. The target green, flag was 80 yards a way. One green, and a tee box was about 120 yards away away. Our TM foam balls were flying about 65-70 yards

The course marshal saw, us and came speeding over to stop what we doing. He was really freaking at at first, until he saw what we were doing.

Thought he was going to stroke out on us.

On a regular, not golf vacation, my goal is twice during the week, once on weekend and play 1-2 times per week.

The range is 5 minutes from the house, of which I have a "range club" membership.

When my kids were young, I took some "army men" with me and they played in the bunker when they were bored from hitting balls.

I usually only get one day a week to play and get range time. I try to play 18 holes, have lunch, then have a 90-minute practice session at the range. I make sure to do specific drills at the range, not just rapid fire balls without purpose.
In that order? Or practice session before round?

I generally get at least two range sessions a week in not counting warm up for a round. Those are at least an hour. My kids are older than yours so not looking for me to be with them. When my kids were the age of @Canadan ’s I didn’t practice much.

In that order? Or practice session before round?

I don’t think it makes sense to practice before the round. That clogs my head with stuff and I don’t play well. If I am going to practice on a day I play I do it after (although usually I get lunch and a drink or two.). I usually practice on days I don’t play.

I might go from 8 range sessions all year to 10, maybe even 12.

I don’t think it makes sense to practice before the round. That clogs my head with stuff and I don’t play well. If I am going to practice on a day I play I do it after (although usually I get lunch and a drink or two.). I usually practice on days I don’t play.

Right, but in this example, they have but a single day.

Yes, in that order. Play 18 first, then practice after lunch. I work on those things which gave me trouble during the round.
Gotcha. Thanks. I dont have a day with 200 swings with me anymore. Boy do I wish.

Due to other life commitments in 2022, my range time will assuredly decrease significantly, as I’m sure my rounds in general.
That said, I am working out ways to get swings in from home…

Due to other life commitments in 2022, my range time will assuredly decrease significantly, as I’m sure my rounds in general.

When you move to TN, we need to go to the range. :LOL:

this is unacceptable.

I thought we agreed you would move here and join the O to make it more enjoyable for me?

Currently it’s the mat and net at home when time allows. Then a 90min range session every Thursday late afternoon. Grab some pickup pizza on the way home for the kiddos when the sun sets. And a full 18 every Friday morning. My goal in 2022 is to hit the range on Monday late afternoons as well. We will see if it works out.

I will continue with the same but spend more time in the short game area. I am really going to focus on100 yards and in. I always work driver and woods so need to spend more time on other things.

Back