Your Regular Golf Group

I'd say about 70% of my rounds I'm showing up as a single and getting paired with rando's. We do have a great group of THPers in the area that get together and play a fair bit! Always up for those rounds!

I play with the same 12 guys every Saturday and the same 8 every Sunday .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular group of 10-20 guys who play every Sat and Sun mornings. Two man teams, best ball for a little bit of scratch and we do a skins pool as well. Haven't booked my own tee time in 2 years, just answer the Wednesday email asking who's in/out, wait for the Friday night pairings email and show up. LOVE IT!

2 Different groups,

One everyday that weather permits tees off at the same time daily at my local course averages 3 or 4 foursomes daily and I will play with them 1 or 2 times a week.

I have a regular Thursday game that's the same four each week, this is a big money game that test your skills and not for the weak at heart.

I haven't played as a single in years, but when I did I made some really good golfing buddies.

After reading through some of these posts I feel lucky to say that I have a few groups of friends that I can enjoy a round with. My best friend and brother just started recently too so that's going to be a lot of fun when we finally head out together. Having 2 young boys and studying to pass my state board licensing exams takes up all my time. Golf is usually the only time I get to see most of these people so it makes it extra enjoyable for me to be able to get out of the house for half a day and see some friends. I'm also looking forward to playing a round with more THPers in the future. Met/talked to a handful in my area and I really hope we can get together soon given how much fun I had at The Shootout

I have two "regular" groups. My Thursday night group consists of 3 guys from work. My Saturday/Sunday morning group consists of 5-6 guys that I met one morning and have been playing with for the last 5+ years. They're all 30-45 years older than I am and I'm usually 3rd or 4th best in the group :/

I generally play every Saturday morning with the same 4 some. We have a standing tee time every Saturday at 739am. Outside of that it depends on certain factors. Some Fridays Gunner and I are a twosome who either play by ourselves or don't really care if we get paired up. Outside of that....i occasion ally go out as a single because it's a great way for me to work on some things or simply clear my head. Additionally my absolute favorite golf partner is my 86yr old Dad. He got me into the sport and can't play any more but truly loves riding around and criticizing me for not keeping my head down or taking the wrong club. (I kid obviously but he love it and so do I)

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

My brother and I play two or three times a week, it’s pretty easy because we share the same address. I have my Wednesday evening group and we’ll mix it up with a few more buddies on the weekends. I also play with my GF a couple of times a month. I can honestly say my regular buds make the game much more enjoyable than playing alone or with pick ups.

Having just moved a couple of months ago, I left my group behind, but landed a couple of really nice guys from England that are here for the winter. Really good fun playing with these two. They banter me like they have known me for years and I love it.

I usually have a playing partner that will walk 9 with me early mornings. If I golf on the weekends, it's typically with them and a couple of other friends.

Lone wolf and don't mind it. I have done it for 10 years.

I have a regular group that I play with, but I'll go solo/single sometimes if they're not available.

I really wish I did but unfortunately I am usually just a single and paired up with random people.

Generally a lone wolf unless it's a round with THP'ers. This year I have been a free agent for the early groups at my course and thankfully I have played with a couple groups and have been welcomed back, so it has worked out!

I play with a "regular" group.....we play a $15 skins/$5 Greenie pot and WHIP OUT.I must be a degenerate because I probably wouldn't even play golf if there wasn't some sort of betting involved......Played a course a few Sundays ago with my wife and got paired up with 2 really nice ladies, but painfully slow (5 hours). Even drove my wife crazy. Can't imagine having to go that route every day, it would make me take up tennis again...

Interesting... Thus far I only play with my wife. Her game is not yet to the point where we track it. At times I wonder if my game would improve faster if I played with "better than me" players. But at this point my game improves at least a stroke at each outing so I'm not going to complain.

That said, I am looking forward to the day when I can get together with other thp'ers for a different kind of game.

My regular group is usually a combination selected from 6 or 7 people. Whomever is available makes up the foursome for the day :) Not opposed to pairing up with strangers though, I love seeing how others approach the game.

Back